• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Tips on Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhunter143

Smash Rookie
Just like the title says, pro tips on Lucario. If you do not agree with my tips, or felt like im missing something, dont hesitate to say so. However, dont go swearing at me or calling me a noob or something like that. Just trying to help.

1. Lucario is what i like to call... a "basic" character. He has a projectile, an up-close attack, a shield, and like everyone, (with the exception of Yoshi and Jigglypuff) a recovery move. Use these to your advantage. If your opponent stays away from you, use the projectile. Comes close, use the up-close attack. Is reckless, shield him. Also, Lucario has two grabs, which would be his up-close next to the opponent, and the regular Z button grab.

2. Make sure you dodge often using him. He is normally attack by fast and heavy characters, meaning you've got 2/3 the group after you. The reason is because he's not to fast, and his jump is a little "floaty"

3. Unlike most characters, Lucario can do the four basic advantages, which would be Wall Cling, Wall Jump, Crawl, and He/She posses a Spike Move. Use the Wall Cling to stay away from specials (comes in handy in Final Destination, probably the most played track in all of the Super Smash Bros. games) Crawl to duck from ray guns, super scopes, etc. Spike people often. And the wall jump? Rather useless because there are barely any stages that have places for this.

4. Make sure you use his Final Smash during a rough time for opponents. It can easily be dodged by high jumpers. People with too much weight on them will probably get hit, but that really wont matter cause they wont get a lot of knockback as heavy characters.

5. Since Lucario goes to the top of the screen using his Final Smash, you can suicide jump with him to get the Smash Ball.

6. In a four player match, Lucario specializes in kicking ***. Since most of the time, two people are fighting at once, you can jump in using Double Team and send some knockback into them.

7. Not really a tip... but out of general knowledge... Lucario gets more powerful as his damage bar increases... if you didnt know that... you must really suck.

8. Double team can be used at any angle. What do i mean by this? It means you dont always go the opposite way your facing. By tilting the control stick when hit, you can attack in that direction. Useful if you want to hit someone else.

Okay thats all i can think of at the moment. Hope these tips help you out.

iLink

Smash Champion
7. Not really a tip... but out of general knowledge... Lucario gets more powerful as his damage bar increases... if you didnt know that... you must really suck.
Lol

Well for starters, people don't play with items such as scopes or even final smashes.

Second, he does not posses an attack which constitutes as a spike or even a meteor for that matter. I'm assuming you mean you d-air them into the side of the stage which sends them down, which is commonly referred to a stage spike.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Um, Lucario doesn't have a spike move nor are any of these tips going to be used by most of the people on this site, most people here play without items including Smash Balls and matches are generally 1 on 1. I appreciate the enthusiasm but most of this is common knowledge and isn't really deserving of it's own thread, oh well rookie mistake :3

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm gonna have to close this, because it's redundant information (most of this stuff's in the guide and such). As a newcomer, I would look around and gather more info on the character and ask questions in the Quick question, quick answer thread.
Welcome to the Lucario boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom