• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

project 64k help

wasted

Smash Rookie
I have a question. Every time I start a game in project64k it makes a beeping sound when I highlight the title, then if I launch it the game will just crash. I have tried searching and couldn't find any results. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

wasted

Smash Rookie
Yes I cant get offline games started either. Right before the game starts, the emulator just crashes.

(I followed the SSB64 online guide exactly and it still wont work)

Thino

Smash Master
then try changing your video plugin , if you can get a video plugin to work offline you should just rename it to JaboDirect3d7.dll to work online.
or you can try mupen

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
The world of PJ64K is a crash, welcome to Vista... may we point you to Mupen?

wasted

Smash Rookie
I see. What is the IP for smash players on Mupen? And do most people use 6.0 or the 0.7.9?

wasted

Smash Rookie
I have tried Direct64, Rice Video, and GLN64. All of these run great offline. When I get online though, only one has worked, and when I join games i get about 5 FPS (yes, all of my programs are closed and I'm not downloading anything). Does anyone recommend a good graphics plugin?

Thino

Smash Master
try jabo d3d8 too if this one doesnt work try mupen , if mupen doesnt work then check ur playing in in a good server with connection set to "good" and with someone with a good connection too otherwise you'll both lag

wasted

Smash Rookie
Jabo d3d8 crashes once I join an online game. Any other suggestions? I'm so pissed I used to be able to play on my old computer until I bought this lame laptop

Zantetsu

Smash Master
No one has said this yet? Wow...

Try updating your graphics card before anything. Then try different plugins. >_<

mmsven from another forum. said:
So heres something for the many people who are having problems concerning their graphics and need an update.

First find out which company made your graphics card, look on the box or ask someone to find out, then go to the official site and download the newest graphics drivers available. At this point your going to want to set up a restore point incase something goes wrong, click the start button and go to "Help and support" then click "Undo changes to your computer with System Restore" and create the restore point. Now uninstall the current graphics drivers you are using in Control panel/Add or remove programs, restart your computer. You will notice that you are running at a low resolution and graphics load slow after that, this is normal. Now disable your firewall and install the new graphics drivers, then restart again. Now your graphics will run superb but you have to check one thing, go to your System properties/Hardware/Device manager, you should see a Display adapters device, if there is more then one display adapter in it you should disable the one you don't want. Now games and everything should run good.

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. I'm using Windows XP, If theres a different process for other O/S then please post it here.

wasted

Smash Rookie
graphics card is updated, online play just crashes now instead of lags

wasted

Smash Rookie
Mupen64k works I just can't find a server with people who use it....as I stated earlier does anyone have a good IP? I renamed the files but when I go to the graphics plugins they just change to their original names. I have Kaillera client V0.9

wasted

Smash Rookie
I finally got it running, and instead of 5 FPS it jumps from 30-60 but mostly stays in the 30 areas. Any ideas from here?

Top Bottom