• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
So hyped! It looks so good!
Thanks! Glad you like it!

I love Excalibur Sonic, he may be the only reason I play as Sonic.
That costume is so amazing in so many ways I had to include it, it's perfect~

UPDATE:

Toon link is finally updated with the new placeholder costumes, I also touched up on the hair so all of them match, I hope people like this update cause it took me the rest of the night to work on~

:toonlink: Toon Link:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

UPDATE:

Toon link is finally updated with the new placeholder costumes, I also touched up on the hair so all of them match, I hope people like this update cause it took me the rest of the night to work on~

I HATE THIS UPDATE WOW UGH EW WTF

Just kidding! It looks really great, haha. I'm really digging the new hair.

MagicManNo9

I HATE THIS UPDATE WOW UGH EW WTF

Just kidding! It looks really great, haha. I'm really digging the new hair.
Pfffffffff, thanks man! Yeah, I really liked the vibrant hair on Toon Link and it fits so well in game when I was testing it earlier!

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
Wow you moved pretty fast in a short period last I checked up. Everything is looking good!
Really like your CSPs, now I want to go and try and make my own now.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Is there a demo for this pack? Because right now it's my favorite pack out there and it's not even complete.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
First off, those sonic alts are 10/10, I stayed up last night waiting for Art Tuesdays and the PMBR never fails to deliver awsomes, will have to rethink some things for sonic alts now, dem Kirby's as well and DK's, loving it~

At first I didn't think much on it but then I realised that the PMBR team will probably make them team colors, similar to Link/Fox/Falco's melee costumes so hmmmmmmm, that'll be something to think on.

Let's see who to take out, luckily it's only two costumes I need to pick from haha.
It came down to the last three costumes, I would rather have conductor link instead of the last two.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

UPDATE:

I will miss Minish Cap Link. Farewell old friend...

Mr.GamBit

Smash Rookie
Add me to the waiting list! Your work hits the spot for me. No weird character swaps or lazy textures. It's all about quality and it shows :). Good show old boy.

Regarding Toon Link, I'd rather have Minish Cap and NES Link than the Outset recolors. They're more unique. I understand why you would add the upcoming P:M recolors though, especially the Sonic ones. If you ask me though, this is your build and it rocks because of the content that isn't in vanilla P:M.

EthralSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Ethral
3DS FC
4768-7597-3482
Awesome build! Looking forward to seeing more I'm gonna follow the post until its finished I'm also making my own build currently because we host tournaments at the school I go to might just have to use this one when its finished!
Also if you are looking for a ZeroSuitSamus skin heres a good one https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwa3t6aq9iq5nhe/SJS ZSS Ver. 2.zip comes with CSP and BP and if you need a CSS like the ones you currently have I have one I could put on my Dropbox for you.

Last edited:

Infamousrapid

Smash Rookie
Well actually Codex could add that costume back in if he expands Toon Link character slots to 11 using M2K's cBliss Tool (that being the costume slot cap for Toon Link atm). Would be nice to see that costume since it's just one of a kind and I feel this build wouldn't be the same without it haha.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

I like how you perfectly quoted what I was thinking there.

Wow you moved pretty fast in a short period last I checked up. Everything is looking good!
Really like your CSPs, now I want to go and try and make my own now.
Ohhhh you should try it! Will say creating CSP's are very time consuming and each character and costume can vary but once you get the swing of things it's actually really fun and satisfying with the end result!

Kabiibii

Kribbers

Is there a demo for this pack? Because right now it's my favorite pack out there and it's not even complete.
I'm really glad you're loving the pack so far! I can't really release a demo because I need to pick out all of the costumes and whatnot, but hearing that motivates me more and more to making the release one day sooner!

There is not a beta, it will take some time for it to be completed, but it will be worth the wait.
^ This so much, I certainly hope it will be worth the wait and lives up to the expectations people are hoping for!

yeah codex actually completes characters quite fast
I try to be as fast as possible with characters, they can take a LONG time to do when I take into account CSP, texture editing/matching, even some inspire my own costume ideas to work on (I'm working on a few in case anyone wonders but that'll be something I plan to release after the build, there are going to be some really amazing suprises I can tell you that) but looking at the end result makes my day and it's all worth it.

It came down to the last three costumes, I would rather have conductor link instead of the last two.
Yeah, I notice people love the conductor costume so I kept that one.

You can put it back in when the build gets released if you want. Ask Codex to make a CSP for it, I'm sure he's gonna give you one.
So true, I make a few extra CSP's for when I released the final build, like DLC optional add-ons people can pick and mix if they aren't happy with the release, I'll be sure to work more on CSP's as I progress.

I knew it! I'm not the only one who misses that costume!

Add me to the waiting list! Your work hits the spot for me. No weird character swaps or lazy textures. It's all about quality and it shows :). Good show old boy.

Regarding Toon Link, I'd rather have Minish Cap and NES Link than the Outset recolors. They're more unique. I understand why you would add the upcoming P:M recolors though, especially the Sonic ones. If you ask me though, this is your build and it rocks because of the content that isn't in vanilla P:M.
Why thanking you good sir! Really glad to hear that!

About Toon Link, I actually had that exact mindset you just pointed out with the outset colors! The other two certainly are more unique and I was just going to keep the normal build, however when I was about to ignore the idea of using the outset colors, I realised that PM 3.5 will have those costumes BUT will have then as additional team colors, which lead to the dilemma of if I do keep the minish cap and Nes version they would be different colours, I might add the outset costumes as what I mentioned before as 'DLC optional add-ons' maybe? Giving people the option to decide what to pick with Toon Link and such.

Awesome build! Looking forward to seeing more I'm gonna follow the post until its finished I'm also making my own build currently because we host tournaments at the school I go to might just have to use this one when its finished!
Also if you are looking for a ZeroSuitSamus skin heres a good one https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwa3t6aq9iq5nhe/SJS ZSS Ver. 2.zip comes with CSP and BP and if you need a CSS like the ones you currently have I have one I could put on my Dropbox for you.
Ohoho, first off thank you for the support! Also glorious avatar if I might add! Secondly I was actually going to use that SJS ZSS version! Because the one SJS made is fantastic! I'm actually working on a CSP and BP just for ZZS funny enough so thank you so much! Also hearing that people might use this at a tourney gets me pumped up to work on it harder!

Well actually Codex could add that costume back in if he expands Toon Link character slots to 11 using M2K's cBliss Tool (that being the costume slot cap for Toon Link atm). Would be nice to see that costume since it's just one of a kind and I feel this build wouldn't be the same without it haha.
Oh wow, I wasn't aware that Toon Link had 11 costume slots, will definitely try and get that working and will add that in! (Been ages since I last used CBliss, if I remember correctly it was the very first thing I did wayyyy before I even considered the build, fingers crossed I don't break it (Luckily I have 5 backups in case something really bad were to occur haha) And you know what, you're exactly right, it won't feel right without the Minish Cap so I'm adding that and Nes Link back! Will be adding Outset Green and Red as a DLC add-on and will figure a solution to the whole PM 3.5 Toon Link team colors when the time comes!

Optional Costumes (When the build is out you can DL these next to the build to pick and mix til your heart is content!

Also edited Minish Link to match the other Toon Links!

I also just want to say thanks to everyone for the support! I know I say that to everyone that gives me support but I just wanted to do a shoutout because it's makes my day reading these comments and it means a lot of me! It's more or less what keeps me going towards this build with more and more passion and I just want to say thanks all!

Last edited:

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into the build, Toon Link (everything really) is looking awesome!
Maybe in the future you could do a 'Create your custom build' type of thing, giving people to oportunity to choose what they want from all the things that you've done :) (it sounds like too much work though :p) ... or simply make some DLC packs hahaha.

As always, and quoting almost everyone on this thread, excellent work! Keep going!

MagicManNo9

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into the build, Toon Link (everything really) is looking awesome!
Maybe in the future you could do a 'Create your custom build' type of thing, giving people to oportunity to choose what they want from all the things that you've done :) (it sounds like too much work though :p) ... or simply make some DLC packs hahaha.

As always, and quoting almost everyone on this thread, excellent work! Keep going!
Thanks as always shadowcontroller! I shalls be working hard for the next week and so with all this free time at hand!

Funny you should mention that 'Create your custom build' thing, because it's actually part of the plans, well, the plans for waayyyy after I finish the build considering how long it would take to develop a system like that (Not impossible though! But insanely time consuming I imagine!) But will defiantly be releasing DLC packs and whatnot when the final release is underway~

:peach: Speaking of which, I hope people are hyped for Peach because I'm working on a few things, here's one of the two costumes I'm working on right now:

Well actually that one is pretty much done but some minor tweekings are needed here and there, but do expect it released later tonight, will also have a more vibrant version to go with her to match closer to the original~

EDIT:

Here's the vibrant version, not a huge difference but the first one I made was to keep the palette to match up close to the brawl look, this other one is more 'red' to keep close to the original sprite of peach.

And a tad bit more vibrant than the other one, if anyone wonders I'll be using the first one for the build~

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
For the Daisy costume, may I suggest that you could try to change the dress to resemble Daisy more? Maybe even just take one of the Brawl styled Daisy mods, remove Daisy's head, and replace it with Peach's head.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Your Marth CSPs.... Wow...

I'm working on my own custom build so I won't be using this but I'm definitely gonna be stealing using some of the stuff with your permission of course. Mainly those Marth portraits since he's my fav character by far. Kind of surprised you didn't add Lucina given your avatar.

I have two questions...

1: May I use the Marth CSPs?

2: How did you add Arena Ferox? It goes over Castle Siege and I would think that because the PMDT messed with Siege, it wouldn't work. Because of that, I never tried to use the stage. Did you just put it over Castle Siege?

MagicManNo9

For the Daisy costume, may I suggest that you could try to change the dress to resemble Daisy more? Maybe even just take one of the Brawl styled Daisy mods, remove Daisy's head, and replace it with Peach's head.
That's a pretty good idea, right now I'm going to get the list of Peach sorted out and will work on the idea of daisy's costume I think!

Your Marth CSPs.... Wow...

I'm working on my own custom build so I won't be using this but I'm definitely gonna be stealing using some of the stuff with your permission of course. Mainly those Marth portraits since he's my fav character by far. Kind of surprised you didn't add Lucina given your avatar.

I have two questions...

1: May I use the Marth CSPs?

2: How did you add Arena Ferox? It goes over Castle Siege and I would think that because the PMDT messed with Siege, it wouldn't work. Because of that, I never tried to use the stage. Did you just put it over Castle Siege?
Ahhh, I'm a huge Lucina fan in the game but placing her in would be out of place because she'd be another costume or a replacement for roy all together, but for now I'm aiming to get the main build out first which is why the thought hasn't crossed my mind yet haha.

Anywho as for the questions:

1. Oh by all means! Go right ahead and use them!

2. I used a stage expansion slot for Arena Ferox, mainly because I wanted to keep both stages in, never tried placing the stage over Castle Siege so I wouldn't know the result I'm afraid, have you tried using the module .rel? converter, though I didn't have to because of the stage expansion so I'm not 100% sure how to help that problem, all I can really say is try and place it into another stage perhaps?

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Thanks as always shadowcontroller! I shalls be working hard for the next week and so with all this free time at hand!

Funny you should mention that 'Create your custom build' thing, because it's actually part of the plans, well, the plans for waayyyy after I finish the build considering how long it would take to develop a system like that (Not impossible though! But insanely time consuming I imagine!) But will defiantly be releasing DLC packs and whatnot when the final release is underway~

:peach: Speaking of which, I hope people are hyped for Peach because I'm working on a few things, here's one of the two costumes I'm working on right now:

Well actually that one is pretty much done but some minor tweekings are needed here and there, but do expect it released later tonight, will also have a more vibrant version to go with her to match closer to the original~

EDIT:

Here's the vibrant version, not a huge difference but the first one I made was to keep the palette to match up close to the brawl look, this other one is more 'red' to keep close to the original sprite of peach.

And a tad bit more vibrant than the other one, if anyone wonders I'll be using the first one for the build~
Not only is your build looking extremely fun, but you are also quite talented, not to mention a really cool dude in general.

If I seem like I'm kissing your ass, I'm sorry. Whenever I see someone nice around these parts I just have this need to compliment them. Great job, Codex. I can't wait to see the full build and I can't wait to share it with all of buddies.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Ahhh, I'm a huge Lucina fan in the game but placing her in would be out of place because she'd be another costume or a replacement for roy all together, but for now I'm aiming to get the main build out first which is why the thought hasn't crossed my mind yet haha.

Anywho as for the questions:

1. Oh by all means! Go right ahead and use them!

2. I used a stage expansion slot for Arena Ferox, mainly because I wanted to keep both stages in, never tried placing the stage over Castle Siege so I wouldn't know the result I'm afraid, have you tried using the module .rel? converter, though I didn't have to because of the stage expansion so I'm not 100% sure how to help that problem, all I can really say is try and place it into another stage perhaps?
I'm a pretty big Lucina fan too :D Though Tharja > Lucina imo. If only you could have multiple wives <__<

1: Well I'll help myself.

2: I see. I'll try to replace regular Castle Siege with Arena Ferox. If that doesn't work, I'll use one of my stage expansion slots. I seriously didn't know you could do that since I though Ferox needed Siege's codes or something.

Thanks for the info and the portraits!

MagicManNo9

I'm a pretty big Lucina fan too :D Though Tharja > Lucina imo. If only you could have multiple wives <__<

1: Well I'll help myself.

2: I see. I'll try to replace regular Castle Siege with Arena Ferox. If that doesn't work, I'll use one of my stage expansion slots. I seriously didn't know you could do that since I though Ferox needed Siege's codes or something.

Thanks for the info and the portraits!
Ohhhhh, on my first ever play through on awakening I actually thought you could have multiple wives, or well, I kept re-doing level after level thinking I can achieve another S rank on Tharja (Who by the way is just as amazing in my book~) after I chose Lucina it was until I maxed out Tharja's and Robin's level and went "Oh Yeah..." that was a good moment.

Lemme know how it goes with the stage! Some stages require .rel files but I can't remember if I used any for that stage, don't belive I did though!

Not only is your build looking extremely fun, but you are also quite talented, not to mention a really cool dude in general.

If I seem like I'm kissing your ***, I'm sorry. Whenever I see someone nice around these parts I just have this need to compliment them. Great job, Codex. I can't wait to see the full build and I can't wait to share it with all of buddies.
You don't know how much that means to me man! I am truly glad I started working on this build and to hear from good people like yourself! Having so much fun working on this more and more! And will do my best!

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Hmm, if you don't mind, can you give me the Marth BPs?

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Thanks a lot!

Now to go see if Arena Ferox worked.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Here's a question that might have been asked: What are you going to do if 3.5 adds any new characters? Does that mean you have to start all over?

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
I don't think so, adding a character does not mess with other characters structures. If they modify a character's specific move, some effect hacks will not work. but textures will remain unaffected.

MagicManNo9

Thanks a lot!

Now to go see if Arena Ferox worked.
No problem! I hope it goes well!

Here's a question that might have been asked: What are you going to do if 3.5 adds any new characters? Does that mean you have to start all over?
That's a very good question because I was actually thinking on this earlier funny enough, and based on what I know from a few older builds that were released in the past, we all possible would need to start all over because 3.5 will have major changes with additional game modes like (all stars battle mode), edits, changes to the roster and the main reason I believe will be the code overall will be fresh.

In that situation we have to wait for the stage expansion to be updated for 3.5, same with CBliss because of the new character from my understanding.

I'm just speculating though haha so I could be completely wrong, back with 3.0 it was a huge leap from it's previous version and 3.5 might just be overall gameplay changes plus a possible new addition so it wouldn't be too difficult to work with for the build.

Ohhh if you mean would I need to re-do cotumes and CSP's and whatnot, and by the time that's out my build will have all the resources ready to implement like costumes and character CSPs etc, so re-implementing them shouldn't be a problem (I hope!)

I don't think so, adding a character does not mess with other characters structures. If they modify a character's specific move, some effect hacks will not work. but textures will remain unaffected.
^ This in regards to textures and costumes, unless I'm using a mod that affects a character's move etc, everything should be A-okay I belive as the textures aren't affected.

:peach: UPDATE:

Also done my second costume for this peachy night:

:
I remember people talking about the idea of a themed Pauline costume for Peach and so led to my attempt to capture that "essence" of Pauline whilst maintaining Peaches appearance, I hope people like what I did with this.
Facial details was pretty tricky yet simple once I got it all down on paper, used a red lipstick and a lighter purple for the eyes, as well as removing the crown and frills around her neck.
I couldn't really do much in terms of editing the skirt because of the way peach moves, however I did lower the skirt enough so you can see the shoes, to match up with the NES Donkey Kong style Pauline.

Now to answer two questions I have a feeling people might ask:

1. Why not just do a plain red dress? I actually did but the end result was her looking exactly like her red costume, so I added in the black because of her black shoes, I think it came out nicely but I want to hear from everyone on this!

2. How about rips at the end of her skirt? Like the one in the picture? I did originally do that but it came out really ugly, specially if I'm just editing the texture and not the 3D model itself (Basically it looks so much better if I were to edit the rips on the dress on the model than the texture, hard to explain but the outlines on the empty parts will show if I did.)

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
No problem! I hope it goes well!

That's a very good question because I was actually thinking on this earlier funny enough, and based on what I know from a few older builds that were released in the past, we all possible would need to start all over because 3.5 will have major changes with additional game modes like (all stars battle mode), edits, changes to the roster and the main reason I believe will be the code overall will be fresh.

In that situation we have to wait for the stage expansion to be updated for 3.5, same with CBliss because of the new character from my understanding.

I'm just speculating though haha so I could be completely wrong, back with 3.0 it was a huge leap from it's previous version and 3.5 might just be overall gameplay changes plus a possible new addition so it wouldn't be too difficult to work with for the build.

Ohhh if you mean would I need to re-do cotumes and CSP's and whatnot, and by the time that's out my build will have all the resources ready to implement like costumes and character CSPs etc, so re-implementing them shouldn't be a problem (I hope!)

^ This in regards to textures and costumes, unless I'm using a mod that affects a character's move etc, everything should be A-okay I belive as the textures aren't affected.

:peach: UPDATE:

Also done my second costume for this peachy night:

:
I remember people talking about the idea of a themed Pauline costume for Peach and so led to my attempt to capture that "essence" of Pauline whilst maintaining Peaches appearance, I hope people like what I did with this.
Facial details was pretty tricky yet simple once I got it all down on paper, used a red lipstick and a lighter purple for the eyes, as well as removing the crown and frills around her neck.
I couldn't really do much in terms of editing the skirt because of the way peach moves, however I did lower the skirt enough so you can see the shoes, to match up with the NES Donkey Kong style Pauline.

Now to answer two questions I have a feeling people might ask:

1. Why not just do a plain red dress? I actually did but the end result was her looking exactly like her red costume, so I added in the black because of her black shoes, I think it came out nicely but I want to hear from everyone on this!

2. How about rips at the end of her skirt? Like the one in the picture? I did originally do that but it came out really ugly, specially if I'm just editing the texture and not the 3D model itself (Basically it looks so much better if I were to edit the rips on the dress on the model than the texture, hard to explain but the outlines on the empty parts will show if I did.)
Why not get rid of the puffs in her arms to make her feel more like an alternative costume?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Ahh, because:

There's nothing underneath the puffs in her arms unless I add it in (On my 3D model list for later on though)
Sneaky... Alright, that seems problematic. Probably put it on a post release to do list when bored kind of deal. The texture looks great at least.

MagicManNo9

Sneaky... Alright, that seems problematic. Probably put it on a post release to do list when bored kind of deal. The texture looks great at least.
Yeah, it's also an issue when it comes to Sunshine peach as well, if anyone knows of any good peach models where the arm is fully edited I would be grateful!

If there isn't, I shall have a go at it myself, which will be fun either way!

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
You could use one of the Rosalina or Biker Peach models found on BrawlVault, But you will certainly have some extra work if you use them.

Top Bottom