• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M crashes because of missing costumes

Olhi

Smash Cadet
Hi! I added the 700 stages from Kapedani's Build to my Vanilla Project M by copying the module and stage folders, gameconfig.txt, sc_selmap.pac and RSBE01.gct over.

Everything works fine except for one thing:

When I scroll over the Costumes in CSS, the Game crashes, and during Team Battles in Classic Mode, Characters with certain Costumes don't spawn.

So, what do I need to change in order to fix that?

EDIT: Also, while Plumber Wario is still the default skin, Biker Wario appears instead.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing that the GCT might be causing problems. Better check that out. My suggestion would be to implement the stage expansion stuff onto a fresh vanilla p:m build and then add the stages in.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You can't just copy over a custom .gct into a vanilla build without knowing exactly what codes were in it. That codeset had codes that added costumes (and much more) that you clearly don't have installed.

To add ASL / Stage expansion to your own vanilla build isn't a matter of copy / pasting a file onto the sd card. You'd have to either use stage expansion or the ASL tool. Afterwards then you'd add the stages over the corresponding slots.

However the problem here lies in the fact that Kapedani used a combination of both ASL and stage expansion, and setting it up exactly like his build will take some time especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited:

Olhi

Smash Cadet
You can't just copy over a custom .gct into a vanilla build without knowing exactly what codes were in it.
Of course I can. I have enough SD Cards to experiment with :V

And as I mentioned earlier, everything except the costumes works.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
What he means is that the GCT contains the codes that make the build what it is. Just copying stuff won't work. You'll need to edit the GCT yourself, but that will be a pain in the neck. You're better off following one of the links that Xerom posted and porting the stages yourself.

Top Bottom