• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with Pit

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
I know that Falco supposedly has an advantage over him, but Pit is always a problem to me.

-I can't SHFFDA; Pit uses his uSmash
-I can't Laser spam; Pit reflects
-I can't spam "Falco Phantasm"; Pit uses his side B.
-I can't chain grab; even without mistakes, Pit escapes. Pillaring doesn't work either.

Anyone, anything? Thanks.

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
Honestly I have the same problems with Pit. The only advice I can give you is to predict Pit's moves, and punish him when you see the opportune moment. Just make sure to time your attacks and keep your distance, while periodically throwing out your shine.

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
So I guess I just have to be patient and not get hit; common sense, but It's really hard for me to play defensively. Any other suggestions?

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
well vs projectile players i use a variation of 3 things from SH, shdl, sh single laser and just sh shine. if opponent is going wild with projectiles i short hop reflect a few times. then single laser to shine if then delay their projectile. if they try to approach i shdl with the option to shine, smash or grab depending on how they approach and how close they are. i never tried this vs pit but it works well vs wolf and pikachu.

Icantlos

Smash Rookie
You can't really chain throw Pit, but the dthrow still leads to a fairly consistent up smash, which you can combo decently well.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is what I try vs. Pit and it seems to work fairly well...
You can start out with a few SHDL or SHL... but after he starts to use down or side b you should stop and fight most of the rest of the match close up... with a few random lasers now and then...
Fsmash kills Pit at fairly low-medium percentages... However, if it doesn't, I like to stop him from coming back on the edge with lasers- which seem to work better than going off the edge...
Chaingrabbing is tough vs pit, but I find that it's pretty easy to shield grab him and chain it into an Up smash like Icanlos said...
Reflector works well, and don't try to spike off the edge unless he's used up-b... he won't be able to avoid it unless he dodges or tries to hit u, in which his wings will disappear and he'll be vulnerable

Sorry for the long post... a lot of stuff... haha

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
If he projectile spams, spot dodge until he gets bored. When he gets reckless, punish him for it.

Keyblade-Dude

Smash Rookie
Personally you have to prefer the air for pit. While side B is going on jump air dodge land and combo then put space between you and him. Then he'll shoot an arrow for sure in which case you Reflect.

Top Bottom