• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I am as sick as a dog right now. In other words, who wants to play me because I have nothing better to do?

waygu

Smash Lord
ggs dizzy! i had fun with those ganon dittos ive never played him that well :D
any glaring bad habits you found beside my missing tech on dthrow? :grrr:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
GGs @ waygu waygu you're really improving! That stage spike as Marth was SO GOOD seriously. I yelled irl. People thought I was hurt.
You're a lot better as Sheik and Marth than you were. Also I feel like I've never seen your Roy, it's pretty good.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
ggs dizzy! i had fun with those ganon dittos ive never played him that well :D
any glaring bad habits you found beside my missing tech on dthrow? :grrr:
Your Ganon was at least on par with mine that time, still though I was messing up quite a bit.
You could dash attack less with Mario, that's how I kept grabbing you. Instead use his infamous fireball approach in the air or some slower baiting approaches.
Sorry for the down throw chains man, but it works so well XD

waygu

Smash Lord
I have pretty bad techskill, tho, so I'm not sure if that kind of thing is for me.
you gotta try to take note of what youre good at and what characters highlight those skills. spacing and mind games and reading and tech chasing etc. tech skill is important because it'll allow you to do things you couldnt before but you have to learn to walk before you can run. focus on fundamentals for now, those will take your further than grinding out wavedashes in training

that said if you want links to stuff to help with that feel free to ask

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
Your Ganon was at least on par with mine that time, still though I was messing up quite a bit.
You could dash attack less with Mario, that's how I kept grabbing you. Instead use his infamous fireball approach in the air or some slower baiting approaches.
Sorry for the down throw chains man, but it works so well XD
i forgot how to wavedash over the last week so now im back to dash attack approach instead of wavedashing to open up my options :( thanks for pointing it out.
and lmao its alright it teaches me to know when to press l or suffer

dizzypink

Smash Lord
you gotta try to take note of what youre good at and what characters highlight those skills. spacing and mind games and reading and tech chasing etc. tech skill is important because it'll allow you to do things you couldnt before but you have to learn to walk before you can run. focus on fundamentals for now, those will take your further than grinding out wavedashes in training
This so much. My boyfriend doesn't use any tech at all but you won't get past his edgeguards. You won't. He kills my Kirby just by edgeguarding all of my jumps.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
i forgot how to wavedash over the last week so now im back to dash attack approach instead of wavedashing to open up my options :( thanks for pointing it out.
and lmao its alright it teaches me to know when to press l or suffer
It's really weird timing. You have to press it when you're on the third circle. Just do that and you'll never get throw chained again. Just watch those Ganon-main-reads though =3=

DOGE_WOW

Smash Apprentice
Fun matches dude, especially the Falcon dittos early on. Nice Marth, Falco, Fox and CF.
I love playing against people like me who mainly use Melee characters :3
yea dude theyre hella fun and all your characters are awesome :p

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
ggs dude, good to fight someone that good

can you offer any advice?
Try to work on mixing up your teching. Whenever I was pretty close to you, you would usually go for a getup attack. And whenever I wasn't you would try to tech away from me is what I noticed.

Top Bottom