• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Championship Circuit Announced!

An extraordinary undertaking has been announced today: The Project M Championship Circuit. Brought to the community by the fine folks behind PMTV and PM Underground, this tournament series is set to take place across the United States and Canada and currently boasts 11 qualifiers for the Grand Finale. These qualifiers include:
  • Frozen Phoenix - Hamilton, Ontario (March 12-13) $1000 Pot Bonus
  • SuperNova - New York, New York (April 16th) $1000 Pot Bonus
  • The Big Balc - Placentia, California (May 28th - 29th)
  • Smash N' Splash - Gurnee, Illinois (June 12th 13th)
  • EVO 2016 Side Bracket - Las Vegas, Nevada (July 15th - 16th)
  • Nexus - Omaha, Nebraska (July 23rd - 24th) $1000 Pot Bonus
  • Salty Juans 3 - Albuquerque, New Mexico (August 6th - 7th)
  • ARLO 3 - Moore, Oklahoma (August 20th - 21st)
  • Blacklisted 2 - Massachusetts (Date Not Yet Announced)
  • Tipped Off 12 - Georgia (Date Not Yet Announced)
  • The Common Wealth - Norfolk, Virginia (September 17th - 18th)
Plus, there is the still mysterious Grand Finale. According to the official announcement: "The details of this event are still in the process of being finalized. It will likely occur sometime in October or November. We are collaborating with Hitbox to make this the event of the year!" Those players that receive the most qualifier points will receive cash prizes and priority seeding for the event!

Plans are currently underway to increase the prestige of the events with a Circuit Pot that will be donated to by fans, and more details can be found on the official announcement. Excited to see the Project M Championship Circuit come to life? Tell us in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future updates.

Comments

To everyone who was insisting PM would die:

HAAAH

All jokes aside, I'm stoked to see this happening. I was already planning on going to Smash N' Splash for PM, but now I HAVE to. Props to the people putting this together and keeping the dream alive

LETS GO. I have missed watching PM so much, and I am beyond glad that it is not entirely dead! Let's just hope Nintendo doesn't interfere.

Cool! This should do well for PM's longevity. Looking forward to seeing these events! Just make sure they actually make it to YouTube.

Unfortunately, we were unable to support Europe this time around. Hopefully the Circuit will be very successful and we can expand it next year to include more regions like Europe!

This looks fun, but I live in texas
ARLO is not too far away from you, and Salty Juans might be within easy reach as well. Sorry we don't have anything in Texas proper!

Edit: Correction, we will have Low Tier City 4 on the Circuit. This should be reflected in the official announcement shortly.

Last edited:
theres maybe around 12-15 streams that have weeklies and upload there tournament videos to youtubem its great theres loads of content for this beautiful game
We have ePeen gaming here in seattle, they host a weekly PM tourney with a sm4sh and melee biweekly.

Last edited:
Spite the game being (done) or (dead) the tournaments will live on and the game will continue to be played throughout the future.

Although I myself only dabble with P:M, it's great to see that the community is still doing well. Might just have to head up to Georgia for Tipped Off.

wutadisaster wutadisaster

I am not for sure but it probably will only be streamed on Hitbox since Twitch kinda hates us. The matches will be uploaded to Youtube, I am pretty sure of that.

Anyone who thought Project M died really wasn't paying attention. The subreddit is still active, and there are a whole bunch of streaming organizations doing their thing on Hitbox (which allows them to have subscribers, unlike Twitch). Just cos we haven't been much in the public eye doesn't mean we haven't still been around.

That said, I'm kind of surprised it's able to be present at EVO at all, assuming there'll be some type of Nintendo sponsorship presence there. I wonder if there'll be a recording or streaming setup at the side event.

I love seeing anything Project M and how the community steps up and keeps the game alive. It's honestly my favorite out of all the Smash games.

Top Bottom