• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems finding competition

MattyBoi

Smash Rookie
Alright, I've been playing Melee since the game came out but only started playing "competitively" about two years ago or so. I met somebody at work who showed me the advanced techniques as well as Wak's advanced videos and, seeing how I love to improve and love Melee, I couldn't help but practice and practice and practice.

Now, here's my problem, this person I met moved about a year ago and, since then, I've easily crushed all competition I have at work and, unfortunately, none of my friends are motivated to play competitively and I find myself unable to sharpen my skills. I'm basically stuck fighting people who still haven't learned to shield-grab save for a few exceptions but nobody who can even fully implement wavedashes into their game which I have done long ago. I want to find out if there are people in my area that would be interested in helping me practice. Plus, its always nice to meet new people ;-).

I live in Mirabel, St-Canut, near St-Jérôme, about 45 minutes from Montreal. If you're interested, please reply or send me a PM.

Thanks for your time and the more that reply the better. I really need experience to improve right now so help me out 'kay?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It's always nice to hear from a melee player. :]

Well, seeing as how you live near Montreal, you're pretty lucky. Quebec in general has, arguably, the best canadian players.

If you haven't yet, introduce yourself in this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=35671
It's the Montreal social thread, so you'll be able to find some smashers who live near you, as well as upcoming smashfests, tournaments and gatherings.

Also, you could check this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90446
There's a weekly tournament there in Montreal, so you'll be improve fairly quickly with all the practice.

Seeing as how your friend knew about advanced techniques etc, does he frequent the boards? Perhaps if you introduce your friend by his alias, someone in the Montreal thread might recognize him.

MattyBoi

Smash Rookie
Hello,

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. And no, I don't know his alias, only his IRL name which I'd rather not just mention on a forum you know. But I do know that he played ALOT with pkmvodka and that I played him a couple of times too (needless to say, I got slaughtered) so I know that I still have ALOT to improve.

Cheers,
Mat

MattyBoi

Smash Rookie
lol pkmvodka moar liek pkmrape

welcome!
Indeed, just played with him again today.... and again, got owned lol. Still, I learned a few things from playing him that I'll have to put in practice and I'll try to play him regularly so I get better too.

More to come!

Top Bottom