• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0-safe Mods

Steffanic

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! I've been a fan of Smash Bros modding for eons, but never dabbled in it myself, until now. I got Project M 3.0 working and it's fantastic! It's really brought a breath of fresh air to the game. However, I came to the realisation that now I've softmodded and Homebrewed and all that jazz, I could give other Smash Bros mods a go. Sooo...

I was wondering if you guys could post some mods, either stages, models, skins, etc that will work perfectly fine with PM3.0.

It's always a shame to see mods have to replace an existing costume/stage/whatever, so anything that will act as an addition, rather than a replacement, would be awesome!

Bear in mind, as I said, I'm new to all this, so I apologise if it's simply the case of "ALL smash bros mods will work with PM!".

Steffanic

Smash Rookie
Aha, here we go. For example, I remember seeing a couple of mods way back, that would turn Squirtle into Wartortle and Ivysaur into Bulbasaur. I would be over the moon if I was able to get ahold of these and they worked with PM3.0. Please let me know your thoughts below!

Steffanic

Smash Rookie

SnatoWhato

Smash Cadet
Most mods are going to be replacements sadly. Just do what I do, replace characters and stages you don't care for. And then add some awesome tunes so you can throw down with your buds. :)

SnatoWhato

Smash Cadet
I'm in the process of adding the color bar to all my CSPs. lol
That MegaCharizardXmon is a MUST have. Thanks for the link. :)

Steffanic

Smash Rookie
Okay, so over the past few days, I've realised and picked up how easy(ish) it is to add new models and the such. I've now gone a bit mad. As in, downloaded enough to fill my desktop up. Twice. Oops.

There are the odd few that don't work, and hope one day I can figure it out. Like for example, how some textures have Size Mods automatically in the file, and work perfectly fine. Then there are other textures that supposedly have size mods, but require additional files and 'codes'. Not sure about this 'Code' business.

Thanks anyway, guys! =D

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I am sorry, but I am new to adding these mods … But I have downloaded such modes characters like Ice Mario, Mega Mewtwo etc and have them running on the game. However, I do not understand how to port their portraits into both the menu screen and the icon screen … can someone help me out on this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Steffanic

Smash Rookie
I am sorry, but I am new to adding these mods … But I have downloaded such modes characters like Ice Mario, Mega Mewtwo etc and have them running on the game. However, I do not understand how to port their portraits into both the menu screen and the icon screen … can someone help me out on this? I would greatly appreciate it.
Hey, us n00bs have gotta stick together ;D Okay, for the portraits, you're gonna want to go into: projectm/pf/system/ and open common5.pac. Once open in Brawlbox, select sc_selcharacter_en and then char_bust_tex_lz77. You should see MiscData [0-40something]. Each one is a character, open them up, find the costume that the mod has replaced, right click it and replace the portrait with one of your own. Make sure it's the right size, 128 x 160. When you're finished, save it, close it, sorted =] I believe the icons are also somewhere in the common5 file. I myself don't bother change them, so I don't know where exactly. Jus' have a look around. Could be in a different common file altogether.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Hey, us n00bs have gotta stick together ;D Okay, for the portraits, you're gonna want to go into: projectm/pf/system/ and open common5.pac. Once open in Brawlbox, select sc_selcharacter_en and then char_bust_tex_lz77. You should see MiscData [0-40something]. Each one is a character, open them up, find the costume that the mod has replaced, right click it and replace the portrait with one of your own. Make sure it's the right size, 128 x 160. When you're finished, save it, close it, sorted =] I believe the icons are also somewhere in the common5 file. I myself don't bother change them, so I don't know where exactly. Jus' have a look around. Could be in a different common file altogether.
I agree with this, as I'm sorta a noob to this too. If we don't stick together, we won't figure this stuff out.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
THank you for the response, I was able to put them in! Now to just find the those mini portraits ….

Steffanic

Smash Rookie
THank you for the response, I was able to put them in! Now to just find the those mini portraits ….
To be fair, I found them once when I first started, but never used 'em again. Keep looking, you'll find 'em =]

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So...I'm a noob.
I've tried to replace some textures twice and messed it up. On my first try the game didn't even boot.
On the second one it started the right way, the portraits were replaced on the CSS, the SSS was perfect...but as the match was starting the game froze with a horrible buzz.
Any help please?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
To be fair, I found them once when I first started, but never used 'em again. Keep looking, you'll find 'em =]
I figured out where they are! For reference to everyone, they are under pf/info/portrite
Also, there is a section for the 128 x 160 portrails under pf/menu/common

Steffanic

Smash Rookie
So...I'm a noob.
I've tried to replace some textures twice and messed it up. On my first try the game didn't even boot.
On the second one it started the right way, the portraits were replaced on the CSS, the SSS was perfect...but as the match was starting the game froze with a horrible buzz.
Any help please?
Hmm, sounds like a problem with the model itself. Are you able to post a link to the actual mod? 9/10 times I have this issue, it's because the textures are too high resolution...

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Well somehow I managed to make them work, I don't know if it's related but I was trying to place like 8 textures for characters in a shot and it messed up
But then I tried to do it one by one and now they work fine

Also...think you can help me with this particular stage?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axsvzezctv2ov33/wNOui5r-YR
I've replaced many stages with no problems, but I just can't make the ones from that particular uploader to work...I converted the .rel file to a one that allowed me to place the stage over a custom one
But as soon as I select it the game freezes, same thing happened to me with his Falcon Flyer stage

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Well somehow I managed to make them work, I don't know if it's related but I was trying to place like 8 textures for characters in a shot and it messed up
But then I tried to do it one by one and now they work fine

Also...think you can help me with this particular stage?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axsvzezctv2ov33/wNOui5r-YR
I've replaced many stages with no problems, but I just can't make the ones from that particular uploader to work...I converted the .rel file to a one that allowed me to place the stage over a custom one
But as soon as I select it the game freezes, same thing happened to me with his Falcon Flyer stage

It uses a Final Destination base .rel. When converting the rel file, choose final destination as the base, and not brinstar.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
It uses a Final Destination base .rel. When converting the rel file, choose final destination as the base, and not brinstar.
Thank you man, I finally managed to place them the right way. I had to try like 4 time haha

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Here is another question that may have been answered in previous threads, though I tried doing some searched but I do not know what it is exactly called! There are more and more great textures coming out for characters and I was hoping instead of replacing costume slots ... that I can possibly add a new one? I assume it's possible since the 3.0 release added some alt. costumes for a select few characters. Is it fairly simple and compatible with the latest PM version?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I think cBliss is what you're looking for, as far as I know it's a tool that lets you have up to 10 costumes per character.
About it being simple...I haven't managed to make it work yet so...I'm sorry I can't help you x3

Top Bottom