• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bomberman - Beta 0.2 released (Looking for Article and Item help))

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Thanks I got it working already, now I'm having trouble with the grabs though.... I made him grab just fine but it just freezes when I try to throw...

pedro702

Smash Cadet
Thanks I got it working already, now I'm having trouble with the grabs though.... I made him grab just fine but it just freezes when I try to throw...
thats always been one of olimars problems becuase he uses pikmins to do everything for him :S but i think there is a way to make him trow without pikmins also i cant wait for a beta becuase bomberman should have been in brawl since the begining xD

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I've made almost no progress since my last report due to college finals n whatnot. And without any help I can't even begin to understand specials so the best I'll be able to do by the end of the month is probably some new animations and maybe tuning the smashes a bit. The down-smash and over-smash currently don't work too well. I think I'll probably just revamp the over-smash completely actually.... At some point.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That's understandable.

What is the problem with the smashes/specials? I might be able to find some tutorials/threads that could help you

EDIT: also theres a bomberman thread from the prebrawl days in character discussion with some movesets that you might could pull a new side smash from. IMO suicide bomb from post 7 sounds like a cool dsmash
:phone:

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
There really are no tutorials on those that will actually help me I don't think but if you can find some that will it'd be greatly appreciated.

And to everybody A very poor beta has been released, enjoy but save any negatvie criticism unless you know how to fix it (In the coding)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
What exactly would you need a tutorial on?(I haven't downloaded the beta yet, I need to find my sd card) is it the animation, the hitboxes, bones or what?

:phone:

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
The special tabs, completely revamping or changing or just generally working with the special tabs. Not the sub action tabs for the specials but the actual special tabs. Don't understand em at all.

And as far as the smashes go, they just dont want to do what I tell them to do. I add collisions to various bones I animated and the hitboxes just dont want to appear. they'd work on any other character but not Olimar. I even tried changing the ID's of the collision bubbles but it didnt help at all. It actually got rid of the few hitboxes I got to appear.

Olimar is difficult to work with =.=

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
There is a condition for the If statement that works if a hitbox connects. If 0B. However, it has some drastic limitations. Say you have the following code:

-Asynchronous timer 4
-Offensive Collision
-Synchronous timer 10
-Terminate collisions
-If 0B
--Stuff
-End If

Will this work? No, of course not. There are some very irritating drawbacks about 0B.

First: 0B will only react with a Special Offensive Collision. It won't do anything if it's a normal hitbox. Which is a shame, because SOCs are annoying to use. So you do this...

-Asynchronous timer 4
-Special Offensive Collision
-Synchronous timer 10
-Terminate collisions
-If 0B
--Stuff
-End If

Still won't work. If 0B is very finnicky. It won't check the whole subaction, it'll only check the frame it's activated. So basically, that code will check if you hit with the hitbox on frame 14, and ONLY frame 14. If you hit with the SOC beforehand, you didn't hit with it on frame 14. Tough break. If you want to use 0B effectively, you have to put it on all frames until the hitbox terminates. So say you want a move to be interruptable as soon as you hit with it. The code would probably look something like this:

-Asynchronous timer 4
-Special Offensive Collision
-Set Loop 10
--If 0B
---Allow Interrupt
--End If
--Synchronous Timer 1
-Execute Loop
-Terminate collisions

That will check for a hit on all 10 frames where the hitbox is out. Normally, if you want it to check every part of the move, you should probably put the 0B in the "Other" tab of the PSA subaction.
For an example of this, look at Captain Falcon's sideB. If the SOC in the subaction connects, you get the uppercut. Otherwise, the flop.

EDIT:

0B actually can check for normal Offensive Collisions. However, sometimes it doesn't work for no reason... at these times, try putting the If: 0B in the GFX tab. That usually makes it work (again for no reason).
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243626

im sorry if these dont help =[. Couldnt really find anything on kitty corp and google just brought up your other thread. I also checked the brawlvault for other people who have done olimar projects that could offer some help but it seems no one has done a full olimar psa givng him an original moveset

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
The special tabs, completely revamping or changing or just generally working with the special tabs. Not the sub action tabs for the specials but the actual special tabs. Don't understand em at all.

And as far as the smashes go, they just dont want to do what I tell them to do. I add collisions to various bones I animated and the hitboxes just dont want to appear. they'd work on any other character but not Olimar. I even tried changing the ID's of the collision bubbles but it didnt help at all. It actually got rid of the few hitboxes I got to appear.

Olimar is difficult to work with =.=
Have you given the hitboxes flags? As in a proper working 8 digit set of flags?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
He released a beta, maybe you two can download it and try to fix what's not working?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't using 0B at all. I was just mimicking what brawl minus did with the 15 - if article exists. It just doesn't want to work for me though. At first it worked but only allowed one hitbox to actually show up and then as I tried more and more different settings, it just stopped working altogether. Not sure what happened but its a bit of an issue. I'm more worried about getting the specials to do what I want.

@SDo0m
No, I just made the flags say to give an explosion effect. It was working pretty well until the hitboxes stopped showing up. What are the problems with only using 2 digits?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have to say I am not a huge fan of bomberman (Only played one of his games, have to say that the one I played was really good though), but this move set and PSA so far is sexy. I really like how it works so far, I do have some things I would like to complain about though.

When I get the smash ball it makes him invincible and immobile, resetting the match then causes the game to freeze, while he is in the invisible and immobile state.

Not sure if this is on purpose or if it is because I am using Project M, but the pikmin blow up in my face at the start of the match. It is really funny, but annoying when playing a serious match.

Also about your down B, is it going to be like a motion sensor bomb graphic, rather then the ones "following" him? Also I like how right now the B summons a bomb and Side B throws it, from what I read you are going to merge the two into one side B right? If so can you also have a simple just bomb drop move as a move as well, I love Wavedashing away after planting a bomb.

Anyway like I said really cool PSA and I can not wait for improved updates.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The final smash glitch will be addressed when the specials are figured out and you can shield the pikmin in the beginning. This is still a very early build.

For the record I also like how b and side work together and would be fine if you left it like that

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
The final smash glitch will be addressed when the specials are figured out and you can shield the pikmin in the beginning. This is still a very early build.

For the record I also like how b and side work together and would be fine if you left it like that
That breaks my shield :(.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Shield then roll, you have to be quick. Tbh even though it's a glitch I think it's fun, it's like think fast or lose a stock.
*shrug* maybe I'm just wierd

pedro702

Smash Cadet
for what i see in this beta the problem is the specials because when i press b most of the times the bomb explode on my back :S maybe asking someone whos pro at psa so that atleast when we generate bombs they dont blow on us before we trow them xD

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I wasn't using 0B at all. I was just mimicking what brawl minus did with the 15 - if article exists. It just doesn't want to work for me though. At first it worked but only allowed one hitbox to actually show up and then as I tried more and more different settings, it just stopped working altogether. Not sure what happened but its a bit of an issue. I'm more worried about getting the specials to do what I want.

@SDo0m
No, I just made the flags say to give an explosion effect. It was working pretty well until the hitboxes stopped showing up. What are the problems with only using 2 digits?
There's a bit somewhere in there that controls whether a hitbox can hit aerial foes, grounded foes, both or neither. Basically, at the moment because you only have 2 digits, this bit is set to zero (i.e. it hits neither aerial nor grounded enemies). I recommend copying and pasting a working 8 digit flag set, then change the last two digits to the explosive flags.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
There's a bit somewhere in there that controls whether a hitbox can hit aerial foes, grounded foes, both or neither. Basically, at the moment because you only have 2 digits, this bit is set to zero (i.e. it hits neither aerial nor grounded enemies). I recommend copying and pasting a working 8 digit flag set, then change the last two digits to the explosive flags.
Thats odd, the other attacks are set up the same way and they work just fine. I'll go ahead and try that though, thanks.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Nope, otherwise the neutral B would be finished. I don't have the knowledge to call upon certain Pikmin animations in PSA (Such as running, which is what we'd need.)

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Ongoing and by that I mean really pewpy until I can learn some more about article hacking. Otherwise I may just make him throw the bomb items and possibly modify those a tiny bit...

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
There's really no point in uploading to brawl vault with the little that I've done though I may copy this thread over to Kc-mm just like MarioDK said.

I'll get around to working on this some more sooner or later, still haven't had much time but unless anyone else can work with Olimars articles with me I'm just going to do something similiar to a few different Tails hacks I've seen. I'm going to make bomberman throw Toon Links bombs with over-B and make his neutral B set down a bomb omb (That I'm going to change into a bomberman bomb with no legs.) and have it slide forward.

We'll see how it goes. I still need to redo a few animations and I still have to keep up with what we're doing in project Klonoa, just waiting on that hammer and possibly a board.

megaminerzero

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that the original Bomberman beta had some things in it that made it broken. I've fixed a few of these things to make him more playable. If these fixes sound interesting to you, maybe I'll tell you what I fixed. Full credit to the original creator of the files. Go Bomberman! :bee:

P.S. I am NOT advertising!

megaminerzero

Smash Rookie
STILL NOT ADVERTISING!!! But okay.

*Fixed final smash.
*Gave him taunts.
*His ship is now GOLD!!! :awesome:
*Added victory poses.
*Removed sfx for neutral B (No annoying pikmin sound).
*Grabbing's still broken, but that's pretty much the only problem.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Lol none of those were even a problem just yet XD but okay. What exactly did you do to the final smash and is there anyway you could send me the animation files to the new taunts and victory poses?

Edit: Nvm I just realized you sent me a PM

megaminerzero

Smash Rookie
(To those who don't know what was wron with the final smash)
Bomberman's animation file was missing some animations, which made him freeze whenever he used his final smash. I simply added those missing animations. I also made Bomberman's victory poses so they weren't all Mario's. Please note I'm not a guy who can make animations and they're all taken from Fox, Captain Falcon, and Olimar (yes, Frosty. I've changed a few things since the PM). All I was trying to do was make the character more playable. Full credit goes to Frostymm and Starwaffle for this awesome mod!

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
So recently I actually did something with bomberman.

1. I made the over special throw Links bombs.
2. I made the down special place a pikmin(Bomb).
3. I made it so that only one Pikmin could be put down at a time.
4. I made it so that if you used down special while a Pikmin was already there, it would explode.
5. I made the regular bombs you use in attacks black.

Pretty decent progress I think but I'm still running into a few issues.

1. Right after you place the Pikmin down its called to you. (Which wouldn't be a problem if the pikmin didn't take a few seconds in the air to come down to your position)
2. The Pikmin are all still different elements and I need to edit them a bunch.
- Need them all to be regular explosions
- Need a new model for remote bomb
- Need them to not explode for a long time (Currently they're on a timer)
- Need them to not walk or follow Bomberman in any way. They still seem to teleport to him if he uses an attack near them.
3. I need to edit bob-omb to look like a regular bomb and walk forward decently quickly until colliding with another character and the blast to be greatly reduced. I want to use it as Bombermans neutral special; bomb kick.
4. No throws work. You can grab, and grab attack but once you throw Bomberman just freezes until the opponent breaks out.

If anyone can help me with this itd be greatly appreciated ^^'

Edit: Tak fixing all of the smashes onto that list. I finally figured out why they weren't working... Thank you Eternal Yoshi, even when you aren't here you're still helping me.

That was just a copy of my post on Kc-mm. As for everyone here, I'm not quite willing to send out files just yet but it'd be a big help if you guys could tell me how to fix some of this stuff listed or if anyone knows how to make that bob-omb work like I want there's really no file I need to send for that.

As far as his victory poses go I was planning on making them all from scratch once I got done with the important stuff ^^'

Nukick

Smash Rookie
When ever i use Natural-B, Tilt-B, or the dash attack my game freezes. I'm using project M. PSA looks Great though, love the idea!

Top Bottom