• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
Another good thing with 14 costumes: you could use 3 or 4 costumes for SSB4 Samus. I really like her design from Other M.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
Another good thing with 14 costumes: you could use 3 or 4 costumes for SSB4 Samus. I really like her design from Other M.
I would like that also. But he's tried that before and problem with that is the hitboxes on her moves are made to fit her brawl design. So it kinda won't work.

Last edited:

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
Really? But doesn't she have the same proportions as Brawl Samus? They aren't that different, sure she's a bit thinner, but that's all.

Willsaber

Smash Cadet
I would definitely want Synthetic or Mega Lucario recolors, if 14 slots are available.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
OH man. This is what heaven must feel like. Guess ill have to wait for all of them. This is some sweet ****.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
With 14 costumes now I think we all need..... MEOWSER!!!!

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
Codex just said that the other M model didnt fit in with the brawl art style so he didn't use it.
Actually we are both right lol

Well I'm actually considering to go back to the default Samus for Hitbox reasons as well as the fact that Smash 4 Samus looked really out of place no matter what I did when put up next to other characters (I spent three hours iirc just staring and comparing during gameplay/rim tests) and another reason being there's more verity to costumes, specially with PM 3.5 costumes coming out.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
If I remember correctly, another reason I never went with the Other M Samus was because I would have to pick out out of all the amazing color's that Samus has, that and down below everyone else explains it better than I haha, I'll have to look into it a bit more though.

I would like that also. But he's tried that before and problem with that is the hitboxes on her moves are made to fit her brawl design. So it kinda won't work.
^ This is another reason, though I think I might be wrong on that part in regards to Samus overall, various reasons being that it's apparently a clipping thing.

Really? But doesn't she have the same proportions as Brawl Samus? They aren't that different, sure she's a bit thinner, but that's all.
Considering a lot of people here would love Other M Samus I'll have to reconsider this now haha, another reason is that the style stands out (Not in a negative way mind! I mean it's really amazing to look at and it's so distinct I like it)

I would definitely want Synthetic or Mega Lucario recolors, if 14 slots are available.
I'll be certain to add them in so need not worry!

Codex just said that the other M model didnt fit in with the brawl art style so he didn't use it.
^ This, though I'll look into it a bit more now considering the love for Other M Samus, also a 10/10 job by IWG I might add.

OH man. This is what heaven must feel like. Guess ill have to wait for all of them. This is some sweet ****.
I'm glad my thread feels like heaven to you! Thanks! I'll be going all out on everyone the next couple of weeks! (Please Vault get back up and running!)

With 14 costumes now I think we all need..... MEOWSER!!!!
I would totally put Meowser in if someone made his costume!

Actually we are both right lol
^ Pretty much that!

So much of this please.
^^^ To anyone working on a Meowser! Please make it happen!

EDIT: I just want to thank everyone on the thread, mainly for reply and answering questions in my absence haha! You guys are awesome!

Last edited:

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
Wait, did someone actually find a way to give 14 costume slots for each character?
This is news to me and I'm quite interested.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Ohhhhhh does Luigi have a Professor E. Gad cosplay anywhere? If not we need that.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
ohhhh and a bunch of Mario powerups for extra costumes like Bee and Cloud and other things. (cat mario plz)

Last edited:

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
I think it would be cool if TP Link get a Hero's Shade skin while OOT Link get a Dark Link skin.

Willsaber

Smash Cadet
Coinblock Ivysaur might be a neat addition. There really aren't all that many Ivysaur alts out there, unfortunately. :/

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Coinblock Ivysaur might be a neat addition. There really aren't all that many Ivysaur alts out there, unfortunately. :/
Codex has actually already made a Coinblock Ivy CSP aha

+ One to Coinblock it is!

As for the coin effect, it's out of range I'm afraid haha though I can give it a shot in the future when I learn more and more into it!

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
All of these costumes look outstanding! I'm impressed by all of them too be honest. Especially how Bowser has a skin for when he was in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and worked with Popple. This is my first time seeing a lot of these alternates.

MagicManNo9

Wait, did someone actually find a way to give 14 costume slots for each character?
This is news to me and I'm quite interested.
Yeah, I saw a recent video by Mewtwo2000 who had succeeded in doing this apparently, hopefully an update in regards to that comes soon!

Ohhhhhh does Luigi have a Professor E. Gad cosplay anywhere? If not we need that.
That's actually a really neat idea, I mean considering someone made a Dr Luigi costume a Gad costume would be pretty awesome.

ohhhh and a bunch of Mario powerups for extra costumes like Bee and Cloud and other things. (cat mario plz)
Would be really nice to see if someone can do that, could do a model import from Galaxy assuming someone has ripped the model before, cat Mario would actually need working on though because it's a Wii U model, not to mention the work on the tail (Pls someone do that and Cat Bowser)

I think it would be cool if TP Link get a Hero's Shade skin while OOT Link get a Dark Link skin.
I would love to see someone make a Link costume where he's wearing the Hero's Shade armor, I made a OOT Dark Link skin because it looks so much better in my opinion.

I really want a Zora themed link.
Majora's Mask or the TP one? Either one is awesome to look at~

True, I added the CSP in, as for the actual costume it's a case that it looks out of place for what I'm going for in the build (That said I do wonder what an Ivy costume would look like or where the idea for it could come from)

YASSS BEAUTIFUL & BRAWL VAULT IS BACCKK XDDD HAX ARE US !!
Back for me now! Now I have to play the waiting game in waiting for certain things to come out!

Codex has actually already made a Coinblock Ivy CSP aha
Thanks for linking him! I almost forgot myself that I made that!

All of these costumes look outstanding! I'm impressed by all of them too be honest. Especially how Bowser has a skin for when he was in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and worked with Popple. This is my first time seeing a lot of these alternates.
Thanks! I'm glad the CSPs are looking nice for the build, I'm a fan of a Mario and Luigi games so I had to add that Bowser in!

I love your work, Codex, and thought I'd link the Ike Climbers alt from the April Fool's video: http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2nmyh2/can_we_get_the_ike_climbers_alt_as_a_download/cmf5dyb

I don't know if you want to use it, but it wasn't posted on the Brawl Vault and you may have missed it.
I actually played that costume for fun funny enough! It's pretty damn funny to use but I probably won't use it for this build because it's hard to place that somewhere specific haha!

UPDATE:

Sadly progress has been slow as I've been waiting for the vault to come up and various other things happening but it's back up and I'm waiting in for a bunch of stuff to come out so fingers crossed it all goes well!

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Yeah, I saw a recent video by Mewtwo2000 who had succeeded in doing this apparently, hopefully an update in regards to that comes soon!

That's actually a really neat idea, I mean considering someone made a Dr Luigi costume a Gad costume would be pretty awesome.

Would be really nice to see if someone can do that, could do a model import from Galaxy assuming someone has ripped the model before, cat Mario would actually need working on though because it's a Wii U model, not to mention the work on the tail (Pls someone do that and Cat Bowser)

I would love to see someone make a Link costume where he's wearing the Hero's Shade armor, I made a OOT Dark Link skin because it looks so much better in my opinion.

Majora's Mask or the TP one? Either one is awesome to look at~

True, I added the CSP in, as for the actual costume it's a case that it looks out of place for what I'm going for in the build (That said I do wonder what an Ivy costume would look like or where the idea for it could come from)

Back for me now! Now I have to play the waiting game in waiting for certain things to come out!

Thanks for linking him! I almost forgot myself that I made that!

Thanks! I'm glad the CSPs are looking nice for the build, I'm a fan of a Mario and Luigi games so I had to add that Bowser in!

I actually played that costume for fun funny enough! It's pretty damn funny to use but I probably won't use it for this build because it's hard to place that somewhere specific haha!

UPDATE:

Sadly progress has been slow as I've been waiting for the vault to come up and various other things happening but it's back up and I'm waiting in for a bunch of stuff to come out so fingers crossed it all goes well!

& while ur waiting i wonder what those stuff are ???? not to mention is the build finally completed??

MagicManNo9

& while ur waiting i wonder what those stuff are ???? not to mention is the build finally completed??
Quite a bit of stuff, some I can say and some I can't, in regards to how far the build is, it's really hard to say, I'm mainly waiting in for CBliss update, which will allow 14 Costumes, and because of that I need to go through my current ones and fix/change things up, re-doing CSP's with better lighting (A couple of pages back I did Ike, Mario and Ganon) 3.5 Costumes updates and rethinking on what costumes to pick and mix with 14.

At first I thought it was going to quite troublesome however it's been really useful in regards to alt 3.5 colors, here's an update on Marth:

I re-did the CSP's and blended Crixler's Marth armor pattern into Shadow Dragon Marth (Because it looks so good, I'll also be crediting everyone when the final build is now, by that time it'll be the size of a book haha) I also fixed up the Awakening Marth CSP because the head size before was slightly larger, I went and updated that and the costume.

Also to add, I re-did the costumes order, keeping the original Marth, 3.5's Sigurd's costumes and updated Shadow dragon Marth's armor, I also added my own version on Red Marth because I was never a fan of his Brawl costume:

CSPs:

BPs:

Hope you all like the Marth update here! I'm hoping the CBliss update happens soon so I can get to releasing when I can!

Mewtoo22

Smash Rookie
Man, I'm really looking forward to this build. ^^ 14 costumes + stage expansion all sounds good to me. I even like the menu changes too. Could I make a small request though? Would you mind making a small alternate with the Project M background for the CSS/SSS instead of that grey one? >_< Aside from the grey bg, I really like all the character icons you have set up.

Also, have you thought of making your own recolors to fill some of those spots? I've searched the Vault and haven't seen one yet, but I'd love to see Smash 4's pink DK added to this build. XD Either way, these are excellent costume choices, especially those Marths. Lookin' forward to it. ^^

MagicManNo9

Either version of Zora link would be cool. I really like both of them.
I'll be sure to add TP Zora Costume Link in 100% when the CBliss update happens! Same with Magic Armor! Made the CSP/BP's if that helps!

CSP's:

BP's:

can't wait till this comes out.
Thanks! I hope you look forward to it!

Man, I'm really looking forward to this build. ^^ 14 costumes + stage expansion all sounds good to me. I even like the menu changes too. Could I make a small request though? Would you mind making a small alternate with the Project M background for the CSS/SSS instead of that grey one? >_< Aside from the grey bg, I really like all the character icons you have set up.

Also, have you thought of making your own recolors to fill some of those spots? I've searched the Vault and haven't seen one yet, but I'd love to see Smash 4's pink DK added to this build. XD Either way, these are excellent costume choices, especially those Marths. Lookin' forward to it. ^^
Thanks! Glad to see that the stage expansion has been updated so that's a first step towards 3.5 update!

Oh and regards to the grey character screen, that was a really old one from way back, I need to update that but I'll use the default PM one for the first release until I either find a much better looking one to replace it with or end up trying out my own version if I can, so we'll see how that goes!

kenny77

Smash Rookie
it would be funny yet cute to see hyrule warrior link's dlc outfit as a, well, dlc outfit for your project m lol

Mewtoo22

Smash Rookie
Oh and regards to the grey character screen, that was a really old one from way back, I need to update that but I'll use the default PM one for the first release until I either find a much better looking one to replace it with or end up trying out my own version if I can, so we'll see how that goes!
Mkay, thanks for clearing that up.

Hey, if you end up needing some suggestions for which costumes to include, have you thought of adding Nanobuds' Bulbasaur to Ivysaur's? If I'm not mistaken, there's a non-sizemod version that should link up with Ivy's hitboxes. I know I use it all the time just fine. :o Besides, Ivysaur doesn't have a lot of great costumes on the Vault.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

it would be funny yet cute to see hyrule warrior link's dlc outfit as a, well, dlc outfit for your project m lol
Are you speaking about the Postman DLC? I was playing it yesterday and my God that was halarious yet amazing to use with the Spinner~

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, I did stumble upon this piece of gold that Nanobud is working on:

So I'm looking forward to THAT release~

Mkay, thanks for clearing that up.

Hey, if you end up needing some suggestions for which costumes to include, have you thought of adding Nanobuds' Bulbasaur to Ivysaur's? If I'm not mistaken, there's a non-sizemod version that should link up with Ivy's hitboxes. I know I use it all the time just fine. :o Besides, Ivysaur doesn't have a lot of great costumes on the Vault.
I probably won't use the Bulbasaur costume, mainly becuase it's Bulbasaur and not Ivysaur, would seem really out of place with the announcer calling out Ivysaur and his SFX being Ivysaur in the build if I were going to add that in, sadly there's not many inspired costumes of Ivysaur out there that can be worked on from what I've noticed.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Are you speaking about the Postman DLC? I was playing it yesterday and my God that was halarious yet amazing to use with the Spinner~

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, I did stumble upon this piece of gold that Nanobud is working on:

So I'm looking forward to THAT release~

I probably won't use the Bulbasaur costume, mainly becuase it's Bulbasaur and not Ivysaur, would seem really out of place with the announcer calling out Ivysaur and his SFX being Ivysaur in the build if I were going to add that in, sadly there's not many inspired costumes of Ivysaur out there that can be worked on from what I've noticed.
(coinblock ivy but whatevs)

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I love all of this, but I am wondering if it's possible to still have the sideways red hat pikachu. I really like that alt, and I don't like ash's hat very much. I am guessing that you are waiting for the cbliss update, either way, I can't wait for this!

MagicManNo9

(coinblock ivy but whatevs)
I did point out before how that looks really out of place in what I was aiming for... though if people are going to be like this...

I love all of this, but I am wondering if it's possible to still have the sideways red hat pikachu. I really like that alt, and I don't like ash's hat very much. I am guessing that you are waiting for the cbliss update, either way, I can't wait for this!
I'll be keeping that no worries! The Ash cap thing is a split thing from what I've noticed, 50% like it over one and vise versa, with CBliss I can keep both versions in so I can assure you no worries!

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
I did point out before how that looks really out of place in what I was aiming for... though if people are going to be like this...

I'll be keeping that no worries! The Ash cap thing is a split thing from what I've noticed, 50% like it over one and vise versa, with CBliss I can keep both versions in so I can assure you no worries!

YAASSS mARTH aLL TIME FAV & MAIN OF PM 3.5 LOVE IT LOVE IT LAAAVVEE IT MAN
im currently Occupyed with SM4SH cuz all i do is labb with PM & now doing so with SM4sh gettin readdy for Future Torneys & Such but once ur Build is done PM 3.5 IS MORE OFFICIAL !

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
I agree that coinblock Ivy looks a bit strange and would d just releasing the csp,bp etc. by itself as an optional costume would work fine imo ( Though unless there is incredibly high demand, I wouldn't recommend taking requests, because it'd run you into the ground eventually )

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Will Cyan Lucario still be in?

Also, is there anyway to take the Mega Lucario model from the 3DS Smash and make it an alt costume or Lucario in Project M? I saw some one do with with Pac Man over Sonic and Shulk over like.

MagicManNo9

YAASSS mARTH aLL TIME FAV & MAIN OF PM 3.5 LOVE IT LOVE IT LAAAVVEE IT MAN
im currently Occupyed with SM4SH cuz all i do is labb with PM & now doing so with SM4sh gettin readdy for Future Torneys & Such but once ur Build is done PM 3.5 IS MORE OFFICIAL !
Thanks! It's been a long road but we're almost reaching the release!

Can't handle all the teases, it's pm 3.5 hype all over again.
Thanks! Hope I can live up to the hype! I'll be going all out on this as always!

I agree that coinblock Ivy looks a bit strange and would d just releasing the csp,bp etc. by itself as an optional costume would work fine imo ( Though unless there is incredibly high demand, I wouldn't recommend taking requests, because it'd run you into the ground eventually )
Agreed! I did in fact made a CSP and BP for those that did want to use it in the backlog of one of the pages (Thanking again E.C.H.O. for posting/quoting it!) I don't intend to take requests, like you said a high demand does take it's toll and would slow down my focus towards making the build so I wouldn't want that.

Will Cyan Lucario still be in?

Also, is there anyway to take the Mega Lucario model from the 3DS Smash and make it an alt costume or Lucario in Project M? I saw some one do with with Pac Man over Sonic and Shulk over like.
With the 14 costume limit Cyan Lucario will stay! As for the Mega Lucario Model I'm unsure if someone has done that or not, if someone does however I'll use that model over the current one that's on the vault!

If I ever get back to making costumes/learning to I would totally be okay with trying to implement that Armour onto Link, in either case if someone does 10/10 to them if they can make it work well!

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
ooooh a nanobuds hyrule warrior skin? praise the sun! :D

also just a quick shout out, if anyone capable of yoshi retexturing can help me out, i just made a thread on my current 3.5 woes. feel free to lend a poor plumber a hand! <3

Top Bottom