• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Alright, I won't pick that stage then.
I got back on and tried to join your game and it kicked me offline and not letting me get back on. Error 20100
Edit: I'm gonna restart and keep trying.

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
?? anyone i need to practice because im not so good.
I'll play for a while. Bros A and I (Bros M) Probably might switch a bit. But if you're not really confident in your abilities, keep playing against the cpu's even if it gets boring. It helped me move onto a different level with Sonic even though I got super lazy.

My FC: 4086-2190-5836

Last edited:

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
I'll play for a while. Bros A and I (Bros M) Probably might switch a bit. But if you're not really confident in your abilities, keep playing against the cpu's even if it gets boring. It helped me move onto a different level with Sonic even though I got super lazy.

My FC: 4086-2190-5836
Thing is that I can 4 stock a lvl 9 cpu woth mario but loose 3 stocks to ur sonic

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Thing is that I can 4 stock a lvl 9 cpu woth mario but loose 3 stocks to ur sonic
I play differently than the cpu.

Bros M: @ SmashGamer112 SmashGamer112 . So there were many things that I noticed about your play style. I can't say all of them were good. Mainly, the only thing I really noticed was that you knew how to shield well.

Some of the problems I saw:
  • You never wavedashed.
  • You never shield-grabbed.
  • It always seemed you were throwing out attacks and never attempted to punish your opponent's mistakes.
  • Continously using Falco's Up-Special as an attack on stage.
  • It seemed like you didn't have a "main" character, or one that you had serious experience with.
  • You moved to slow overall.

Okay so, I'll give you a video that you watch on wavedashing. It's very simple to execute but it'll still need practice to master. I haven't even mastered it fully. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q6X-Oo5wBo

Shield-Grabbing is also very simple. Basically just shield an attack while your opponent is in front of you with the R or L button and simply press A after you successfully shielded their attack. There are other button combinations, but this is the one I use.

When Bros A was playing against you. You literally tried to forward smash him when you were playing as Falco at least 6 times in a row. You used Smash Attacks at random and you rarely grabbed at all. Using them at the wrong times can be a big no no.

Falco's Up Special is easily punished when missed, especially when diving down vertically on the stage with it.

This one doesn't seem like a huge huge problem. But it's always good to have a few characters who can stand up on their own. I'm not saying drop the controller and watch your character fight for you, but having a character that you know what to do without throwing out random attacks. This can easily be resolved with practice and reading your opponents moves. Also, what I did with Sonic, I looked up tournament matches of well known players. I suggest you look up matches of Mario, Marth and Falco players and try to mimic their movements.

Mario:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCwIivcACLU

Falco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26IZ78pSuo8

Marth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-588SerYOM

You need to dash dance more, especially with Fox. Keep up your momentum. If you want to continue playing as Fox, I also suggest looking up videos as well and learning how to "Shine".

Other than all of this, good games.

Last edited:

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
I play differently than the cpu.

Bros M: @ SmashGamer112 SmashGamer112 . So there were many things that I noticed about your play style. I can't say all of them were good. Mainly, the only thing I really noticed was that you knew how to shield well.

Some of the problems I saw:
  • You never wavedashed.
  • You never shield-grabbed.
  • It always seemed you were throwing out attacks and never attempted to punish your opponent's mistakes.
  • Continously using Falco's Up-Special as an attack on stage.
  • It seemed like you didn't have a "main" character, or one that you had serious experience with.
  • You moved to slow overall.

Okay so, I'll give you a video that you watch on wavedashing. It's very simple to execute but it'll still need practice to master. I haven't even mastered it fully. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q6X-Oo5wBo

Shield-Grabbing is also very simple. Basically just shield an attack while your opponent is in front of you with the R or L button and simply press A after you successfully shielded their attack. There are other button combinations, but this is the one I use.

When Bros A was playing against you. You literally tried to forward smash him when you were playing as Falco at least 6 times in a row. You used Smash Attacks at random and you rarely grabbed at all. Using them at the wrong times can be a big no no.

Falco's Up Special is easily punished when missed, especially when diving down vertically on the stage with it.

This one doesn't seem like a huge huge problem. But it's always good to have a few characters who can stand up on their own. I'm not saying drop the controller and watch your character fight for you, but having a character that you know what to do without throwing out random attacks. This can easily be resolved with practice and reading your opponents moves. Also, what I did with Sonic, I looked up tournament matches of well known players. I suggest you look up matches of Mario, Marth and Falco players and try to mimic their movements.

You need to dash dance more, especially with Fox. Keep up your momentum. If you want to continue playing as Fox, I also suggest looking up videos as well and learning how to "Shine".

Other than all of this, good games.
What makes me worried is that I know how to wave dash but not constantly with any character (not just Fox), and another thing is that I have tried shield grabbing but I'm not good at following up my attacks when throwing. Logically the Falco problem about the chained smash attacks is a problem, but ironicly I was doing quite well against Sonic on FD, with that technique but retreating right after. The whole main of 1 serious character, is one thing that definitely doesn't help me. Depending on how my opponent plays, I choose a different character as a counter-pick. To be honest the input and just general lag hinders my abilities meaning my sonic turns into a horrible mess that my opponent cleans up with a 4-3 stock. I'm not used to it as I've got back into wifi just now.

Also so some comments on you and your bro's characters:

Sonic: Really Really good, keep up the good work!
Donkey Kong: He is really good however when I used Mewtwo I was sometimes SOMETIMES, quite easily able to escape when he was edge guarding.
Wario: This character is also good, just kinda needs to be more aggresive and punish more, my falco did better than I expected for the first half.
King DeDeDe: Same as Sonic really.
Roy: Nothing to really say as the connection went. Good chain grabs though lol.
Also how come no squirtle??? lol I heard you guys had a squirtle. Good Games.

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
What makes me worried is that I know how to wave dash but not constantly with any character (not just Fox), and another thing is that I have tried shield grabbing but I'm not good at following up my attacks when throwing. Logically the Falco problem about the chained smash attacks is a problem, but ironicly I was doing quite well against Sonic on FD, with that technique but retreating right after. The whole main of 1 serious character, is one thing that definitely doesn't help me. Depending on how my opponent plays, I choose a different character as a counter-pick. To be honest the input and just general lag hinders my abilities meaning my sonic turns into a horrible mess that my opponent cleans up with a 4-3 stock. I'm not used to it as I've got back into wifi just now.

Also so some comments on you and your bro's characters:

Sonic: Really Really good, keep up the good work!
Donkey Kong: He is really good however when I used Mewtwo I was sometimes SOMETIMES, quite easily able to escape when he was edge guarding.
Wario: This character is also good, just kinda needs to be more aggresive and punish more, my falco did better than I expected for the first half.
King DeDeDe: Same as Sonic really.

Also how come no squirtle??? lol I heard you guys had a squirtle. Good Games.
Bros M: I didn't feel like getting Squirtle, letting him rest in his pokeball. xD But thanks for the compliments, Bros A and I appreciate it.

Does anyone feel like playing a couple of roundies?

Last edited:

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
Bros M: I didn't feel like getting Squirtle, letting him rest in his pokeball. xD But thanks for the compliments, Bros A and I appreciate it.

Does anyone feel like playing a couple of roundies?
I'll play some with you. Servers went down yesterday so I need to play with some right now!
FC: 1851-6312-0494

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
For whatever reason, sigs don't display sometimes for me. :|
FC: 4086-2190-5836. They changed it so that person's first post on the page has the sig.

We had to reset our brawl data to be able to play online.

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
FC: 4086-2190-5836. They changed it so that person's first post on the page has the sig.

We had to reset our brawl data to be able to play online.
GG's, Bros. Very nice matches, and your Sonic, amongst other characters, are looking really strong, heh. Keep at it, dude.

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GG's, Bros. Very nice matches, and your Sonic, amongst other characters, are looking really strong, heh. Keep at it, dude.
@ CaptainKirby CaptainKirby I'm still getting my butt kicked by that Kirby. It's.... impossible to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( The Yoshi makes me rage too. Js. I wished you didn't leave though D:
Thanks! I actually started playing as Sonic (Correctly) 2ish days ago. I just did a lot of research and BAM, he entered my mains. His constant spindashing is messing up Squirtle's flow so I have to get back to that.
Good games Captain, you're still to good for me...

@ SmashGamer112 SmashGamer112 Those Sonic dittos were hilarious. Our spindashes constantly knocked both of us back. I had to think of a different strategy. If you like, I can tell you some little Sonic tricks I picked up by the pros. Good games!

+ I think we always desync at FD.

Last edited:

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
@ CaptainKirby CaptainKirby I'm still getting my butt kicked by that Kirby. It's.... impossible to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( The Yoshi makes me rage too. Js. I wished you didn't leave though D:
Thanks! I actually started playing as Sonic (Correctly) 2ish days ago. I just did a lot of research and BAM, he entered my mains. His constant spindashing is messing up Squirtle's flow so I have to get back to that.

@ SmashGamer112 SmashGamer112 Those Sonic dittos were hilarious. Our spindashes constantly knocked both of us back. I had to think of a different strategy. If you like, I can tell you some little Sonic tricks I picked up by the pros. Good games!

IKR I had so much fun! :p Also what happened to squirtle? u SD'd a lot for some reason...

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
If you like, I can tell you some little Sonic tricks I picked up by the pros. Good games!

I guess we shouldn't use that from now on :( Arguably the most competitive stage in the game is now BANNED xD. Also the sonic tips would be nice!

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
hey guys im new to this so im not 100% sure how to get this started or add people but my friend code is: 1981-6851-2113

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord

Hey, for a new character you just picked up, you did exceptionally well. Honestly. :) Just practice and practice, and I can see your potential sky rocketing. Kirby is still my main, and Yoshi is my secondary (Mario and Wario being my tertiaries), so that's why I typically did the best with them. I wanted to try other chars. too, so I just mixed it up a lot by going essentially random. Still, those games were a lot of fun. We'll have to play some time again soon (as well as with Ace).

Last edited:
Top Bottom