• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

DKMikey

Smash Journeyman
ok ill try and host it this time
Try dropping your game and hosting another one. Won't let me join yours.

Edit: My internet is really janky, and it won't let me even log on to Nintendo's servers. Not sure why. Sorry, it's not working. Don't want to waste your time, so if you can play someone else I'd just go for it. I don't see my internet magically fixing itself anytime soon.

Edit 2: Worked and hosting if anyone wants to join. Kuro?

Last edited:

Kurofang

Smash Cadet
@ DKMikey DKMikey Alright. lotta feedback. Great combos with lucario, however depending on you play style follow up a little more although spirit bomb(fken op bomb more like it), aura sphere edge guard works on my ike, it wont work on a lot of other characters be aware of that and further more you are ok with defending spikes but im pretty sure you're just not used to my style, regardless you're a fken solid lucario keep up the great work! Now you're squirtle. fken annoying. withdraw super armor op all i gotta say. oh and stop spamming down smash u asshole, that ****s broken even with DI and really grinds my gears. Oh but i did learn a kirby kill combo thanks to you haha, anyways i had a lot of fun gg man.

DKMikey

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I should do the same.

@ DKMikey DKMikey Alright. lotta feedback. Great combos with lucario, however depending on you play style follow up a little more although spirit bomb(fken op bomb more like it), aura sphere edge guard works on my ike, it wont work on a lot of other characters be aware of that and further more you are ok with defending spikes but im pretty sure you're just not used to my style, regardless you're a fken solid lucario keep up the great work!
Yeah, spirit bomb basically shuts down all of Ike's recovery options. Unlike for most characters, it's one of Lucario's best use of his aura in this match-up. I definitely need to DI your combos better. Getting spiked by down air after an offstage throw is embarrassing, even when I meteor cancel and make it back on stage. My recovery needs work.

As for your Ike, very solid as well. You approach fantastically, generally avoiding the aura spheres I throw at you and your Side-B is a huge annoyance. If there's one thing that would really improve your game, it's learning how to wall jump out of Side B. My spirit bomb will be much much easier to avoid if you have this recovery tool. Other than that, don't always go for the hard reads when I'm recovering. Lucario's up B is unbelievably punishable because it has negative disjoint. If I'm recovering on stage, just throw out an ftilt before I hit you so you can reset the situation. Going for a charged fsmash, which did work for you sometimes, gives me the exact knowledge of where I need to land without getting hit. Also, JC upsmash for a kill sometimes. I noticed you JC grab a few times, but considering how slowly I was shielding your normal side B, I feel like you could have gotten some kills on me with this.

Now you're squirtle. fken annoying. withdraw super armor op all i gotta say. oh and stop spamming down smash u *******, that ****s broken even with DI and really grinds my gears. Oh but i did learn a kirby kill combo thanks to you haha, anyways i had a lot of fun gg man.
Yep, my squirtle is basically troll fodder. Only play him with those match-ups where I have a lot of trouble with Lucario (mostly floaties like Jigglypuff and Kirby) or when I'm bored of playing Lucario. Hence why the constant withdraws and down smash (I spam it because it's OP! yay!). Those two moves literally make up 80% of my play. I'm not too serious about Squirtle, but he's fun to play.

About that kirby kill combo by the way, down throw to side B is not a true combo. It only works on scrubs like me who don't techroll.

Top Bottom