• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNeonShot

Smash Rookie
I was so excited to get Project M on my wii! I did everything to figure out what I needed for homebrew, like youtube and the smash boards. After finding nothing current, I found out that all you needed to do was hit Project M's launcher.
(Really, Project M? Was it so hard to say that on your download's page?)

The first time, the gamecube controller worked fine, but Wii remote's couldn't work with nunchucks.
After having to shut it down and restart, Project M no longer worked, saying that I needed to turn off the power and pull out the disc.
After trying to restart it multiple times, it didn't work. So, I deleted the files off of my SDHC 8 gb card (which the forums said was fine to use for homebrew). Once it re-installed, it worked completely fine! (without updating the launcher).
So, me and my brother had fun beating each other to a pulp with Mewtew, Roy, Charizard, and Kirby.
Sadly, Project M messed up BOTH of my best fighters, Wolf and Marth. Marth is now just a clone of Roy without fire, and that ticks me off, and Wolf is too slow. I don't know what you guys have to go through to add these characters, but all I know is I couldn't fight as my fighters anymore.

After playing for a good 2 hours, we had an appointment to make.
When we got back, Project M refused to load. Re-downloading files again, it still doesn't work.
Try running Brawl without Project M, THAT no longer works.
I try loading another game, and THAT no longer works.
So, now all I can do is run the games that are already downloaded to the console.
Thank you, Project M, for giving me the worst SSB game experience I've EVER had.

Oh right, why is this in the Help and Support?
Because Project M was supposed to be the easiest mod to install to SSB, yet it took me DAYS to figure it out.
"Well why didn't you look here before?"
Because I couldn't find anything that an inexperienced mod user could read. I checked youtube, people said to use a usb loader or something. I looked for help with Riivolution here, that just said to download different files to replace with existing Project M files.
Seriously.
There is NO basic, easy step by step tutorial for Project M I could easily find.
I am asking for future situations like mine for someone to make a Step by step tutorial for all methods of installation.

I know the game is hack at your own risk, but I can't help but feel cheated for this.
~MrNeonShot

Narpas_sword

Demand a refund!

Seriously though, i stopped reading at your character ********.
if you want to have a cry, go do it elsewhere.

If you have some problem you'd like help with, post that. and that only.

Y-L

Smash Champion
This is hilarious. No one is forcing you to play the game, not to mention you just have no idea how to play. If you actually figured out the game, you'd realize that Wolf is one of the fastest characters in the game and that Marth is much faster than in Brawl. Not to mention there is no need for there to be a guide to every character, it's something you figure out by playing. Most melee guides apply as well.

There's no extensive guides on setting up PM because it's dead easy to use. If hackless isn't working for you then USB load it it's incredibly simple. No need to flame the PMBR and be extremely unappreciative of all the work they've put into this game. Searching the forums or Google brings up PLENTY of results, I don't know where you were looking.

MrNeonShot

Smash Rookie
I understand that they put a lot of hard work into the characters. I understand that they put a lot of hard work into it.
I DID everything to try and fix project M, but ultimately, it failed. For one, there is a channel on homebrew specifically for loading project M, but that still didn't load. It gave me an error. I tried it again. It didn't work. Then I try loading brawl without project M, and I get the same message. My system was working before I got project m. After? All I can do is play games that are downloaded to the system.

I thought I just needed to reload the files, and that worked. But after a few hours, I got the same problem.

Here is what I need help with. How do I get my disc reader to work after project m messes it up?

Narpas_sword

ProjectM didn't mess up your disk drive, that's correlation, not causation.

Wii disc drives are janky at best. mine failed years ago and sounds like it's chewing on a disc when I put one in.
Project M reads files from an SD card, and uses a brawl disc as normal. It wont be the cause of your problem.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
You want a step by step guide to play project m?

Step 1. download it

step 2. put it on 2gb sd card

step 3. put sd card in wii

step 4. start wii

step5. start brawl.

step 6. start stage manager (Make sure all cusotm stages are deleted)

step 7.play pm

in all seriousness, this is hilarious. pm didnt mess up your wii's disk drive, and if it took you days to figure out, you dont deserve to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom