• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem vs Sheik

phantoon

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I got stumped the other day against a good Sheik in FG, it was the campy annoying one with all the needles kind of Sheik. I felt quite powerless because every time i tried to approach with bair, that disjointed fair of hers easily beat it and it was a chore to even approach because needles. Overall, it was a mess. What tips do you have to offer against Sheik players and especially campy Sheik players? Thank you all beforehand.

Folie

Smash Apprentice
FG is a different beast than regular competitive smash so the MU isn't as bad as it is at higher levels but it's still kinda crappy. You want to stay on the ground for the most part because any aerials are a free needle punish, and you want to try to bait out defensive options that you can punish from there with grabs, jab, dash attack, and usmash. On online, you're probably gonna want to preemptively anticipate needles and shield ahead of time. Overall, if they're playing campy, you're forced to use what tools you can to approach because you can't really play campy vs sheik unless you have a lead, but even then it's still hard.

Last edited:

steuben

Smash Cadet
NNID
steuben
Switch FC
SW-3172-1265-3244
also, never, ever try to shieldgrab her fair. somehow it has such non-existent landing lag that (online, anyway, unless you perfectly compensate for frame lag) her jab after landing comes out faster than my grab.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
In general, if they're top level, you're ****ed. Sorry. The best you can do is get hard reads and bucket the recovery.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
If you manage to get her off stage you can bucket her up b from the ledge if she is high enough

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
Getting a decent Sheik offstage is such a massive pain to boot. G&W's neutral problems just get magnified by a factor of 10.

Top Bottom