• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems doing Instant Reversal Aerials

KingKCruel

Smash Rookie
Hello all, first time posting here. I tried searching through the threads but I didn't find an answer for my question yet (sorry ahead of time if this has been asked to death). I am trying to do reverse bairs and while i can get the input 70% of the time, i will also get reverse fairs or just a straight up fair (both during my foxtrot or when i am walking). I was wondering if this is due to the increased buffer, and how people are going about this to get there inputs out more consistently. *I have tried doing my inputs via claw method and trigger jump, and still have the same problem (Not sure how far off my inputs are; that is to say there may be some overall?*

Anyways thanks ahead of time :)

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
You know, I have exactly the same problem with instant short hop bairs. Standing still is no problem, but trying to run up into a reverse aerial rush ends up throwing out Fair more often than not. This kinda sucks when you're trying to get a nice quick kill move but then end up with fair instead.

I find that when running up on your opponent it tends to be much more reliable if you just do a regular reverse short hop aerial (like you might have done in Smash 4) than if you use the jump+attack shortcut.

There's also a frame-perfect method to reverse-aerial by inputting a tilt followed by a jump and then directional input, and you can actually get a little boost if you use it out of dash, but I don't consider frame-perfect stuff all that reliable.

Top Bottom