• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem installing 20XX 4.05

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
As the title states, Ive tried installing 20XX 4.05, and have so far not been successful. This is what I've done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azSUuNhfIkQ I used this video.

1. I have homebrewed my wii before. I deleted homebrew channel to start from scratch.
2. Formatted 2GB SD card (not an SDHC card), the only thing I changed was Fat-->Fat32
3. SD card is blank
4. Downloaded letterbomb from the correct website, please.hackmii.com, (Hackmii installer bundled) using my correct MAC address (My wii is white, version is 4.3U, fully updated. I checked.) to the root of my SD card. Safely removed SD card.
5. Plugged in SD card to wii, got the letterbomb message on "today's messages".
6. It said Homebrew can be installed, Bootmii can only be installed as IOS (is my wii too new?)
7. Installed Homebrew, installed bootmii as IOS. Exited and turned off wii.
8. put all the contents of the Nintendont 20xx 4.05 .zip file (games folder, controllers folder, apps folder, nincfg.bin) onto the root of my SD card. The link to this file is in the description of the video.
9. put SD card back in wii (safely removed from laptop)
10. went to homebrew channel, tried to load Nintendont
11. "Failed to load Kernel from NAND!" Then it goes back to the homebrew channel.

Any Ideas of what the problem might be?

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
Install latest IOS58
How does one go about that? I searched online, and it said to download IOS58 installer and put the files on my SD card. I did so, and went to the Homebrew channel to run the installer, but I don't see any option to.

Doq

Smash Lord
How does one go about that? I searched online, and it said to download IOS58 installer and put the files on my SD card. I did so, and went to the Homebrew channel to run the installer, but I don't see any option to.
You have to use NUS Downloader to get the latest IOS58, then install with WAD Manager.

D

Deleted member 269706

Do you need to use IOS58 to use Nintendont? To my knowledge you don't unless you want to use a USB loader.

Also why did you zip the folder? I've never used a .zip or any compression type to run with Nintendont before...Do you have the right file tree set up for your game? Games > 20XX > game.iso ? If you need I can post a few screenshots of what my folders look like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doq

Smash Lord
Do you need to use IOS58 to use Nintendont? To my knowledge you don't unless you want to use a USB loader.

Also why did you zip the folder? I've never used a .zip or any compression type to run with Nintendont before...Do you have the right file tree set up for your game? Games > 20XX > game.iso ? If you need I can post a few screenshots of what my folders look like.
It's required for USB2.0 support and faster SD read speeds which Nintendont needs.

ImaginativeCorp

Smash Rookie
I can't get 20XX or any other Melee mod for that matter to run on my USB. It's a brand new USB and I simply copied everything from my old USB on to the new one. (the old one was able to boot 20XX).
And it doesn't seem like the USB is incompatible, because I was able to boot and play Mario Party 5 on it.

When I attempt to boot 20XX through Nintendont it pauses on the script "Inititing Storage devices"

*EDIT: well now Mario Party 5 doesn't work.

Top Bottom