• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Oh man haha thank you! I just got 3DS max with the student account thing. I already have Gimp so I'll give it a shot when I get home. As for the University thing I'm either going for Art stuff or I'm gonna do basic Programming and I live close to Nintendo's Canadian HQ so might look into jobs there or something. Idk though I will have to figure it out lol. Thanks for the help can't wait for the build to be done!
Oh man that's so lucky living close to Nintendo of Canada! I wish the best of luck in whatever choice you make! Really hope it goes well!

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 (a little bit off topic of what you guys are talking about right now...) Do you the know the Harmony of heroes project? (http://www.harmonyofheroes.net/) It is still a W.I.P. but I think it has great (GREAT) potential... Maybe you could find some interesting songs for your pack when they release it :)
Wow, this is really amazing stuff! I might have to look into this when picking out music! (Really that website is also just 10/10 Style as well)

Speaking of music I've been listening to the Hyrule Warriors OST, whether or not people like the Dynasty Warriors games or not (I still pre-ordered the game with Links Scarf haha), you have to admit:

DIS OST, THIS OST RIGHT HERE IS SOOO GOOOD (It's my work music right now, it might just be me but gets me so pumped pumped!)

Anywho! I look forward to the Harmony of Heroes project!

Are the amazing people at OCRemix working on this? I didn't even know about it!!
Was thinking just this! When I was checking it out! So hyped now!

Hey Codex, I found something rather cool, if you're still costume hunting: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203066
I want to add that in because Robot Ness is actually a canon thing (I really should play earthbound soon) Will add as an optional choice when I get around to Ness!

This would probably be a better alt to use for Ness

Ninten from Project M Unlocked
This is something I was thinking about for a while now, should I do Ninten with the eyes edit? I like the Unlocked one but Ninten doesn't have eyes like that and someone made an edit of it, that if I did eyes it works better in my opinion because it acts as a costume for Ness in a sense (Because we all know Ninten isn't Ness) Just my thoughts on it, what do people think?

Totally agreed.
Everyone Agrees!

There is room for more than one.
I'll be sure to look into all of Ness's costumes but so true! So much room for more than one!

by far the nicest looking character select I've seen. Loving this build​
Thank you! I'm looking forward to when the build finally reaches completion, it's going to be a blast I think!

ChaoticBlitz

Smash Rookie
Speaking of music I've been listening to the Hyrule Warriors OST, whether or not people like the Dynasty Warriors games or not (I still pre-ordered the game with Links Scarf haha), you have to admit:

DIS OST, THIS OST RIGHT HERE IS SOOO GOOOD (It's my work music right now, it might just be me but gets me so pumped pumped!)
Your kidding? THAT'S WHAT LISTEN TO WHEN IM WORKING ON MY CSPS TOO!! THE MUSIC IS JUST AMAZING. Yesterday i got so pumped from this music that i made this,

It's based on one of his poses in his artwork. What do yah think c: ? Im kinda a noob at making CSPs and i used GIMP, so it may not be so good. Give me your opinion :3

MagicManNo9

UPDATE:

Your kidding? THAT'S WHAT LISTEN TO WHEN IM WORKING ON MY CSPS TOO!! THE MUSIC IS JUST AMAZING. Yesterday i got so pumped from this music that i made this,

It's based on one of his poses in his artwork. What do yah think c: ? Im kinda a noob at making CSPs and i used GIMP, so it may not be so good. Give me your opinion :3
Ikr? The music is 10/10 by that team~

I think the CSP looks pretty nice! A tad blurry but I don't use Gimp so I'm not 100% on what I can add to tips and tricks on it! Though I will say it took me many tries to get it just the way I want it~ Trial and error I say and I really like it!

I tell ya man, MK8, KCR, and Kirby Air Ride songs. They're great in smash.
They truly have some 10/10 OST's in them~ So true~

Also, I'll be doing a Pikachu, Ness and Kirby update tommorow, getting late and I spent more time than I should working on:

A request a close friend of mine made, I actually said I do it and I finally did it! (Will release tomorrow as well!)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY'

THATS THE NAME YOU SHOULD KNOW

imo that pikachu hat needs better textures cause it looks kinda plain

MagicManNo9

KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY'

THATS THE NAME YOU SHOULD KNOW

imo that pikachu hat needs better textures cause it looks kinda plain
Bahhh, I'll work on the texture when I wake up! Getting late over here and true true, need to match up to the style I'm aiming for.

I got an idea for the Pikachu, maybe you can recolor the body to resemble the anime Pikachu more.
Ohhh, I think I'll do that with this Ash Hat Pikachu! Was thinking on what else I could have done so thanks for the idea and input!

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Hey..I'm not sure if a fan of your already amazing build has weight has influence of your build, but the Wolf character select screen, IMO shouldn't it be the Brawl one like the other spacies? (im bias because personally i dont like his alternate costume and his newer model looks amazing to me)
If theres any cool costumes for Wolf that would be amazing to see.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
If possible, some Roy alts would be cool.

By the way, do you know if this build we be out before september?

MagicManNo9

Hey..I'm not sure if a fan of your already amazing build has weight has influence of your build, but the Wolf character select screen, IMO shouldn't it be the Brawl one like the other spacies? (im bias because personally i dont like his alternate costume and his newer model looks amazing to me)
If theres any cool costumes for Wolf that would be amazing to see.
I'll try my best for wolf! I plan to find the best costumes for wolf hopefully!

If possible, some Roy alts would be cool.

By the way, do you know if this build we be out before september?
I think I'm going to add a couple a nice ones for Roy I think! In regards to release I'm hoping to get it out mid-way into September, mainly because 3.5 could be coming out any day now and I want to have this released before then.

MagicManNo9

UPDATE:

Here's the Pikachu Section done, I was planning to post this later with everyone else but I felt I should explain a couple of things with Pikachu.

:pikachu2:Pikachu:

- All colors are re-done to match each other, specifically I used the Pirate Pikachu color.
- I didn't pick the Jet Pikachu because Blue goggles Pikachu was already a thing.
- I edited a fedora black because A. people loved that hat in Melee and B. Green Bandanna is a thing and C. I like the black one more.
- I added Sparky because dat hair.
- Edited and added a Female Pikachu with the crown, CSP may not show it but in game female Pikachu has the tail.
- I'll be adding the anime theme colour as an optional pack later on for those that want to keep the colors.

Only thing I'm debating on is the Red Hat v Ash Hat thing, they're basically the same in a sense but we'll see what everyone thinks on that.

Other two ideas I had at the time was Yellow's Pikachu hat and a Raichu re-color, but I'm going to focus on trying to get everything done first because I have a habit of making my own skins when I see the possibility haha.

Last edited:

BravoGangUS

Smash Rookie
I think the Red and Ash hat are too similar to have them both. Honestly I'd prefer the Ash hat.
How about removing one of them and offering the other as an optional download outside the build since you seem to be planning that for a number of things anyway?

Also maybe not enough people would recognize it but maybe add a Richie hat since you have Sparky :p
Could even include the Sparky hair with it if possible

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

I think the Red and Ash hat are too similar to have them both. Honestly I'd prefer the Ash hat.
How about removing one of them and offering the other as an optional download outside the build since you seem to be planning that for a number of things anyway?

Also maybe not enough people would recognize it but maybe add a Richie hat since you have Sparky :p
Could even include the Sparky hair with it if possible
Optional version confirmed in my plans so I shall do that!

Right, I shall do a Richie Hat!

How about you change the colors of the red hat to be pink like how the PKMN trainer is in Brawl?
Right, I shall do a PKMN Trainer version of the Hat!

sparky skin pls

also wheres kirby
Right, I shall do a Kirby version of the Hat!

Yeah just do a raichu skin
Right, I shall do a Raichu version of the hat!

Now to work on those hats- ...Oh wait.

EthralSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Ethral
3DS FC
4768-7597-3482
Optional version confirmed in my plans so I shall do that!

Right, I shall do a Richie Hat!

Right, I shall do a PKMN Trainer version of the Hat!

Right, I shall do a Kirby version of the Hat!

Right, I shall do a Raichu version of the hat!

Now to work on those hats- ...Oh wait.
When did this become team fortress haha

MagicManNo9

that ain't kirby
:kirby2:Kirby:

- I chose Recolors for Kirby because it felt more fitting, I am however going to add a DLC section for Kirby with Game and Watch Kirby, Yarn Kirby and whatever you people think should be added just in case.
- I need to fix up on eyes for consistency.
- I'm still unsure about the White Kirby hmm....

Now I will sleep on this because it took me ages staring and picking out Kirby's around me.

No not a raichu skin hat a raichu skin pikachu lol
Oh whoops, I might consider that and look into it!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Where is the original GameBoy Kirby? Also, some of those skins have odd feet colors...

but yay!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
UPDATE:

Here's the Pikachu Section done, I was planning to post this later with everyone else but I felt I should explain a couple of things with Pikachu.

:pikachu2:Pikachu:

- All colors are re-done to match each other, specifically I used the Pirate Pikachu color.
- I didn't pick the Jet Pikachu because Blue goggles Pikachu was already a thing.
- I edited a fedora black because A. people loved that hat in Melee and B. Green Bandanna is a thing and C. I like the black one more.
- I added Sparky because dat hair.
- Edited and added a Female Pikachu with the crown, CSP may not show it but in game female Pikachu has the tail.
- I'll be adding the anime theme colour as an optional pack later on for those that want to keep the colors.

Only thing I'm debating on is the Red Hat v Ash Hat thing, they're basically the same in a sense but we'll see what everyone thinks on that.

Other two ideas I had at the time was Yellow's Pikachu hat and a Raichu re-color, but I'm going to focus on trying to get everything done first because I have a habit of making my own skins when I see the possibility haha.
I'd keep Red Pikachu just because it's in the game and has been with us since Melee, keep an extra one for anyone that wants to add Ash Pikachu.

But if other people want Ash Pikachu, do it. I'll like it as well. As for Pikachu, I think a shiny recolor would be good. Maybe even make it female just so people can have that to mess with. Hell, make a female pack (naw, not really. That sounds like too much.)

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
This is awesome! What are the stages? As long as Fourside and Fountain of Dreams are in I'm hooked!

MagicManNo9

Where is the original GameBoy Kirby? Also, some of those skins have odd feet colors...

but yay!
Those certainly are odd feet color now I'm staring at them, I shalls work on them I think!

Did codex fall into a coma ?___?
Sorry! And to everyone else! I'm actually away on holiday relaxing, currently at my cousins house using the net, I took the laptop with me so progress won't slow down with the build! Though I may reply late I can assure you it's all good and I'm alive!

not updating for two days is a coma for codex

LOL
PFFFFF, now I think about it if I don't reply after one day I start worrying myself.

Haha he usually updates everyday more than once sometimes
This is indeed true! I prefer to keep updating and replying constantly to show people were I currently stand in my situation and build and in case something were to happen!

I'd keep Red Pikachu just because it's in the game and has been with us since Melee, keep an extra one for anyone that wants to add Ash Pikachu.

But if other people want Ash Pikachu, do it. I'll like it as well. As for Pikachu, I think a shiny recolor would be good. Maybe even make it female just so people can have that to mess with. Hell, make a female pack (naw, not really. That sounds like too much.)
You know, I can't bring myself to take away that Red hat Pikachu, specially with Melee memories, for the time being I'll leave them both in because who knows, in 3.5 there might be a new Pikachu Hat I could use, that or if I have a eureka moment and find a hat that can be used and move the Ash hat to the optional DLC pack.

I actually was considering a Female pack for Pikachu but thinking on it would be time consuming to pull off so I'll hold that onto the after I'm done with the first build release (I have a huge list of things I want to do/experiment with but will hold off til then I think)

Funny you should mention that Shiny Pikachu though, the Red Pikachu before I edited it was actually a shiny Pikachu, which is a red toned Pikachu with the Hat, I may fix it up by doing that or add it as an optional choice.

This is awesome! What are the stages? As long as Fourside and Fountain of Dreams are in I'm hooked!
Fourside and Fountain of Dreams are definitely confirmed to be in this build! And hopefully the ASL will make a huge difference as well when I get around to testing it/making it work.

codex is in a codex coma
"Codex Coma" Actually sounds really cool for some reason, may just be me though.

Codex, are you alive? Codex?! CODEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX!

10/10, That just made my night!

Do you know where I can find the Melee skin for Zelda and Sheik? Thanks in advance!
The ones in this build that you see are actually my own mix between two other textures, I can upload them and PM them for you though? (Reason I haven't uploaded them yet is because I need to contact the original creators and get consent, for every edit, however little I always ask just in case and I'll be doing that a lot towards the end of this builds release)

UPDATE:

Firstly, sorry everyone, it's been 3 days without an update but just to make things long story short, surprise family holiday out of nowhere annnnnnd now I'm away for two weeks, however I shall be still updating and working on the build, you may or may not expect slower replies for me, but just expect me at my normal pace as always.

Speaking of being away for 3 days, here's Ness, Ike and Roy done and updated on the page, I did Roy and Ike before but I wasn't satisfied in the past and I needed to create CSPs for them (In case anyone wondered why characters disappeared from the page a while back... well that's the reason!)

Lemme just go through them with everyone, I always like to explain my reason for picking out costumes:

:ness2: Ness:

Ness took quite a while to do, in terms of editing and organizing things, I made my own Lucas costume for Ness which is funny because I didn't find anyone that has done it yet so I just whipped it up on the spot, I also used the Ninten without the shadows under the eyes simply because it's more fitting and I personally like it more, for Ninja Ness I'm still not 100% sure on but I'll be leaving him there until I find another costume to use.

For the record any costumes I 'replace' in the future will be placed in the to DLC section to give people options when picking out costumes.

:ike: Ike:

I updated the CSP with better shading than the previous one, I also replaced the Brown costume with the Black Knight themed costume because that Black Knight themed costume looks so amazing and I felt it had to be there.

I noticed that Yellow and Black and Gold Ike look similar so I'm going to replace one of them on a later date with a new one, that or may keep them as a placeholder until 3.5's Hector Ike is out.

I also added the Fire Nation Ike costume because of the detail of the texture and colors stood out and looked so nice.

And with that that's my status on Ike, I'm planning to update Chrom Ike at some point with a themed costume, like the Hector Ike but that'll be on hold until after first release I think other than that I believe that's it.

:roypm: Roy:

Updated Roy with a few changes, all of Roy has a Sheath at the back, the fixed version as well in case anyone wonders, I also edited the Sheath to match up with the other costumes like the white, brown and Marth costume.

I used the Fire Nation Roy color for red for the same reason as Ike's Fire Nation costume, because it looks awesome.

I'm also considering to make a theme'd costume for Roy unless the PMBR plans to (I get the feeling they will for some reason) wanted to do one like:

This here is the Eliwood model, however it's using Marth's body hence why I didn't include it or well, it would feel out of place, I may make a model using Roy's body as a basis though but for now I'll wait it out for PM 3.5 before I make that decision.

And that's it for updates for today! I hope a triple meal helps makes up for my disappearance for the last 3 days! I'll be back with more as always! For now though, it's time to sleep.

Top Bottom