• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Launcher Not Working

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
For some reason whenever I try to load up 3.6 it gets stuck on the green and purple static screen and never loads the launcher. I've re-downloaded, but it still doesn't work. Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, but no one has given a solution. I'm using the Hackless version.

The same is happening to me and it's really pissing me off. I've tried to run it countless times and I've redownloaded it too. I know I didn't screw up the download because the boot.elf code screen is coming up before it goes to the pink and green. I guess my sd card could be having issues but if you said it was happening to a lot of other people I guess that's not it. I suppose we'll just have to wait till 3.6 final version. btw I was using the hackless as well and not the one via media fire.

StubbyDK

Smash Journeyman
I tried both hackless versions and the same thing is happening, stops at the static screen. I'm now on the 4th re-download and nothing is changing. Just wait a couple days I guess

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925
If you have any GameCube memory cards inserted in your Wii, try taking them out.

I was having the same issue with it getting stuck on the green and pink screen, but once I took them out, it launched fine.

Jackarooman

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackarooman
3DS FC
4382-2173-7523
If you have any GameCube memory cards inserted in your Wii, try taking them out.

I was having the same issue with it getting stuck on the green and pink screen, but once I took them out, it launched fine.
Thankyou so much, you are a god.

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman

For real?! How does that work? Well, it's too late for me to try that. I went ahead and Homebrewed my Wii.

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925
For real?! How does that work? Well, it's too late for me to try that. I went ahead and Homebrewed my Wii.
Beats me, but I'm not going to question results that work.

I don't know if this same issue persists on a Homebrewed Wii, but I hope it works for ya!

Ace Turner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-1026-7348

i love you

Thank youuuuuuuuuu! I was actually thinking about trying it without them but I didn't think it would actually make a difference.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
The memory card thing does work. I wonder why this happened. It was never an issue with any other versions.

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
Hey I can't even get the boot.elf to appear in the Custom Stage menu guys. Any advice?

EDIT: What I mean is, after putting the contents of nohomebrew.zip on my SD card, the Stage Builder Menu is just blank, nothing, no stages at all, no loader, zip, zilch, nada. Just vanilla brawl.

EDIT2: Nm guys, seems my download got wonky and excluded a bunch of files for no f***ing reason, it may be fixed now

Last edited:

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925
Hey I can't even get the boot.elf to appear in the Custom Stage menu guys. Any advice?

EDIT: What I mean is, after putting the contents of nohomebrew.zip on my SD card, the Stage Builder Menu is just blank, nothing, no stages at all, no loader, zip, zilch, nada. Just vanilla brawl.
Did you make sure to do all the things?

No custom stages on the Wii or SD Card, no other content on the SD card, SD card isn't named Project M, SD Card 2 GB or less, extract all the files to the card, and all that jazz?

Edit: Formatting the SD card might help too, it will clean out everything just in case something is left over.

Last edited:

No custom stages on the Wii or SD Card, no other content on the SD card, SD card isn't named Project M, SD Card 2 GB or less, extract all the files to the card, and all that jazz?

Edit: Formatting the SD card might help too, it will clean out everything just in case something is left over.
Yeah at first it said I didn't have room for all of the files even though there was nothing on it but I reformatted it and it worked fine. I never had to do that with other versions though.

Pac-Attack

Smash Rookie
Mine started getting past the green and purple state after I took out the gamecube memory cards but now when I try to press play it just resets the wii and starts up brawl instead of project m. Please help

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925
Mine started getting past the green and purple state after I took out the gamecube memory cards but now when I try to press play it just resets the wii and starts up brawl instead of project m. Please help
Hmm... I'm not quite sure what to do about that. I've powered on and off a few times and it launched fine every time.

I hate to sound like a parrot, but...

If it doesn't work after that, it might be your hardware (Wii), but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I'm just re downloading it again and hopefully it'll work but thanks anyways
For the Brawl loading bug goes, this is an issue common with any file patch code, not just exclusive to the launcher. For some reason, some SD cards fail to properly load the file patch code, but load the other codes just fine. I have two cards that won't work, too (ugh...) so try using a different card. That's all I really know about the issue.

Kyujuu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kyujuu
3DS FC
1006-1745-6571
For some reason whenever I try to load up 3.6 it gets stuck on the green and purple static screen and never loads the launcher. I've re-downloaded, but it still doesn't work. Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, but no one has given a solution. I'm using the Hackless version.
"Yeah, my **** just won't load at all. After I hit play from the launcher, it sends me back to the wii menu screen. I've tried removing my GCN memory cards and still nothing."

ThatZooooooooo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatZooooooooo
3DS FC
3093-7071-8925
"Yeah, my **** just won't load at all. After I hit play from the launcher, it sends me back to the wii menu screen. I've tried removing my GCN memory cards and still nothing."
It might be an issue with your SD card, like TopazPhoenix said.

For the Brawl loading bug goes, this is an issue common with any file patch code, not just exclusive to the launcher. For some reason, some SD cards fail to properly load the file patch code, but load the other codes just fine. I have two cards that won't work, too (ugh...) so try using a different card. That's all I really know about the issue.
Other than that, I'm not sure what else it could be at this time. Sorry.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Ok i'll tell you what, this is what I have done for my wii to run Project M
Go here http://please.hackmii.com/
Type in your MAC address, it will be in wii settings and select the correct version of your wii. That will be written in settings. Most likely 4.3U if you're trying to run PM
UNTICK Bundle Hackmii Installer
Cut any wire given there, it doesn't matter
You will get a folder called 'Private'

Now, in your PM 3.6 download, you should see the folders and files
  • codes
  • private
  • projectm
  • boot.elf
  • gameconfig.txt
Now delete the private folder from the PM download, and replace it with the private folder you created. Make sure you delete the old folder first because when you replace files sometimes errors may happen.
Now remove your sd card and put it in your wii. Now you don't run the game through brawl, but instead you run it through the wii messages. You will see a red letter icon for 5th July or whatever the date you created the private folder. Click on that and Project M launcher should appear. Click on play and it should work. Hopefully it does :)

~qwertz143~

Aksissilva

Smash Rookie
Same problem happen for me but i dont have any memory cards in. what is the problem here

D

Deleted member

adlkfjlDOIuroiwerfdafa

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

alkdflakdjfadf

Last edited by a moderator:

Zroe

Smash Rookie
so i can make it past the pink and green static, but after i hit play on the boot up screen it goes black for a few seconds then restarts my wii. all i wanna do is play pm. someone halp

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
so i can make it past the pink and green static, but after i hit play on the boot up screen it goes black for a few seconds then restarts my wii. all i wanna do is play pm. someone halp
Okay i'll tell you what. Is your SD card 2gb and did you delete all the stages from stage builder menu to load it? If then try this
1. Load your SD card onto your computer.
2. Reformat into FAT32.
3. Backup, save, then try!
If it still doesn't work then try the method I used. This method works with 4gb sd cards and bigger too
Ok i'll tell you what, this is what I have done for my wii to run Project M
Go here http://please.hackmii.com/
Type in your MAC address, it will be in wii settings and select the correct version of your wii. That will be written in settings. Most likely 4.3U if you're trying to run PM
UNTICK Bundle Hackmii Installer
Cut any wire given there, it doesn't matter
You will get a folder called 'Private'

Now, in your PM 3.6 download, you should see the folders and files
  • codes
  • private
  • projectm
  • boot.elf
  • gameconfig.txt
Now delete the private folder from the PM download, and replace it with the private folder you created. Make sure you delete the old folder first because when you replace files sometimes errors may happen.
Now remove your sd card and put it in your wii. Now you don't run the game through brawl, but instead you run it through the wii messages. You will see a red letter icon for 5th July or whatever the date you created the private folder. Click on that and Project M launcher should appear. Click on play and it should work. Hopefully it does :)

~qwertz143~
If that still doesn't work try it with homebrew and gecko launcher instead of the PM one.
And remember to try to remove the gamecube memory card from the wii if that is the one creating problems.

VR6014

Smash Rookie
Im having problems loading Project M and Nintendont on the Wii U, idk if the problem is the SD or something cause in Project M when I quit training it sends me back to Brawl and freezes itself, in case Nintendont takes time to load Melee, any tips?

SodaJetCH

Smash Rookie
Guys i need an answer as quick as possible!!!! im using the Homebrew version of Project M 3.6 and the launcher loads ok, but when i load the game instead of sending me to Project M sends me to Brawl...this happend out of nowhere beacause until yesterday i could play normally Project M, please help me now!

Top Bottom