• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems up + B ing out of sheild

Hostility

Smash Ace
I just switched to samus from fox about a couple weeks ago and I've been improving substantially since then with samus. However one thing I miss is the sheild grab. since samus's grab is far slower than foxes and leaves you open if you miss, i've been trying to replace that with the up b out of my sheild. the problem I have is that I can't do it instantly, there is usually a couple frames where I'm jumping and not doing the up b.

My method is holding the R button and then just doing the up b. Is there anything I'm missing? or do I simply have to work on the timing with my fingers a bit more?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
As you describe it, I can tell you you're shielding, hitting up, and then hitting B to screw attack. You're just waiting too long to hit B, hit it AS you hit up.

Top Bottom