• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with Project M 3.2

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Hello! Please i have a problem, first i saw the new version, so i decided to download it then i finished everything were ok, then i went to stage builder and there was the new Menu but when i selected PLAY,the screen become black so i think that it crash, i downloaded again but the same happens to me.....HEEELP :urg:

MrGameCrazy

Smash Cadet
What it's supposed to do while the screen is black is that the Wii loads the game again, activating Project M in the process. If by going black you mean it doesn't do anything after pressing play, then I don't know what's giving you trouble.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
What it's supposed to do while the screen is black is that the Wii loads the game again, activating Project M in the process. If by going black you mean it doesn't do anything after pressing play, then I don't know what's giving you trouble.
Nothing happens when the screen is black... :(

MadScience

Smash Rookie
The same thing is happening to me. Is this a common bug for people downloading PM recently?

Rothuith

Smash Cadet

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER

MadScience

Smash Rookie
Hello!

For both the OP and you I have a link that's going to help you out, I wrote a guide on how to install PM, if I were you, i'd follow all the steps to download and install and you'll see you'll have PM on your Wii in no time!

Here is the link; http://smashboards.com/threads/guide-unofficial-how-to-install-project-m-for-dummies.346200/
I followed the guide and I am still running in to the same problem. If it matters, when I check the "About" section on the launch screen, it says "Unknown: on the Project M version and Project M codeset portions.

Last edited:

Rothuith

Smash Cadet
I followed the guide and I am still running in to the same problem. If it matters, when I check the "About" section on the launch screen, it says "Unknown: on the Project M version and Project M codeset portions.
Check the post on the other thread please.

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Mad science I had the same problem. I figured out my wi-fi and updated my wii. I also updated 3.02 in my launcher and then restarted. It worked after that. I don't know if you will be able to find a solution without finding a way to connect to wi-fi

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Mad science I had the same problem. I figured out my wi-fi and updated my wii. I also updated 3.02 in my launcher and then restarted. It worked after that. I don't know if you will be able to find a solution without finding a way to connect to wi-fi
I have wi fi..

Rothuith

Smash Cadet
Did you try upgrading your Wii to latest version? What SD Card are you using? Is it PNY?

Rothuith

Smash Cadet
Did you try upgrading your Wii to latest version? What SD Card are you using? Is it PNY?

EDIT: I am on the ProjectM IRC if you wanna drop by: http://irc.lc/gamesurge/projectm

Feetuscannon

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem. I get to the launcher fine, but when I select play the screen goes black and nothing happens...

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Tried running this on my Wii and it worked first try, although my Wii's disc drive is apparently going so I can't get it to read the Brawl disc again...but now that I'm trying to run it on my friend's Wii, it's not working at all. Wii is updated to the most recent version, SD card is clear of everything but the Project M related stuff, followed everything in the troubleshooting guide but nothing. I even redownloaded the Project M files from the site just to make sure it wasn't that.

Updated on the Project M launcher too, but as soon as I hit play, it goes to a black screen before returning me to the Wii menu. I'm at wit's end with this as everything -seems- like it should be working properly.

FarruXtreme

Smash Rookie
I have this problem: I follow many tutorials but when I go to the scenario editor does not execute the PM please help

Swedish Samurai

Smash Rookie
Marth Trinity, i have that same problem. I have litterally tried everything, followed the installations to the letter. Tried it updated and not updated, wifi and no wifi. etc. I have the correct SD card, correct setup.

I think i know the issue though. Older wii's read the SSBB disk slower because it is double layered. How to get past that. I don't know, the gecko file isn't doing me much justice either.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Emmm...o solved this like 4 months ago, the solution was super stupid....i forgot to turn off the lock button, so it didn't respond i switched to off again and it worked...so yeah.

Top Bottom