• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project:M C-stick

hussaibi

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=5135]Project:M C-stick[/drupal]

So, I started playing the demo after a long break from it.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but more short hop attacks come out when you don't use the C stick for fairs and dairs.
A friend of mine also noticed this in the past, but at that time we both put it off as landing-on-your-feet.
I don't think this has to do with landing-on-your-feet anymore.

This was particularly noticeable for Ganon (heavy but not a fast-faller), so I decided to test out my theory. I played a special match with only
the slowdown rule on. I noticed a difference, but I played for thirty minutes just to make sure it wasn't me being
clumsy. I tried looking this up in the P:M boards, but couldn't find anything on it.

Personally, I don't think this is a new issue. I've notice some of the P:M gameplay on youtube
with surprisingly well executed short hop fairs and dairs. They must be actively accommodating
for this C-stick based "initialization-lag".

Since Demo 2 is out in ~2-3 days, I'll be trying this out again, but with other heavy hitters.
Hopefully, this isn't me being paranoid where my thumbs are trolling on reaction. If it's still
there, I'll try posting something more detailed on the P:M boards.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If you're using the analog stick and a, its just because you're able to input the move faster than with the c stick

:phone:

TL?

Smash Ace
If I remember correctly, P:M has 0 input buffer, from Brawl's 10 frames. Also remember that characters have a few initial jump frames (2-5). Aerials input during this time don't come out if there is no buffer. I'm not big on P:M though so don't quote me on this. This could be your problem though if I'm understanding you right.

hussaibi

Smash Rookie
If I remember correctly, P:M has 0 input buffer, from Brawl's 10 frames. Also remember that characters have a few initial jump frames (2-5). Aerials input during this time don't come out if there is no buffer. I'm not big on P:M though so don't quote me on this. This could be your problem though if I'm understanding you right.
Ah, a lack of buffering would definitely explain my short hop f/dairs not coming out.
In 5 minutes, I find out what the new demo is like : )

Top Bottom