• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M On bootloader and Wifi patcher.

@NaG4

Smash Rookie
So basically i've been trying to get PM to work on PAL which finally worked after about 3 hours of tinkering with outdated builds and then finally a clear one only thing is that the guide used for making PM work with online play is confusing me.

1. Extract the content of the archive to any folder.
  2. Copy all images you want to patch into this folder.
  3. Windows-User now start the create-image.bat, Linux- and Mac-User start the create-image.sh.
  4. Now all games in the folder get patched. After patching, you find the new images in the folder wiimmfi-images. You can now copy those to your HDD or USB-Stick.
  5. If you haven't done so already, create a folder in the root of your SD called "wbfs" and inside it create another folder that has "[RSBE]" in it somewhere (or [RSBP], [RSBK], [RSBJ], depending on your disc). (you can call it [RSBE] Brawl, whatever you want, just have that ID in there). Put your patched ISO in that folder
  6. Run your USBLoader from the Homebrew channel (note make sure your sd card and usb stick are not in the wii at the same time), and launch Brawl. You're good to go!

Now I can fully follow all the steps until 5. It says I should put the modified image onto an sd card, however the only SD card I have is full of Project M stuff and is only 2GB. (Apparently the recommended size.)

Then why does it tell me to put the image onto the USB and then make a folder on the SD and put it there too when my SD card doesn't have the room for that? Am I supposed to have 2 SD-cards? Should I just skip step 5?

If anybody could help me that'd be fantastic.

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
I haven't set up online for my PM personally, but isn't the ISO supposed to go on the USB stick, not the SD card? That doesn't make sense for a ~6-8 GB ISO to go on an SD card.

@NaG4

Smash Rookie
I haven't set up online for my PM personally, but isn't the ISO supposed to go on the USB stick, not the SD card? That doesn't make sense for a ~6-8 GB ISO to go on an SD card.
Exactly but the guide tells me otherwise. I don't want to do anything in case I have to format it again so...

@NaG4

Smash Rookie
Exactly but the guide tells me otherwise. I don't want to do anything in case I have to format it again so...
Alright apparently just putting the patched ISO onto the USB worked. No friend codes yet and matching with randoms doesn't work...

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
Alright apparently just putting the patched ISO onto the USB worked. No friend codes yet and matching with randoms doesn't work...
Try adding some friend codes, I don't know if random play works properly (I haven't looked much into the online patches). And yeah that was weird that the guide said to put it on the SD card.

@NaG4

Smash Rookie
Try adding some friend codes, I don't know if random play works properly (I haven't looked much into the online patches). And yeah that was weird that the guide said to put it on the SD card.
yeah apparently thats the only way it works but its still pretty laggy. especially when you see that the majority of PM players are from america. I don't think installing PAL PM is worth it if you want to play online.

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
yeah apparently thats the only way it works but its still pretty laggy. especially when you see that the majority of PM players are from america. I don't think installing PAL PM is worth it if you want to play online.
Agh, that sucks man :/

Top Bottom