• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Hurricane Ike

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Warning!!!!!!!!! Hurricane approaching!!!!!!!

I love this one so much, I had to make a topic :D

Hurricane Ike

Changes:

New Side special
New Standard special
3 New taunts
New attributes
Lots of new GFX
New GFX and SFX on FS
and more

Video:
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izL2w8Wlcj8

If you like my videos, please subscribe to my YouTube channel

Download him here:

http://willhostforfood.com/dl.php?fileid=79775

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I like it. Have you tried any water specials though that squirt the enemy back or some sorts? Or any that do straight up damage? I can't think of many really. I'm not too sure on the hacking works either so I shouldn't say much more than that. >.<

It looks fun though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh come on. I was one of those who suffered from this ****, and I know there are numerous others who did too.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Oh just get over it, I know quite a few people who were hit by Hurricane Ike that would find this funny (one 'shopped a very similar image, although it looked better). If you can't take a joke about it after the fact, then maybe you should have just stayed away from the topic. Anyone actually getting offended by something like this... just... bleh.

I was actually waiting for someone to make a hack like this, and while it definitely needs more work, it's a good start. You even changed the Final Smash effects. It could use more customization, but it'll be better when we can use custom animations.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Oh just get over it, I know quite a few people who were hit by Hurricane Ike that would find this funny (one 'shopped a very similar image, although it looked better). If you can't take a joke about it after the fact, then maybe you should have just stayed away from the topic. Anyone actually getting offended by something like this... just... bleh.

I was actually waiting for someone to make a hack like this, and while it definitely needs more work, it's a good start. You even changed the Final Smash effects. It could use more customization, but it'll be better when we can use custom animations.
I didn't make the image, I just googled hurricane Ike ssbb. But thanks for the criticism.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
you should make him say Prepare yourself when he did his FS like preparing yourself for a hurricane.

Better idea, once you can figure out how to make custom Final Smashes (requires no custom animations):

Ike appears in the middle of the screen (optional) and says "Prepare yourself!" then uses that one taunt where he holds his sword in front of him like as if powering up or something (I call it the Angry taunt). Then while staying in that pose, the entire screen is turned blueish as wind, water, ice and electric effects appear, doing rapid damage to all on-screen with little-to-no knockback but a good amount of hitstun (giant hitboxes EVERYWHERE). Then as one more hitbox stuns them or whatever, Ike says "You'll get no sympathy from me.." before starting from the spinning part of the Aether animation and then slamming on the ground, causing massive, high-damage winds to blast everyone away.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Better idea, once you can figure out how to make custom Final Smashes (requires no custom animations):

Ike appears in the middle of the screen (optional) and says "Prepare yourself!" then uses that one taunt where he holds his sword in front of him like as if powering up or something (I call it the Angry taunt). Then while staying in that pose, the entire screen is turned blueish as wind, water, ice and electric effects appear, doing rapid damage to all on-screen with little-to-no knockback but a good amount of hitstun (giant hitboxes EVERYWHERE). Then as one more hitbox stuns them or whatever, Ike says "You'll get no sympathy from me.." before starting from the spinning part of the Aether animation and then slamming on the ground, causing massive, high-damage winds to blast everyone away.
Crazy hard to do. CRAZY HARD.

And take it from me, I tried editing Final Smashes.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
how did camelot make that epic explosion for roy's final smash because maybe we can do something similar only with hurricaney stuff

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
how did camelot make that epic explosion for roy's final smash because maybe we can do something similar only with hurricaney stuff
Yeah, but it would be extremely hard to make the screen blue and all tat stuff.

It would take multiple hours, which is a major pain in the ***. You'd understand if you actually used PSA.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i found a glitch using hurracane ike. If you do a Side B just before landing or while in the air ike starts to hover all over the stage and you cant do anything else. the only way to get him out of the "locked" state is to hit him with something.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but it would be extremely hard to make the screen blue and all tat stuff.

It would take multiple hours, which is a major pain in the ***. You'd understand if you actually used PSA.
Well making the screen blue doesn't seem too hard. Couldn't you just shove a "Screen Tint" in there? That appears to do just that. Has alpha settings as well.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i found a glitch using hurracane ike. If you do a Side B just before landing or while in the air ike starts to hover all over the stage and you cant do anything else. the only way to get him out of the "locked" state is to hit him with something.
I'll have to look into that... thanks.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
well Kari the lucario's dtilt does damage so i am guessing that water can do damage.
1) The graphic isn't the hitbox. It's just a water splash graphic with a hitbox centered in the same spot.
2) Someone's made a reference to my moveset? Oh wow. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that people actually know that I exist; I'm always the guy in the background on forums.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow overpowered. The ice and Finals Smash = epic.

Looks like good fun though, lots of lulz.

Top Bottom