• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Idk what happened either
GG's. Nice Luigi. I would've liked to see some other characters though lol. Your spacing at times was pretty good. My up close characters got shield grabbed a lot. I kept seeing it coming. I could get a hang of your strategy. Basically you shield grab to break up any kind of momentum that I had. That was pretty good. Your ledge game was pretty good at first as well. N-airing to escape combos is good as well. Until it gets predictable. Thats how I got all those down grabs against you as Kirby. I knew that you'd try to nair so I shielded and grabbed again. I was picking the wrong characters at first. I needed to play campier characters. That's how I managed. The shield grabs and nairs were too much for me haha. I had to stop being Doc and Falco. Also Luigi's fireballs are good but don't rely on them too much. I could see them coming and approach from a different angle you weren't covering. Spamming them off the ledge was kind of annoying got to admit. Also the mis-fires and up B's lol. But they were good. The random misfire's worked most of the time. The up-b's when you were down a stock were getting predictable as well. Adaptation is key. Toon link and Samus seemed to start to do better. Zelda did well against Luigi too. I have a hard time against him. I just had to pick characters that were distance ones. I knew I could've grabbed you a lot more with those characters as well. You were open for them a lot. All I had to do was wait for you to try and shield grab me but I'd grab instead of whatever aerial I was doing. But, I picked some characters with laggy grabs and ones I don't normally grab with. I always try to grab with Kirby so I got a lot of them in when I played as him. Also Kirby-cides try not to fall for my techniques that are really juvenile like Kirby-cides. All it takes is to take you a little off the stage after you used your second jump. Kirby's cheap. GG's

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
GG's. Nice Luigi. I would've liked to see some other characters though lol. Your spacing at times was pretty good. My up close characters got shield grabbed a lot. I kept seeing it coming. I could get a hang of your strategy. Basically you shield grab to break up any kind of momentum that I had. That was pretty good. Your ledge game was pretty good at first as well. N-airing to escape combos is good as well. Until it gets predictable. Thats how I got all those down grabs against you as Kirby. I knew that you'd try to nair so I shielded and grabbed again. I was picking the wrong characters at first. I needed to play campier characters. That's how I managed. The shield grabs and nairs were too much for me haha. I had to stop being Doc and Falco. Also Luigi's fireballs are good but don't rely on them too much. I could see them coming and approach from a different angle you weren't covering. Spamming them off the ledge was kind of annoying got to admit. Also the mis-fires and up B's lol. But they were good. The random misfire's worked most of the time. The up-b's when you were down a stock were getting predictable as well. Adaptation is key. Toon link and Samus seemed to start to do better. Zelda did well against Luigi too. I have a hard time against him. I just had to pick characters that were distance ones. I knew I could've grabbed you a lot more with those characters as well. You were open for them a lot. All I had to do was wait for you to try and shield grab me but I'd grab instead of whatever aerial I was doing. But, I picked some characters with laggy grabs and ones I don't normally grab with. I always try to grab with Kirby so I got a lot of them in when I played as him. Also Kirby-cides try not to fall for my techniques that are really juvenile like Kirby-cides. All it takes is to take you a little off the stage after you used your second jump. Kirby's cheap. GG's
GGs i had fun you have a great variety of characters and i do agree kirby is cheap with those kirby-cides but i still had fun GGs

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Anyone else looking to fight? I still haven't had my fill. *menacing*
Great matches man, that was a ton of fun! :) Your Samus was really good, especially with all that missile zoning, it gave me some troubles! Oh, and I apologize for the lag near the end, I'm not sure if that was on my end or not..

Anyhoo, I hope we can spar again sometime!

Last edited:
Top Bottom