• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Art Revealed!

KoolKai

Smash Rookie
NNID
KoolKai
3DS FC
0001-3357-5286
Nice work PMDT (as always). Does Delfino's Secret completely replace Dracula's Castle or is it just an alternate stage?

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Dat Dark Suit tho... And good to see that ZSS' alts have been fixed up as well. I hope Diddy has something more than just colors, but it's good to see him and other characters getting attention! Ironically, I was using SJS's Dark Suit in my PM build, but it's nice to see it touched up and given the Prime-style arm cannon.

The Bowser's Castle stage is amazing, as is the original soundtrack accompanying it!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Already being in Brawl in some form is a prerequisite for being added.
:mewtwopm: was a trophy. :roypm: was a sticker. So there was no risk of copyright trouble with them.
Simon, however, didn't appear at all, and is a third party character. That's actually why Dracula's Castle was replaced – it was a copyright time bomb.
Delfino's Secret just seems to fit in better from a thematic perspective, imo.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
I think I also heard slash sound effects in the video. Meaning the sword charaxters like Marth and Roy might not sound like they're thwacking you with a wooden stick. The slash effects are pretty cool and some guy in the pm customized section has had them available for quite some time. I love them.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Now all we need is
The headband Jiggs costume

Mr. M (it looks cool, it's not canon but it looks cool)

CamJamSlamMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cam_TriforceMan
3DS FC
4811-6936-8465
Oh lord, that Bowser's Castle stage. I've been wanting a Bowser's Castle stage in a Smash game ever since the N64 days and even though it's not "official", it's still even more beautiful than I ever imagined.
You're the real MVPs, PMDT.

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
Wow! These are all really good! The devs always do so good. Can't wait to play with all these new features!

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
So the Dark suit is cool but... What about Phazon suit or PED suit or Hazard suit? yeah I could always enjoy more Samus alts

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
1.)Love what pm is going to add.(can't wait to hear the acapella ver. of mario theme)
2.) Hoping to see a sector z remake

Stressedllamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
StressedLlamas
3DS FC
0791-2652-8027
I feel bad for my Saffron City Smash U stage.
Peach's Castle is missing the Bumpers.
Just wondering, if they did put Dracula's Castle before, why not including Simon Belmont with the newcomers to don't make the stage "incomplete"?
Its was a ticking Copyright timebomb man

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
How about a roy alternate instead of the awakening recolor?

Last edited:

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand the need for 3.6, people don't want newer skins or different stages, they want a better game, better than 3.5, better than sm4sh and better than melee, but 3.6 is no noticeable improvement... especially mechancially
Everywhere I go, I always see you crying about small and meaningless things. Just saying.

BrianAure

Smash Cadet
Anyone saw the Fir Emblem Awakening Roy in the 3.6 trailer?
Edit: my mistake

Last edited:

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
Are new character reveals shown after the trailer, or before the trailer? I dare to dream Pichu will comeback... So does anyone know?

Girth94

Smash Cadet
I agree with you... 3.6 is a small and meaningless thing
3.6 will have balance changes as well, including Olimar's new up-b as seen in the trailer. Silentdoom (PMDT animator) went on the Olimar Skype group and divulged a bunch of 3.6 Olimar details. The buffs and changes were enough to convince some Olimar mains that he'd be "Top 15 in 3.6."

Delfino's Secret (Dracula's Castle replacement) is also a Page 1 stage that's been resized to be a medium-large starter for competitive use. It'll definitely be seen in tournament and bring a new element to stage counterpicking.

It's not just an aesthetic update, and it's certainly not small or meaningless. The new casual stages, new music, new sound effects, and new costumes are extra. It's fine if you don't appreciate them, but there's more coming in 3.6.

Also, from this point forward, I don't expect there to be any huge changes like 3.5. The cast's playstyles are pretty much defined at this point, and we'll likely only be seeing small engine improvements and necessary balance changes from this point on.

Top Bottom