• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I have an update(even though alot of people don't even know I am on the team)
I did stock portraits, alternate battle portraits and a 'mark'(you know mario's is a mushroom. That thing)
I will also be doing an edge grab animation sometime this week.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I have an update(even though alot of people don't even know I am on the team)
I did stock portraits, alternate battle portraits and a 'mark'(you know mario's is a mushroom. That thing)
I will also be doing an edge grab animation sometime this week.
Sounds good bro, we already did the ledge grab wait animation, so you might wanna get that from me on skype or email before you do that.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Hey, by the way. You guys have the shield working, right? I'm asking just in case because I know how to fix shields and grabbing problems.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Here are some pictures(and no that is not a graphical error. That is the root for the New World Tree. Also, how can I get him to close his eyes? I found the bones that can make him look around, and polygon 12 and 13 are his eyelids so is it possible?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I found the bones that can make him look around, and polygon 12 and 13 are his eyelids so is it possible?
There is a bone for each eye ball, and each eyelid.... they give you FULL control over his eyes, as well as mouth bones, so you can fully change the emotion on his face....
So yes, it's very possible.... (Already done it)

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Here are some pictures(and no that is not a graphical error. That is the root for the New World Tree. Also, how can I get him to close his eyes? I found the bones that can make him look around, and polygon 12 and 13 are his eyelids so is it possible?
Yes the Mabul and Mabur bones should be the eyelids (I used them to make his angry look for his over special.). With easy questions like that feel free to just PM me ^^

As for the mouth though, there are bones to control his cheeks but not his actual mouth. We're still trying to figure that out.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Oh thanks! That is really helpful. I will get him to close his eyes more and stuff now:)
Also, a parfait and an angus burger to go :) too funny! Oh, and I also did DownWaitU but it is just a modification to his sleeping. The other one was(almost) from scratch. I re-posed him but he looked sort of akward so I just took the breathing from some other random animation. Now that I know how to make him close his eyes I will go and complete both of these animations. I will also make him close his eyes on sleep even though that isn't my animation.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Oh thanks! That is really helpful. I will get him to close his eyes more and stuff now:)
Also, a parfait and an angus burger to go :) too funny! Oh, and I also did DownWaitU but it is just a modification to his sleeping. The other one was(almost) from scratch. I re-posed him but he looked sort of akward so I just took the breathing from some other random animation. Now that I know how to make him close his eyes I will go and complete both of these animations. I will also make him close his eyes on sleep even though that isn't my animation.
Okay cool, just send them to my email address when you finish them and I'll update the fitmotionpac ^^

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Okay. I will also send you the ''mark''(which is Huepow but I can change it if you want. Another idea I had was his ring, but I couldn't find any good pictures :() I will also send you the alternate stock, and battle portraits I made. Also, I might be able to help with sound effects. The only problem is I have never played Klonoa so I don't know when he would say what. If you tell me when he says the sounds and when you want him to say them in brawl, I think I can add them.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Hey, by the way. You guys have the shield working, right? I'm asking just in case because I know how to fix shields and grabbing problems.
Well it's kind of working. It shields but it also gets really big along with his pantsleg.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
If you do the sound effects, get the JAPANESE Klonoa voice from the Wii version. English = bleh.

"Wahoo!" Up-B
"Humyah!" getting hurt

And that's mostly all I've got. =/

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
If you do the sound effects, get the JAPANESE Klonoa voice from the Wii version. English = bleh.

"Wahoo!" Up-B
"Humyah!" getting hurt

And that's mostly all I've got. =/
PHANTOMILE FOR THE WIN. LIKE WE'D EVER USE DAT ENGLISH SHIZ LOL. But yeah, if anything we'd probably just use those sounds. I don't really much care for the english voice either.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Okay. And as strange as it is Klonoa sounds somewhat like Lucas. I often don't even use sound. I turn off my sound to avoid the deadly beep. Sound effects are cool though.
I am making a Klonoa kirby hat now.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
I will be in Disneyland for 5 days starting tomorrow. I will resume animating after that. Also, did you get my message Starwaffle? I also just did DamageFlyRoll.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Hey frostymm I just sent you damageflyroll also, has anyone made any progress? Nobody has said anything for about a week.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Don't let the topic die please. Keep us updated. And do not post random crap too *cough*MrLRG*cough*

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Well I know that Starwaffle's redone the up smash completely and unfortunately I've been busy with work and getting ready to start college. I've gotten like 6 damage animations done but I should've been able to get so much more in by now... I just added that DamageFlyRoll animation to the main Motion pac and hopefully I'll get the chance to do some more damage animations next week.

Has anybody imported a model to make a stage from Klonoa?
Yeah, I went through just about the entire Iso, pulling out models, I was planning on making a stage based off of the first boss battle but so far haven't gotten anywhere with it ^^'

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Can you please send me the latest stuff? Also, good luck with college :)
Discovery(Possibly useless) I noticed that today I was playing on that Super Smash Bros. Intro stage today as Klonoa and when the other player near where I was (the camera zoomed in) and I grabbed the edge Klonoa actually didn't glitch or anything. He just held on to the edge like he should.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Can you please send me the latest stuff? Also, good luck with college :)
Discovery(Possibly useless) I noticed that today I was playing on that Super Smash Bros. Intro stage today as Klonoa and when the other player near where I was (the camera zoomed in) and I grabbed the edge Klonoa actually didn't glitch or anything. He just held on to the edge like he should.
That's odd, he didn't just instantly get up or instantly die? How did the animation look by chance?

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
No he just held on exactly like any other character would. Also, the animation looked great. I am making an imported Klonoa stage right now. I will upload it today or tomorrow. Whenever it is completely finished. I just discovered something: Klonoa CAN grab people. If you get really close to someone(like inside them) you can grab them. If you use the downthrow(the only one animated) he does the animation and stuff and then he carries them around. I will post pictures in a little while. Hey guys check it out I made a stage http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12520&Moderated=All
I'm not sure how important this stage is in the game, but here is an imported Klonoa stage made by me. I took the backround from the imported Desert Hills stage because the Klonoa stage didn't have a backround.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Please continue to update with progress. Don't let the topic die :(
I really want this project to keep flowing. It already is one of the most detailed and one of the furthest completed character project in Brawl hacking history. Many would not like for the project to sit and be discarded still without a beta test.

I apologize but I, just as others on this forum, are looking forward to the completion of this project. So if you can, please work diligently and keep us updated on your progress.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry bout the lack of updates. Btw, Ronald, you might want to work on the stage a bit more ^^' There are parts of it where you just can't see anything because of the objects up front. I downloaded it the minute it came up. So yeah, we've made just about no progress at all since the last few posts. I've for the most part just been lazy, I'm not sure what stars been up to and I know that Shock has been busy with schoolwork. Though we haven't given up on it, I think everyone will become a bit more motivated if we can just find someone to do PSA...

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sorry bout the lack of updates. Btw, Ronald, you might want to work on the stage a bit more ^^' There are parts of it where you just can't see anything because of the objects up front. I downloaded it the minute it came up. So yeah, we've made just about no progress at all since the last few posts. I've for the most part just been lazy, I'm not sure what stars been up to and I know that Shock has been busy with schoolwork. Though we haven't given up on it, I think everyone will become a bit more motivated if we can just find someone to do PSA...
Yeah I will try to fix the camera on the stage and Mewtwo2000 is fixing the spawnpoints. Also, I have been fairly busy but I have been lazy too. I will try to make at least two animations this week. Also, does anyone know what to call the stage I made? I havn't played the game so I don't know if it is from a boss fight or what but it would be great if someone knows what to call it. I will make the sss name for it for the next version.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I will try to fix the camera on the stage and Mewtwo2000 is fixing the spawnpoints. Also, I have been fairly busy but I have been lazy too. I will try to make at least two animations this week. Also, does anyone know what to call the stage I made? I havn't played the game so I don't know if it is from a boss fight or what but it would be great if someone knows what to call it. I will make the sss name for it for the next version.
It's like on the stage selection screen. It's not actually a stage itself XD

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys well good news... Sort of.... I'm starting college but I have ridiculously long gaps between them (Several hours in fact) and I plan on using that time wisely. Homework you ask? Like I ever do that =P Although yes, I will be using it for that... But also if I can get this stupid laptop to start working.... KLONOA ANIMATIONS!!! *Crowd cheers* Luckily for me, doing these will actually help with my school too... Visual and game programming ftw?

Top Bottom