• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
Well, after various error codes and annoying bugs, I've finally cleaned out Homebrew and have the supposedly master race hackless version set up. Anyone want to play some 3.6? And avoid stages that weren't in 3.5 pls, they desync.

FC directly beneath this post.

_Griffith_

Smash Apprentice
Somebody give me the scoop. has everyone migrated to 3.6?
I'd say it's about half and half. Some people don't want to change, either due to laziness or nerfs to their main. In case you're wondering how to install the hackless or Homebrew versions:

FOR HOMEBREW

Not sure if this has been addressed yet (or in how much depth) in this topic, but here's how to get the Wifi addon working in Homebrew.

1. Once you have everything downloaded onto your SD card, follow the directory X:/projectm/launcher/addons, and you should find a .7z file named wifi.7z.

2. Use 7-zip to open it, and replace the files that show up (mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selcharacter2.pac, RSBE01.GCT, and info.xml) in their respective directories, X:/projectm/pf/menu 2 for the .pac files, X:/codes for the .gct file, and X:/projectm/launcher/addons for the .xml file.

3. Load up the game via the launcher in Homebrew and it should work.
FOR HACKLESS

Follow these instructions. it takes like15 min
First I wiped my SD card clean, then I downloaded the nohombrew version from this mirrorhttps://www.mediafire.com/folder/9r22ql07np7k3/3.6_Beta_Mirror_[Off-Site]
Then I went to stage builder, started it up, and I didnt hit play. I hit launcher and updated the launcher. After that I went to addons and installed the wifi addon. after that it worked fine. When I got to the 3.6 character select there should be a big wifi symbol thats hard to miss.
Still looking for a game as well, if anyone with 3.6 is around.

Never mind.

Last edited:

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
can anyone help me with getting pm 3.6 to work online?
edit: nvm, griffith is a lifesaver

Last edited:

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Ggs Josh fun games as usual. Whats up with the auto l canceling tho, is that a thing now? was tripping me out for a bit. It seemed like samus was causing us to crash too.

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
Ggs Josh fun games as usual. Whats up with the auto l canceling tho, is that a thing now? was tripping me out for a bit. It seemed like samus was causing us to crash too.
yeah, auto l canceling is something that people can turn on if it's too laggy and you can't get it right, so the feature can be useful.
anyone wanna play? FC in sig.

JoshIsOn

Smash Journeyman
haha yea I was trying it out, and yea I think samus was making us crash. But other than that good games.

Jesus+1

Strawhat Pirate
3DS FC
0705-3756-2752
since josh is gonna play later, if you're on 3.6 we can play. my fc is 1938-7361-2934
alright cool, my fc is in my sig ^^^^
try to only choose battlefield and fd for the first couple games because they never desync for me on 3.6

Top Bottom