• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M, growing as a community together. (Captain Falcon)

How do you play?

• Total voters

SirProton

Smash Rookie
We can all agree that the Captain is a beast be only a small percentage of us like M2K or HAX can really do work with him. With this thread I'd like to dedicate it towards refining Him and really discover what he can do in the competitive smash scene. Let's say that there a 6 levels of Smash skill. k? k. good.

1. Little Jimmy just got a copy of Melee for his birthday. He just plays the coolest looking character and dies and can't even do a smash attack

2.Jimmy is a little 10 now and has learned more about the game and can now smash and kinda use tilts and his recovery has improved.

3. Jimmy is 13 now and is not you run of the mill smasher. He knows what a tier list is and generally ignores it. He spams Falcon punches Picachu's down special. In short a casual.

4. Jimmy is like 15 now and has found his favorite character that is at least in the A tier of his preferred game. He plays a lot and is now wave dashing and L-canceling proficiently his knowledge of the game is limited but he ain't no fool either.The competitive scene. He is interested in it.

5. Jimmy is above 16 and is a pretty good player. He has extensive knowledge of the game and Has mastered the game in his own mind. This is where most of us are right now. This is where I am.

6. You ascend to divinity and are whooping ass day in and day out. M2K, Mang0, H-box, and Ken are your piers now! you have achieved mastery of the game.

My goal is to one day ascend to level 6. The only to do this is through growth as a community and sharing knowledge. If you want to grow with me and the rest of us.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
I think there are a lot more steps between 4 and 6 than you think.

If you feel as though you've mastered the game in your own mind, that may be what is holding you back from improving.
Many people plateau because they stop learning when they feel like they know everything, when in reality, this game and melee really don't have an end to the things you can learn.
I can probably dig up some of the more obscure stuff I've seen around the youtubes if you want. but off the top of my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1m4nMl9UuI
TaFoKiNtS putting in the hard work to really get into the meat of stuff.

Melee and PM are games where there is no reason for you to ever stop learning. It's one of the most beautiful things about this game and what keeps people engaged years after starting to play competitively.

Top Bottom