• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PROJECT M ALL STARS BETA 1.0 RELEASED!

VGP| WyRE

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, WyRE here. I made a thread on the PM subreddit a week or two ago about taking all of the most broken characters in PM's history and putting them in one game. Thanks to everyone on this sub, I managed to put together every single character's best iteration into one game.

EDIT:

What's up guys, after a long night of trying to get the MediaFire files to work, I'm proud to announce that PM All Stars is officially a thing! This is a community project, and I'm super grateful you guys helped make this a thing. You guys discussed this and I put in the versions of your mains you wanted back the most. Overall, this was an extremely fun project for me, and it is nowhere near done. My next step is to buff and break characters like Pikachu, Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Peach, and improve the rest of the cast. I am open to any and all suggestions. I believe that PM is funnest when everyone is god-tier, and so I'm looking to make an alternate version where nerfs don't exist and the buffs keep coming. Hopefully you guys have a blast with this version, it really is fun to play with the broken characters of the past all in one game. So who is strongest? 2.1 Ike and Lucario? 2.5 Sonic or DK? 2.6 Ivysaur, Lucas, or Ness? 3.02 Mewtwo, Pit, or Mario?

It's all here! Thanks for everything guys, and look forward to the next release of this project. It will be much more polished, with a new look and new feel next time you see this. This will be a great PM mod in the future, and this little easy switch is just the beginning.

INTRODUCING (FOR REAL THIS TIME): PROJECT M: ALL STARS!!!!

Instructions: This follows the Hackless model. Just download the zip file, extract the contents, and put it on a 2 gigabyte or less SD card and launch PM through the stage builder exploit. I tested it, it does in fact work this time. If it doesn't work the first time, try unplugging the Wii and do it again. PM doesn't always load 100% of the time, so its normal. Enjoy!

Official Roster:

MARIO...............................................ver. 3.01

LUIGI...............................................ver. 3.5

YOSHI...............................................ver. 3.02

DONKEY KONG.........................................ver. 2.5

LINK................................................ver. 3.02

SAMUS...............................................ver. 3.02

FOX.................................................ver. 3.02

KIRBY...............................................ver. 3.02

PIKACHU.............................................ver. 3.02

CAPTAIN FALCON.....................................ver. 3.02

JIGGLYPUFF.........................................ver. 3.6

NESS...............................................ver. 2.6

PEACH..............................................ver. 3.02

BOWSER.............................................ver. 2.6b

ZELDA..............................................ver. 2.6b

SHEIK..............................................ver. 3.5

GANONDORF..........................................ver. 3.5

FALCO..............................................ver. 2.1

MEWTWO.............................................ver. 3.02

ICE CLIMBERS.......................................ver. 3.6

MR. GAME & WATCH...................................ver. 2.6

MARTH..............................................ver. 3.02

ROY................................................ver. 3.5

WARIO..............................................ver. 2.5

DIDDY KONG.........................................ver. 3.02

TOON LINK..........................................ver. 3.02

ZERO SUIT SAMUS....................................ver. 3.02

WOLF...............................................ver. 3.02

METAKNIGHT.........................................ver. 3.02

KING DEDEDE........................................ver. 2.6b

SQUIRTLE...........................................ver. 3.02

IVYSAUR............................................ver. 2.6

CHARIZARD..........................................ver. 2.5b

LUCARIO............................................ver. 2.1

LUCAS..............................................ver. 2.6

R.O.B..............................................ver. 3.5

IKE................................................ver. 2.1

OLIMAR.............................................ver. 3.02

PIT................................................ver. 3.02

SNAKE..............................................ver. 2.5

SONIC..............................................ver. 2.5

What to expect in the future? Buffs all around! I intend on balancing this project by improving certain characters. I also intend on collaborating with other modders to give the game a fresh new feel. I want to make this feel like ultimately the funnest version of Project M for mains of every character. I also plan on adding new stages, new music, new skins, and maybe new fighters. But in immediate versions expect to see me break every character in a way that's different from Brawl Minus. My goal is to make a spiritual successor to PM 3.0, where the buffs kept coming instead of the nerfs.

Have an idea of how to buff your main? Let me know! I want this to be what the community wants, rather than what it needs.

Happy Smashing!!

Last edited:

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
First of all, someone else had already done this, but it was just plainly copy and pastes from previous versions, so it seems your game plan is a bit different. I'd like to say though that 3.6 Olimar is the absolute worst of any - 3.02 is probably the best.

VGP| WyRE

Smash Rookie
My version is a bit more complete than PM Ultimate, as every character is in their community discussed best form, as opposed to PM Ultimate's 15ish characters.

Also, you are right, my end goal is to make a spiritual successor to PM 3.0, where I buff all fighters to god-tier proportions. I plan on utilizing PSA to do this. I have a few cool ideas that would drastically change how characters are played. This is just the simple switch version though. I'll make a new update with buffs really soon. I've already begun!

alex9918

Smash Cadet
I can't wait too try this out with my friends via dolphin! Keep the awesome work WyRE :D
EDIT: Can't seem too get it too recognize there is a stage on the SD card... works via gecko though. odd.

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
So I tried this out, and everything works fine on my homebrewed Wii, except for Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy.

Dr Mario has FLUDD sticking out of him for some moves and Mewtwo + Roy have no SFX. I had to revert them back to their 3.6 incarnations, but it would be nice to have their old versions with their sounds.

Also, I'm not sure if this was in 3.02 but Mario, Fox, and Falco's nairs have a ton of lag. Even when L-canceled. Fox's up throw also has enough endlag where I can't up throw up air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom