• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M no longer works?

Plompalomp

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!

A few days ago I homebrewed my Wii and downloaded Project M, along with all the other bits and pieces needed to get it working, and it has been working fine for the last few days. However, today I had a couple of friends round and we wanted to play some other games I had in disc form, and my Wii said it needed updating. Thinking nothing of it, I turned the Wii off, removed the SD card and USB stick with all the files etc on, and updated my Wii, and now it no longer seems to work. I can get on to the homebrew channel, open up USBLoader GX , and then can find Brawl, can click the open button for it once I've clicked on Brawl, but once that happens it directs me straight back to the homebrew channel. I used a couple of sources to getting the homebrew channel and Project M, one of which on reddit, although the other source appears to have been deleted but it was just a video using the same methods as the reddit post (but in a different order), and it worked perfectly fine before so I feel it might be something to do with my Wii or a program needs reinstalling, whatever it was though the update effected it. I live in the UK so I have a PAL Wii, so had to install a few things and change some stuff, but it worked perfectly fine before and all the files were in the right places. Can someone please help me with what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
its because you updated your wii

you need to reinstall all of the little bits and pieces you had previously installed.

Plompalomp

Smash Rookie
its because you updated your wii

you need to reinstall all of the little bits and pieces you had previously installed.
Thank you! Do you mean everything I installed on the Wii, or everything on the memory stick and SD card too?

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
what you currently have on the sd card and memory stick should be fine.

just reinstall all the wad's and cios's and such

Top Bottom