• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M is beautiful.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
The reason is simple. The balancing of this enormous cast is coming together and what I'm starting to feel is opportunity for each of us to do what we love. What character do you want to play? Great, every character is viable and with enough passion and practice, you can succeed through love. For your character and by extension, your playstyle. That freedom is beautiful.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this project in any way. From its visionaries, to its fans - its content creators to its commentators and bloggers, to those who've shaped its metagame and to those who've shaped the metagames before it, to its enemies who've created struggle for the strength in our friendships to fuel us in triumph as a community.

Y'all my people.

Come out to Northwest Majors and let's blaze and bro.

Last edited:

Kes

Smash Cadet
I agree. I have loved Zelda's playstyle above all since Melee but she's always been so sub par. And I have found new characters I like whom I never touched in previous entries as well.

GotRest?

Smash Rookie
Yeah, you nailed it. I love melee, but I never liked that it forced you to consider viability above personal style if you wanted to compete. I mean, Captain Falcon is like 7th in the melee tier list and we have Hax switching to Fox because he considers Cap not viable enough.

When someone settles on a new main in PM it actually tells us something interesting about their playstyle so much more so than in any previous smash game.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The reason is simple. The balancing of this enormous cast is coming together and what I'm starting to feel is opportunity for each of us to do what we love. What character do you want to play? Great, every character is viable and with enough passion and practice, you can succeed through love. For your character and by extension, your playstyle. That freedom is beautiful.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this project in any way. From its visionaries, to its fans - its content creators to its commentators and bloggers, to those who've shaped its metagame and to those who've shaped the metagames before it, to its enemies who've created struggle for the strength in our friendships to fuel us in triumph as a community.

Y'all my people.
This.

This is why Project M is the greatest thing to happen to Smash Bros., ever. It's Smash Bros., by the fans that care, for the fans that care.

Last edited:

Freddoe

Smash Rookie
Like it's been said: my favorite part about PM is that you can play all of your favorite characters and they're all somewhat viable.
Melee will still be THE competitive game, but PM is 1000x better than Brawl and has become my go-to for friendlies.

Juken

Smash Ace
I like how it's more flexible, and how there's more viable characters/characters in general. I also like the fact that you can actually mod in more characters , and add cool skins and maps and music easily with the tools from the community. I also like that it's not as tech-heavy, so it's easier to get into, but at the same time, the game isn't just floaty evasion fest like Brawl was.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I would love to blaze with Apples

I agree. I have loved Zelda's playstyle above all since Melee but she's always been so sub par. And I have found new characters I like whom I never touched in previous entries as well.
Watch Cosmo play Zelda in Melee. He's pretty sick, and I can't help but wonder if he ever got into PM. I bet his Zelda in this game would be ****ing awesome.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Since Zelda's Fair & Bair are different, Cosmo's playstyle doesn't transfer over very well. He prefers to use Sheik in the rare event that he plays PM.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He's probably not interested in re-learning his entire neutral game when he can just use Sheik.

Top Bottom