• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project 64k - How to use two local controllers for a friend?

ownage

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering if it is common (or even possible) to have a local friend play with you online for team battle using Project 64k? I read from someone that this is possible with N-Rage's controller plugin, however I've been using Jabo's DirectInput 7 1.6.1 because for some reason, N-Rage cannot identify my controller when I try to assign keys. It could be that my adapters are old-- I have those old blue PSX&N64->USB adapters from around 2008 so may invest in a Raphnet.

Can anyone verify which controller plugins are capable of allowing multiple local controllers in netplay?

Thanks

ownage

Smash Rookie
Update: I installed PJ64k Core 2.2 and N-Rage 2.4.0.3 is working with my adapter. I also invested in a Raphnet which is on the way...

Can anyone verify that two controllers on the same computer is possible through NetPlay?

Morin0

Smash Lord
local multiplayer is possible
online local multiplayer is not possible unless there's a PC for each instance of the emulator. The only notable players that did this are AFT and Abel who would both play online from the same connection but different PCs.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
local multiplayer is possible.
You're WRONG.

Isai @malva00 @malva had a Japanese modified PJ64k that would allow you to play with P2/P3/P4 while connecting to kaillera. I think it only worked if your irl buddy uses P3/P4 because oyu cant have the Kaillera player take their spot or it wont work.

Morin0

Smash Lord
You're WRONG.

Isai @malva00 @malva had a Japanese modified PJ64k that would allow you to play with P2/P3/P4 while connecting to kaillera. I think it only worked if your irl buddy uses P3/P4 because oyu cant have the Kaillera player take their spot or it wont work.
You sure know a lot for someone who is relatively new, Uair. :) rofl at recalling isai having a modified japanese pj64k

Also, by local player I meant offline emu multiplayer, and I believe that's POSSIBLE.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
You sure know a lot for someone who is relatively new, Uair. :) rofl at recalling isai having a modified japanese pj64k

Also, by local player I meant offline emu multiplayer, and I believe that's POSSIBLE.
There was a japanese site, @malva00 should remember, and the **** did something to the emulator that allowed you to have a 2nd/3rd player connect to kaillera with you locally.

If you don't understand.... Offline where you can have 4 players locally, you could go online with those same 4 players and play over kaillera. Meaning..... you can have multiple people play over the same Kaillera client on your computer. So you don't have to open a second emulator up with a secondary input plugin.

I'm not new, I've been playing smash for years.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I know what you're talking about. Really? What tag did you use? I've been around for a while.
Haven't played online much until recently. I used to play off and on back in the day but I don't remember what name I used it was random.

ownage

Smash Rookie
online local multiplayer is not possible unless there's a PC for each instance of the emulator. The only notable players that did this are AFT and Abel who would both play online from the same connection but different PCs.
So Morin0, is it safe to say everything would work fine if there are two computers running on the same connection?

There was a japanese site, @malva00 should remember, and the **** did something to the emulator that allowed you to have a 2nd/3rd player connect to kaillera with you locally.

If you don't understand.... Offline where you can have 4 players locally, you could go online with those same 4 players and play over kaillera. Meaning..... you can have multiple people play over the same Kaillera client on your computer. So you don't have to open a second emulator up with a secondary input plugin.
So Uair, do you have any other information about this other version of PJ64k? If not, this is useless to me. Where can I download it? Would it allow others with the regular PJ64k to play in the same game & without desync?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
So Morin0, is it safe to say everything would work fine if there are two computers running on the same connection?

So Uair, do you have any other information about this other version of PJ64k? If not, this is useless to me. Where can I download it? Would it allow others with the regular PJ64k to play in the same game & without desync?
I don't remember. Best bet is to get into contact with isai and ask him.

Top Bottom