• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem with ditto matches

Aayla

Smash Cadet
Guys I need your suggestions: Mario is my main (also in Melee). Every time I play a ditto match I seem to lose all my skills. Playing against other Mario gets me in a whirl, sometimes I confuse my character (for just a second but that's terrible) with the other one and that's quite embarrassing. I'm not so noob, I started playing smash 3 years ago and in the first times I hoped this problem would get better but.. Well that's always the same. Suggestions? Do I need to be locked in psychiatric hospital?

Thank you for your advices and sorry for my language mistakes.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Dittos don't mean anything but I understand that you want to get better. The only thing you can really do is keep practicing, but you shouldn't be getting Mario's confused like that if you've been playing for 3 years.

Aayla

Smash Cadet
Dittos don't mean anything but I understand that you want to get better. The only thing you can really do is keep practicing, but you shouldn't be getting Mario's confused like that if you've been playing for 3 years.
Actually the situation got a little better in the last months but since I'm also becoming better in general also a little moment of confusion in a match is quite annoying.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario dittos can be either really boring or relatively interesting, really depends on what kind of Mario player you are and are up against. I'll tell you this much though, camping wars in Mario dittos are gay, really gay.

Aayla

Smash Cadet
Mario dittos can be either really boring or relatively interesting, really depends on what kind of Mario player you are and are up against. I'll tell you this much though, camping wars in Mario dittos are gay, really gay.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks xD

Famous

Smash Champion
I never use fireballs in dittos...As a matter of fact, I never use fireballs for characters that are relatively easy to approach

Geou

Smash Apprentice
If your opponent is standing and fireballing, cape them and camp back. If he's approaching, then have at it. I suggest full-jumping B-Airs to beat their inevitable short-hopped B-Airs.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
mario dittos...... fireball spam. nao
That's my biggest problem in ditto matches... Once I get to the other Mario, I'll combo him like crazy, but a Mario who knows how to spam effectively wrecks me in dittos...

Aayla

Smash Cadet
If your opponent is standing and fireballing, cape them and camp back. If he's approaching, then have at it. I suggest full-jumping B-Airs to beat their inevitable short-hopped B-Airs.
That's a good suggestion, thank you. I'll try as soon as possible : )

Aayla

Smash Cadet
also zssamus ditto wreks me xD

however ic dittos are quite funny

Famous

Smash Champion
Dittos are really fun depending on who you are playing...

I played Kirin this weekend, so fun.
lol, I played Boss too...though they were Luigi dittos

Top Bottom