• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Launcher keeps restarting Wii menu

cupofcioffi

Smash Rookie
I keep trying to play project M but everytime I click on the launcher in the homebrew channel, it just restarts the console back to the wii menu. I saw other threads with the same problem but no solutions. I downloaded the entire project M files onto a clean SD card so I don't understand why its not working.

Narpas_sword

Are you pressing 'A' or 'Start' in the menu?

Going to have to try and problem solve my way through this, as it's not something i have a problem with. Would love to see it resolved though. getting people to play our game is the best thing for our game. =)

Can you start by telling us what version of homebrew you have? and as many other details as you can think of?

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What type of controller are you using, also? Gamecube controller and A button is always successful for me.

Jpizzle

Smash Rookie
Same problem here, it just sends me back to the Wii menu when I select play.

When I select "update" it says "The Project M info.XML file was not found. Do you want to force the detected version to v3.00?"

Last edited:

Jpizzle

Smash Rookie
After a few hours of fiddling with it i found a fix!

http://geckodownloads.googlecode.com/files/gecko1931.zip

Download this and click gecko 1931 after unzipping the file, then click gecko 1931 again, then click HBC, gecko 1931 once again, then take the Boot.elf file and replace the current one you were trying to use and try starting project m again, this time it will use a gecko launcher and will work.

Piko10e

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkwolf5056
3DS FC
1762-3015-1257
After a few hours of fiddling with it i found a fix!

http://geckodownloads.googlecode.com/files/gecko1931.zip

Download this and click gecko 1931 after unzipping the file, then click gecko 1931 again, then click HBC, gecko 1931 once again, then take the Boot.elf file and replace the current one you were trying to use and try starting project m again, this time it will use a gecko launcher and will work.
It still doesn't work for me for some reason. I had the same problem as you guys so I did everything and it still takes me back to the home menu :(

Clark.r16

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0963-3805-7620
When i click play on pm launcher (I've tried hackless and homebrew) it boots up brawl, but it gets messed up on the character selection screen. Wario is on the screen twice (Biker wario on the top right and Plumber wario on the bottom left), the charizard squirtle and ivysaur are on it as well as pokemon trainer, and when the cursor even comes close to the wario on the bottom right, the game freezes. If i pick other characters, i go to a messed up stage select screen, (Pokemon stadium is on several spots for example), and if i pick a stage the game freezes. Has this happened to anyone? Any help??

Top Bottom