• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Riivolution

AngryNerds100

Smash Rookie
NNID
AngryNerds100
I lost my 2GB SD card, and I don't want to have to buy another one. I heard you play Project M without an SD card, with Riivolution. The only problem is that I really don't know how. Can someone help me?

person66

Smash Cadet
Riivolution isn't supported with newer project m versions afaik. You'll have to get another sd card. Doesn't have to be 2GB though if you can't find one. You can use >2GB as long as you use either the homebrew channel or letterbomb to launch the Project M launcher.

If you don't know how to set up letterbomb, its pretty easy. Just type the MAC address of your wii into that site (you can get this in the wii's internet settings), and then it will give you a zip file with a folder called private inside. Move that folder to the root of your sd card, along with the hackless version of project m. Now just put the sd in the wii, and go to the wii message board. Then just find the red letter with the bomb inside. It should be on or around today's date (or whatever day you downloaded the letterbomb zip). Open that and it should launch project m.

AngryNerds100

Smash Rookie
NNID
AngryNerds100
Does it work with USB? It would be a lot more convenient if it does.

person66

Smash Cadet
Nope, unfortunately it's SD only. You should be able to find a new SD card for <$10, though, so it won't set you back too too much. Still kind of annoying though, I agree. You could technically use one of the programs that builds an ISO using the project m files and an original brawl ISO, and then launch it with a usb loader, assuming you have hacked your wii. Although I don't know if there are any ISO builders that work with a full 3.6 install ATM.

AngryNerds100

Smash Rookie
NNID
AngryNerds100
I'm also talking about the leaked build with Knuckles, Lyn and Isacc, so I doubt building an iso is possible. I guess I'll just buy a replacement.

Top Bottom