• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pro

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yes; you accelerate forward faster and potentially cover his roll behind you with a strong option for following up.

I've been doing this for a little while now. It's no godsend by any means, but it's certainly useful to throw out here and there.

SAX

Smash Ace
ITT: people who dont understand how retardedly fast a 22 frame roll is

upb is a terrible mixup that only works against the most ridiculous sort of scrub, i dont understand why people fail to recognize how a move with that much hitlag and that many hits is even remotely viable, regardless of how fast it is out of shield
I guess once I start playing better snakes I'll understand.

But you know, it's not like HRNut is good or anything like that. Not at all.

His snake is so free. :troll:

And it's really not THAT hard to react to. I'm not saying it's the easiest thing to do in the game, but you can definitely punish it with a B-reverse bite or a turn around grab.

Now, if you're talking about when he rolls behind you when he initiated the roll when standing right in front of you, I can understand where you are coming from. Then you can just jump away. It's just reaction time and memory about knowing how far his roll will send him behind you. You can definitely react to it. At least I know I do now. But maybe I just play mk's with bad reaction time after their back roll. Who knows lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And it's really not THAT hard to react to. I'm not saying it's the easiest thing to do in the game, but you can definitely punish it with a B-reverse bite or a turn around grab.

Now, if you're talking about when he rolls behind you when he initiated the roll when standing right in front of you, I can understand where you are coming from. Then you can just jump away. It's just reaction time and memory about knowing how far his roll will send him behind you. You can definitely react to it. At least I know I do now. But maybe I just play mk's with bad reaction time after their back roll. Who knows lol
It's Meta Knight's forward roll that has 22 frames, and you can't reliably prepare for that when you're already trying to avoid his tilts, running grab, D-Smash, and Up-B. You just can't, because the only way to react to that roll fast enough is by ignoring every other possible option and reacting to Meta Knight's moving at all, which is a hard read.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Pretty sure his forward roll is 23 frames, not 22

Just saying :x

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather go for a grab than charge a dsmash (unless the wario is in kill %)
Wario lives long so keeping dsmash fresh is important imo
You're right, i guess dthrow>Nair would do a better job.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
i tried that jabbing away thingy, well it wasnt that usefull for me :( but nice for mixing up

Top Bottom