• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

problems with fox

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
i have been having problems fighting fox, most of the time i will go ganon and i will not have a problem but i try to get better with my G&W. does anyone have any stage counter picks i can do or any other tips vs fox.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
i have been having problems fighting fox, most of the time i will go ganon and i will not have a problem but i try to get better with my G&W. does anyone have any stage counter picks i can do or any other tips vs fox.

You really shouldn't have any problem with Fox. GAW can chain throw him, u-tilt him to a very high precentage, and he has bitey and the f-air. and the d-tilt.

i like DK 64 and Dreamland but that is just me.

alphameric

Smash Ace
^ Yea, try and pick stages with BIG ceilings DK/DL64 since fox's primary way of killing GAW is by upkick or uair.

My only real suggestion is try to anticipated and avoid shines (thunders combo, gimps), and you should be pretty good for the most part.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Look for stages that you can't die to fast (fox can KO G&W at 60% on yoshi's island and FoD) Dream Land or Kongo are ok, be ready to DI up smash and the up throw cause those **** G&W so badly. The match up is not terrible but fox has the advantage because of the speed and gayness(laser,up smashes,etc.) you want to cg him and combo him to death if possible don't go rush him if he spams lasers you've got to think what you're doing and go always with some sort of strategy and watch out for shine spikes ^^

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
If you get him off the edge, he's screwed. His recovery is easily pan-spiked, which leads to early stocks. Just beware of his uthrow because Uair juggles are hell. Keys should stop them dead though. I find GaW vs Fox to be a fun match-up. Still in Fox's favor but not entirely one-sided. They both destroy each other pretty well.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Chain grabbing is easy against spacies but when your being attacked lets hope you can sweet spot and DI well :p

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
yeah definitely use the d-tilt, using it at high % will make them go flying ,also use it for edge guarding

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
For me FD is a bad place for a really good fox player. You can't really grab them because the will out space you and take advantage of how slow you are. they will also shine the crap outt of you. Even though yoshi's story has a small sky box, I do a lot better in playing good fox' there.

Also(If it is a really good and technical fox player), do not stand there and try to shield grab. you will be punished for it.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Ban FD, or Corneria if they don't allow banning of neutrals. Be very careful off the edge vs. a Fox, shine spikes suck..

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
OMG my G&W has gotten leagues better because of this thread! Fox is no longer a problem for me even on a small stage such as yoshi story due to being able to double fairing him into death. now i have to worry about sheiks and marths but i will let my ganon deal with them. THNX GUYS FOR THE HELP V^^

Top Bottom