• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Released!

Kati

Smash Lord
@Strong Bad where is a good place to report stuff like basic frame data not matching melee? Or verify that the inconsistency is intentional? I just noticed that I can't ledgehop -> uair and instantly grab the ledge again with Samus. Bair still works though.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
I would like to note a few things gameplay-wise that I would personally change in the next update, or future release depending on the amount of effort required. Just a couple things I've noticed switching between PM and Melee a lot these past few days.

One thing is noticed is that, other than Captain Falcon (maybe more, I didn't review the entire roster, but a majority of it), characters carry the same aerial momentum whether they are sprinting at full speed or walking at full speed. I noticed this difference when switching from Melee to PM while training with Fox. After dashing and jumping, his aerial speed does not match his dashing speed as it would in Melee. I first noticed this while doing nairs. Fox would short hop, nair, and then a few frames after hitting his air speed will significantly decrease, almost to a standstill. Now, I know that this could be semi-counteracted by doing -->, A, -->, to continue forward with his aerial momentum, but that doesn't take away that his air speed is the same whether you are running or walking full speed. I personally feel that this is something that should be fixed. I know PM isn't trying to be Melee 1:1, but I believe that it would help to add much more fluidity to the game.

That's the biggest thing, the only other 2 things were characters running speed being much slower. I feel like characters like Falco and Mario (just using these characters as examples!) who are noticeably slower in comparison to their Melee counterparts, should at least have their running speeds matched with Melee. Honestly though, this isn't much of an issue because I've adjusted to playing both games, but it's still something I thought is worth addressing and I'd like to hear your opinions.

Lastly, just a thought on making wavedashing appear much smoother. In Melee, characters used the same jumpsquat animation and landingsquat animation. I think by doing the same thing in PM (keeping the same amount of jumpsquat frames) this would drastically improve the appearance of wavedashing, or at least in theory.

I'm willing to bet that some people have thought of these things, but I've never seen this mentioned before so I felt compelled to bring it up. These aren't really issues (except I do feel that the aerial momentum should be addressed), but just ideas for improving PMs gameplay in the future :)

Thoughts?

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Donkey Kong's Final Smash needs to either get better strength and launch power, or it needs to get longer range, because on bigger stages, I can be 100% avoided, and it's kinda unfair. I won't judge if it doesn't get buffed, but it's pretty annoying if you don't.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
hello
excuse me but the pmdevteam's offical website talks about the Project3.6 final and i am downloading it.
I am wrong about something? is the pm version in the download section pm3.6beta or pm3.6full?
Because nobody talks about that. what am i missing?

Donkey Kong's Final Smash needs to either get better strength and launch power, or it needs to get longer range, because on bigger stages, I can be 100% avoided, and it's kinda unfair. I won't judge if it doesn't get buffed, but it's pretty annoying if you don't.
I agree but it is not real big deal...as to find an intersting DownB for DK!

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
holy moly

so you guys moved ps2 over ps1, made ps1 the alt, and somehow managed to keep ps2's song list?! the sorcery is ENDLESS

-------

also has anyone come across a css with a logo? I wonder how long it takes with each new version for one of the big scenes to update theirs.

PM should just have a default Project M banner in the Css.

Last edited:

Scurry059

Smash Cadet
I was really happy when the full versuon came out. I'm surprised that auto L-canceling is in

Dryson

Smash Rookie
hi i'm french and my ssb is a PAL version.. Can you say me how i can play on project M? Thanks you find you do a great job :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom