• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

masterrobin

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronaxmaster
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
quick someone 1v1 me. i'm so newb to project M that i've never been in what i would consider a real competitive match on project M but I can play... still practicing wave dashing but i think i got the handle on dash dancing. brawl wifi code is same code as project M.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
GGs man.. You're really good, got any tips?
Sure. You like to shield a lot, which is a really bad habit in this game, unless you're like D3 or something. Shield is a very hard commitment because you immediately limit what you can do out of it due to the huge amount of shield drop frames there are (just letting go of the shield button and trying to do a move). You're limited to wavedash OoS, grab, roll, spotdodge, jump, etc. You can't do your tilts or all of you Smash attacks. You can if you have good movement. You always want to focus on and improve on your movement because you have access to all your character's options that the shield took. Having good movement is key in this game.

This is not to say that shielding is bad, but that you should not be doing it as often, imo.

Alrighty, hope that helps out!

Tomaster

Smash Journeyman
Sure. You like to shield a lot, which is a really bad habit in this game, unless you're like D3 or something. Shield is a very hard commitment because you immediately limit what you can do out of it due to the huge amount of shield drop frames there are (just letting go of the shield button and trying to do a move). You're limited to wavedash OoS, grab, roll, spotdodge, jump, etc. You can't do your tilts or all of you Smash attacks. You can if you have good movement. You always want to focus on and improve on your movement because you have access to all your character's options that the shield took. Having good movement is key in this game.

This is not to say that shielding is bad, but that you should not be doing it as often, imo.

Alrighty, hope that helps out!
I'll try to break that habit, the problem is that in order to shield less ill have to space very well to avoid getting hit, which is a skill Im still pretty weak at. Definitely something I have to work on. Thanks a lot. :)

Top Bottom