• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with yoshi

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
so my brother plays Yoshi and I play Falco I tried so many times but Yoshi is impossible to kill at a low to high percent I got a couple kills edge shining and shine into dair spike and thats about it but he adapted to that

by the way this is Project M im talking about

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i would definitely recommend watching some of the top falcos play. even from melee (since falco hasnt really changed). It wont take you long to figure out what youre doing wrong if you just watch how their falcos carry from neutral > combo > kill. If youre having trouble killing with falco, youre probably doing it wrong, so all it might take is a bit of an adjustment to snap into gear. even against yoshi, you should have no problem comboing him pretty hard and getting a solid dair spike or fsmash to finish him.

In fact, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekmOPW73hA. this is specifically the MU youre talking about. maybe you can grab some insight from this. Notice that the falco does struggle against the yoshi, however, it doesnt take much effort at all for him to even the stocks out. once you get to the 4th match, you can see that the falco really started to get comfortable, and shut down the yoshi pretty cleanly. granted this is melee, but still its a pretty good starting point. Im sure there PM videos you can find too of this MU

Last edited:
Top Bottom