• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesdays: Shogun Dedede

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
This week for Project M Art Tuesdays, the Project Melee Back Room is showing off yet another new costume that will appear in the upcoming Project M v3.5. This week's costume is inspired by the Kirby Super Star Quick Draw minigame: it belongs to none other than Shogun Dedede! While he retains some of his trademark Dedede fashion with his gloves and hat, many changes have been made to this big bruiser.

Note the tabi on the feet, and the traditional hair tie!

Even his robe...

...and his hammer have been changed!

Especially during his Down-B attack, Jet Hammer.

With this new costume, King Dedede is looking more regal than ever. What do you think of the new duds? Who do you expect to see next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is digging the shoes. Talk Project M with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Looks like I have a new main.
Again.
EDIT: And he better be KING Dedede!!
DO YOU HEAR ME PMBR?!?!
DOBULE EDIT: AND NOW I NEED QUICKDRAW METAKNIGHT!!
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK!

Last edited:

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
So good! This and the Squirtle costume makes me think the pm art team is stepping it up.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Looks great! Though I will admit, with my first glance of the pic I thought he was wearing a bathrobe.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Oooooooooooooooh my hotness. Jeremy my friend if you're reading this and / or seeing this, ARE YOU HYPED?!?!?!?!

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
All aboard the 3.5 HYPE TRAIN!!!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Where's Justin Bailey ZSS with sexy 80's wild hair?

Defile

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm gonna get hate for saying what I'm about to say, but seriously; this is the worst-looking alternate costume the PMBR has made so far.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I know I'm gonna get hate for saying what I'm about to say, but seriously; this is the worst-looking alternate costume the PMBR has made so far.
I'm not sure you're understanding the difference between 'looking bad' and 'you not liking the design.' Nothing about it looks unprofessional or awkward.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
How about something not japanese related..... Yawn ... Sorry but not digging it

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The golden dragon fireworks hammer idea is pretty interesting.

I really don't care for how badly the red clashes with everything else, though. Should have made the red another color. A lot of care went into the details, but leaving the red to clash with the rest of him so badly makes the whole thing look unfinished.

Also, why is his top knot black? He has blue feathers. It just adds to the sense that the people who made this know more about modelling than artistic design.

Most of the other costumes were exciting, but this one does nothing for me. I hope they revise it a bit.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace

I really don't care for how badly the red clashes with everything else, though. Should have made the red another color. A lot of care went into the details, but leaving the red to clash with the rest of him so badly makes the whole thing look unfinished.

Also, why is his top knot black? He has blue feathers. It just adds to the sense that the people who made this know more about modelling than artistic design.

Most of the other costumes were exciting, but this one does nothing for me. I hope they revise it a bit.
It's based off an actual costume he has, and the colors are the same. Don't blame PMBR.

D

Deleted member

First of all, the top knot is supposed to look like hair, not feathers. Samurais, being Japanese, had black hair.

Second of all, just because you don't like something doesn't mean the people who made it know nothing about artistic design. I'm willing to bet they know more about artistic design and have put more thought into the costumes than you.

Third of all, the PMBR didn't come up with the design for this costume themselves. It's based off of one of Dedede's appearances in the Kirby games. Do a little research before you act like you know things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm not a fan of the eyebrows, but I love this costume otherwise. Sakurai, take note.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Awesome costume, love the inspiration and that hammer! May make me play as the king as the king more often.

Xyn

Smash Cadet
Dark Meta Knight - Sliced Eye
Hector Ike - Fire Emblem Character
Shinobi Squrtel - Ninja
Shogun Dedede - Samurai

Slices everything up, fast as a Ninja, fights like a samurai, Fire Emblem

Lyn confirmed!

Narpas_sword

I think that characters having not only main costumes from their game, but giving them martial art style clothing is awesome.

Tis a fighting game after all.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
First of all, the top knot is supposed to look like hair, not feathers. Samurais, being Japanese, had black hair.

Second of all, just because you don't like something doesn't mean the people who made it know nothing about artistic design. I'm willing to bet they know more about artistic design and have put more thought into the costumes than you.

Third of all, the PMBR didn't come up with the design for this costume themselves. It's based off of one of Dedede's appearances in the Kirby games. Do a little research before you act like you know things.
idk even it if is technically official, I feel like this still definitely needs some touch ups.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure you're understanding the difference between 'looking bad' and 'you not liking the design.' Nothing about it looks unprofessional or awkward.
Personally i dont understand the detail of the eyebrawls, specially when they cover part of the eyes and part of the cap. I would like to know where comes that from. Besides that, the costume is perfect.

Top Bottom