• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Gaming League Toronto- Brawl- 3 DAY EVENT- February 6th, 7th and 8th

Anth0ny

Smash Master
If there's an official member of PGL or something that would like to make their own thread, please do so. But considering there is nothing right now, and it's pretty close, I'm taking the liberty of making this thread.

Official Website

Schedule? I'm not sure if this is updated for Toronto, or if it is the same for every PGL event.

It says:

Friday

Halo 3 FFA

4:00pm Register I'm guessing this is for all events? We should have a smashfest on this day if there are no setups for us to play on at the venue...

5:00pm Start

Saturday

Halo 3: 10am 2v2 start

Halo 3: 2pm 4v4 Start

Guitar Hero III: 3pm Start

Smash Bros: 4pm Start

Sunday

Halo 3: 10am 2v2 Finals

Guitar Hero III: 12am Start

Halo 3: 1pm 4v4 Finals

Smash Bros: 3pm Start

Brawl singles: $30 (ouch)
Brawl Doubles: $30

1. All players are required to bring their own Wii Controllers or Gamecube Controllers. If the batteries die during play that player cannot pause the game but is responsible to replace them during gameplay.
2. All players and teams must tentatively make their matches, if players are not present the team must forfeit the games they miss in their allotted time slots.
3. Swearing and physical violence will not be tolerated. It will first result in warning, a second warning will result in a loss of forfeit of the game, a third will result in a ban from the tournament.
General rules:
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

TOs must move stages from the starter/counterpick into either the starter or counterpick categories and must move stages from counterpick/banned into either the counterpick or banned categories.

Stages in the Starter/Counter and Counter/Banned list did not receive 2/3 majority, and therefore you are given the option to put those stages in either category, as we did not come to a consensus on it.

The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON
Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

Drekken

Smash Cadet
I went to the one in Montreal [ Novemeber] , I personally enjoyed it. I hope that it will be alot better than Montreal!

I will most likely be there >.>

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I went to the one in Montreal [ Novemeber] , I personally enjoyed it. I hope that it will be alot better than Montreal!

I will most likely be there >.>
It was good? Good lol.

Let's not forget that it probably would have been 100x better if OIN2 wasn't on the same day.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
honestly is this thing turns out like montreal tournament then its going to fail, everyone from SWF in montreal was disappointed with the tournament, it started as a doubled elimination best of 3 matches then they decided to change it in the middle of the tournament and made it best of 1 and a couple of people got screwed because of that, and if I recall the pot was ***** and the winners didn't take the full amount there suppose to have. I don't mean to unhype this tournament or anything, but if it stays the same way it was in montreal then don't have high expectations for it

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So will there not be pools done for this tournament? I probably can't make it anyway due to college though.

SRTM

Smash Ace
3 days? crazy.
I'll have to think about this one.

I have to go on the Friday just to register? that sucks

Top Bottom