• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M New Art Tuesday: Shinobi Squirtle!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
too bad squirtle is worst char in PM atm, appreciate all the work on PM regardless
Nah man, I've seen good squirtles on wifi before. I think PM is so balanced there really is no worst character.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure what this is based off of...Lucario had the Gi with the Focus sash and black belt. This doesn't seem to be based off something Pokemon.

Do I care? Nope! I love ninjas.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've never played P:M, but I do enjoy watching other people play it. One of my favorites of all time is Ally versus M2K where lots of great stuff happens...

Anyway, this is probably my favorite costume you guys have done so far. Ike with Hector's armor is probably second place. I don't even enjoy Squirtle and this makes me like him/her/it quite a bit more :)

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
too bad squirtle is worst char in PM atm, appreciate all the work on PM regardless
If you think Squirtle is the worst, either you are some PM god (unlikely), you're a Squirtle main (not wanting his main nerfed), or have never played any good Squirtles.

This costume is cool however

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
The only reason a lot of people consider Squirtle to be one of the worst characters in the game is because very few know how to use his unique techs.

Once someone has perfected all of his SS and hydroplane shenanigans, people will start treating him like the ninja he is. They'll never be able to touch him.

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
We need to allow items, just so we can have a pizza-eating Ninja Squirtle.

Last edited:

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
The people who make the Pokémon anime MUST TAKE NOTE OF THIS. THIS. SQUIRTLE. IS. AMAZING.

...Why can't we customise our Pokémon in X and Y?! THEN we'd have these adorable Shinobi Squirtle!!

Otherwise, PMBR, even though I strongly detest Project M, this Squirtle alt is amazing. You did well this time. (
Welp, we can dress them up in Amie in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, so that's a start?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Shinobi... Squirtle?

I'm just imagining some dude bored, drawing on a napkin or something, draw something similar to this, and be like, "Damn son!" Way too random to me.

Regardless- it is still a great costume, and the one who made it did a good job on it.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Sadly, the All-Stars VS mode finally killed my interest for Project M, not to mention I don't like mods at all. :( I'm personally happy playing Brawl as it is, despite the flaws such as tripping and no Roy and Mewtwo. If anything, I would prefer my Smash Bros experience to come from Sakurai himself. On the other hand, the PMBR should team up with Nintendo for the next game for these awesome costumes! :) Especially Hec-Ike.

Also, the PMBR has no love for Australia. :( not to mention, there are some things that I don't like about it at all, such as bringing back Kirby's dash attack from Melee or changing Wario's side special to his tackle from the Wario Land games.

That's all.
So... an optional mode that you don't have to play and lots of people want makes you appreciate the game less?

I think I'm missing something here. It sounds like you may not have played Project M before.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
This makes me wanna play Squirtle. Awesome costume!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So... an optional mode that you don't have to play and lots of people want makes you appreciate the game less?

I think I'm missing something here. It sounds like you may not have played Project M before.
Your absolutely right. I've never played PM before, not to mention I'm not at all a fan of it. I'm really sorry if I offended you. It's just that there were some changes that I didn't like at all, and I was happy playing Brawl.

And as you quoted, it's not for Australia.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This costume makes no sense.
BUT I LOVE IT.
*squee*

Diabolical

Smash Apprentice
Your absolutely right. I've never played PM before, not to mention I'm not at all a fan of it. I'm really sorry if I offended you. It's just that there were some changes that I didn't like at all, and I was happy playing Brawl.

I am Australian and I have been playing PM since 2.0. Your arguments are so bias. Don't state you have an opinion on PM until you have played it

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt

This troll is top tier... however.

Stop, walk away from this news post please. You're doing no one any good by replying to people and getting them riled up, vocalizing dislike of P:M doesn't really belong in this thread to begin with.

Last edited:

G-K

Smash Cadet
Gotta be honest, this costume is SF4 levels of random... I still like it, though. ;)

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle is the one character I never really "got" in PM, but this may inspire me to figure him out a bit better. Probably my favorite so far.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Eliwood would make a pretty good alt for Roy.
Honestly, I don't think it would. To me, he doesn't look different enough from Roy to really be all that great of a costume change. I'd much rather have his Awakening alt or some other Fire Emblem character reference.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This troll is top tier... however.

Stop, walk away from this news post please. You're doing no one any good by replying to people and getting them riled up, vocalizing dislike of P:M doesn't really belong in this thread to begin with.
I'm deeply sorry about this. It was never my intention to troll anyone, and I am deeply sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom