• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with Shiek.

Solid Cake

Smash Cadet
I've been having problems with shiek lately, and I don't understand. I usually do fine with Shiek but every now and then a embarassing loss will come up. Any advice, preferably a counter to the F-air, besides the obvious knee.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
I like to use uair against a fair of a shiek due to its large coverage and that it comes out fast than a knee. Also shiek can be comboed with nairs and uairs. If you can spot needles its good to overB to go under the needle and hit the shiek in her lag. There should be some threads you can look up for more info on the match up.

::~Hax~::

Smash Apprentice
jabs, grabs etc. are the way to go. grab at 0 and chainthrow to 20ish, can go into nair if they don't di.

lategame dthrow techchases amazingly well so make use of that. dair hurts her shield and you can jab right after a dair so you don't get shieldgrabbed; also be sure to space everything such as dair, nair, etc. only attempt a knee when you're absolutely sure they won't escape.

be sure to shieldgrab dash-attacks, and never be too predictable while techchasing, or while being techchased since sheik is an amazing techchaser as well, though not as good as falcon since he has 2 useful grabs at his disposal. gl

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
sheik is a pretty bad matchup for falcon. he gets owned by needles; as far as spotting them, easier said than done. besides even if you do the raptor punch sheik can just needles cancel and shield grab.

ehjay111

Smash Apprentice
I have great success with the dair off the edge vs a sheik. You have a great hit box and can make for some low% ko. Also sheiks u air takes a while to recover from so if they do attempt a u air and are succesful they might be to low to recover or you can edge hog. Also if your opponent likes to sg i like to use the nair. The first hit lowers their shield and the second can sometimes hit the top of their head. after that of course ff, and l cancel to jab. I dont mind the matchup vs sheik. Its a really combo oriented match up and you need to get the best of it.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's becoming my secondacy/3rd main....
I figured ( along with many people)
The best way to fight a character is to try playing with the character first

But Falcon can easily Uair Dair Fair Shieks Fair ( not shieks uair though or Bair)
Moonwalk/Wavedash (mind...MINDGAMES!!!!)/ dashdance/DDmoonwalk a lot?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Play slower than normal and be fast when it counts. Make good use of your full jump if you want to do aerials. Nair is ... pretty useless unless it's in a combo, same with the knee, and your D-air is limited when Sheik is paying attention to spacing. B-air is a solid priority and speed move, and learning to combo out of it is semi-money. Also, never attempt to just jump at Sheik and do ****, you'll get owned.

Other than that, Sheik ***** Falcon, so don't mess around. You have to be PATIENT, get alot of grabs, and kill at low percents. Ya'll should know how to edgeguard Sheik - just edgehog and knee or forward smash all day.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Oh and another word. Falcon has high proirity with his Short Long hop /Knee.
Best used after shieks double jump.

:O I loves sheik a lot but God I hate Ftilt spammers

technomancer

Smash Champion
Oh and another word. Falcon has high proirity with his Short Long hop /Knee.
Best used after shieks double jump.

:O I loves sheik a lot but God I hate Ftilt spammers
Ftilt, fair, nair, jab and needles **** your knee all day, as does sheildgrabbing. The best time to spot a knee is right as Sheik is double jumping, as you mentioned, when she is NOT doing any moves, however, if you can pull this off, why not just do a safer Uair and combo into a knee?

Top Bottom