• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M can't launch

WitherStar123

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to get project M working on my hackless Wii U and it works until the launcher. When I press play on the PM launcher, it appears Brawl launches, since the background and title is the default Brawl's. But when I check the character slots, there are 2 Warios and Pokemon Trainer along with his Pokemon, but no Roy or Mewtwo. When I hover over Wario, the game freezes. I tried redownloading the files into my SD card but it still doesn't work. Has anyone experienced this?

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
First, try Formatting your SD card settings to FAT32 with 4096bytes & have the "Quick Format" box selected. After that, try reinstalling PM to your card, which should now be completely empty, making sure that the little switch on the side of the SD card is SLID ALL THE WAY UP in the UNLOCKED position (Very Important step). After it re-installs, put it back into the Wii U, making sure that the side switch is still SLID ALL THE WAY UP, and then see what happens.

This is a pretty common issue I see people have with PM on regular Wii, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for Wii U too. Let me know if this helps you. Good Luck.

Oh, and just in case ur interested, I just released an alternative build for people using vanilla 3.6 and It's sooooo much better. Still fits on a 2gb SD and is compatible online with vanilla 3.6 users (Online only with homebrew tho). Installs the same way as regular PM. See my page for further details and share it with ur friends if u like. Smashboards Page Link: http://bit.ly/2kQ7o0V

Last edited:
Top Bottom