• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 running via Dolphin question

nullife

Smash Cadet
Hi.
With the release of 3.5 I decided to try out playing PM on Dolphin so I could possibly play online.
Everything worked perfectly thanks to the guide here.
I just have one problem. The game itself runs very well, It's lag-free and it looks great. However, the audio seems to 'studder' or 'lag'.
I'm pretty sure this has to do with the fact that I'm playing on a laptop that isn't really optimized for gaming.
It's a decent laptop, but not as good as it should be.
I was just wondering if there was anything I could do in Dolphin to fix this problem. Or maybe some other program I could get to...make the audio not lag?
Like I said the game runs very very well with no lag.

Thanks

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet
same issue here. never had this issue with 3.02 vanilla or community builds.

Things get really haywire when playing with Ice Climbers.

nullife

Smash Cadet
After some fiddling around I'm still having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated

Son Rolo

Smash Rookie
99 times out of 100... audio stutter indicates performance problems. Have you turned "display FPS" on to see if you're inadvertently losing frames during gameplay? (if it ever goes below 60 it's a problem)

If it's a performance issue your only option might be to lower all settings (resolution set to native, effects such as AA off, etc...)

Other that that... idk laptops sometimes have power saving settings that you can disable to squeeze some more performance from them... also you didn't post your system specs but you could have one of those laptops where you have to tell the game to run with the high performance graphics card instead of the regular one (Dolphin may not do this by default)

Top Bottom