• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M bringing me to WII Menu HOMEBREW P:M 3.5-3.6

JadedInsomniac86

Smash Rookie
HELP PLEASE!!!
I'm using the homebrew method for project M with a 16gb USB and everytime I press play on the project M startup screen it goes black and then flashes the channels and then goes to the homescreen wii menu, i am gonna kms help please
I NEED PM BY TONIGHT

SporkSlinger

Smash Rookie
You never know so ill try to help. Do you have any memory cards in? is this the updated 3.6 version that is now on the site. (I use a 2gb sd card and it works fine) try doing it a few times in a row, sometimes you just gotta work on it awhile. Is the flash drive formatted correctly?

Last edited:

JadedInsomniac86

Smash Rookie
You never know so ill try to help. Do you have any memory cards in? is this the updated 3.6 version that is now on the site. (I use a 2gb sd card and it works fine) try doing it a few times in a row, sometimes you just gotta work on it awhile. Is the flash drive formatted correctly?
I've tried using both version 3.5 and 3.6 multiple times and it does the same thing but i haven't formatted the usb in FAT or FAT32 now that i think of it... I'll try it

D

Deleted member

palkjdflkjDfadlkadfadf

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

palkjdflkjDfad

Last edited by a moderator:

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
It also helps to have the disk in the Wii. Apparently backup copies via USB will not do the trick.

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
What settings do I need for USB loader GX for brawl? I played with it a little but couldn't figure it out.
I did not try the homebrew loader for Project M though.

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
Wow it worked! I'm still using the hackless version too! What does hook type mean and why does ocorina have to be enabled? I've never messed with hook type before and it loaded the game right to Project M surprisingly.

Narpas_sword

Ocarina is the cheat code loader. Hooktype I guess is a tool that loads the code. I just know to set it to axnextframe. You want to use the homebrew build not hackless. And Yea, it boots straight to pm. No launcher or stage builder needed

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
Why does it matter what version of the launcher I use if it worked for me? Everything seemed to work as Normal. Thank you for the help though! Always learning stuff about the Wii/homebrew. Do you know anything about forcing non-480p games to 480p? I can't seem to get that to ever work in usb loader.

Narpas_sword

Because the hackless folders and the homebrew folders are in a different structure and you may run into issues. Tbh I wouldn't even expect hackless to launch.

No idea on your 480p issue.

Top Bottom