• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Program to track tournies and their stats

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
I'm planning to create a program based around melee tournaments and their statistics. Below I'll include a small description of planned things that I've written previously.

If you are a coder, have a math background (especially statistics) or are just an experienced player that can offer input on the ranking system I am designing please respond here. I will add you to the conversation on here that we have going.

Description:
The program will be implemented almost fully in C#, probably strictly in C#, unless I find some better Geographical/GPS API's or some type of Challonge web-based API.

Hey ,just wanted to let you know that I am going to start implementing a program tracker of sorts soon.The goal is to have an accurate record of who is winning, where, with what characters. Basically, each tournament will be an object, and after adding a new tournament the system will re-calculate some statistics basic on the new additions. I'm probably going to add a weight to each character AND player's placing in the tournaments. I figured this way no one will have to calculate stats by hand (meaning the stats will actually get calculated haha). It shouldn't take too long to implement. The hardest part will be the UI, I think.

Any specific features you would like implemented? Such as a by-region classification for players that can calculate player ranking by region based on some formula? Or a certain statistic? Anything you can think of just let me know, and I will let you know if it is feasible or not.

Oh yeah, I am going to add a region density to it. In other words, I will give each player a location geographically, trying to be as specific as possible each time. This way I can (try) to generate a chart that will show TO's where all the players in their region and surrounding regions actually live, so they can try to pick the most central venue possible. It will probably take a while to implement this, and it will surely be one of the last features.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I would get in touch with "Sveet". I think he's already working on something like this to be integrated directly into SmashBoards.

Top Bottom