• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Pro controller wearing out?

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
I have been using a Wii U pro controller since this game came out, and recently I began having some minor issues with it. Mainly, sometimes I will press the stick hard left of right, and my character would just walk instead of run. It was happening almost every game. At first I thought maybe it was a lag issue, but I started seeing it offline as well. I started using another pro controller over a week ago, and haven't had any issues.

The controller doesn't physically show any signs of wear. The stick still feels exactly like the one on the newer controller. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this with a pro controller? I just wonder if this is going to be a common issue with these controllers, or if mine is just an anomaly.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It's possible that you might have a faulty circuit and/or node in the controller's circuitboard. That's likely the problem if the controller is functioning fine otherwise.

I've heard similar problems from others with their controllers, but it's not as common as some people think. I've had my controller for just as long and it's working fine.

You probably just got bad luck of the draw with your controller.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I have been using a Wii U pro controller since this game came out, and recently I began having some minor issues with it. Mainly, sometimes I will press the stick hard left of right, and my character would just walk instead of run. It was happening almost every game. At first I thought maybe it was a lag issue, but I started seeing it offline as well. I started using another pro controller over a week ago, and haven't had any issues.

The controller doesn't physically show any signs of wear. The stick still feels exactly like the one on the newer controller. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this with a pro controller? I just wonder if this is going to be a common issue with these controllers, or if mine is just an anomaly.
Used to happen on my gamepad, it was so bad I switched controllers. After a month, maybe even less, the control sticks work fine (But I still don't use it for smash so that it doesn't wear out again; many games require the gamepad.

Top Bottom